Cornwall Football Forum

Signing for multiple clubs!!

Guest Markdavis

Guest Markdavis

When is there going to be some action taken over the situation faced by numerous clubs this season?

Players should choose and play for one club, Its fair enough that if a player decides that they no longer wish to play for a club then they can transfer to and then play for another club.

But some players are signing for 2-3 clubs and jumping from team to team, it seems to me that this is ruining the lower levels of club football. It creates freak results and can cost teams vital points either in relegation and promotion races.

It allows whole groups of players to leave one club overnight and play for another team the next day I don't wish to quote teams but several have faced this problem so far this season us included (ludgvan) and I have just heard about 2 more teams who have had their teams and club structure crippled over night and now cannot field teams for saturday.

I think the simple solution would be to restrict players to signing for one club, but I can't see this being done before next season.

Guest Markdavis

I don't want to name the clubs involved but it will be obvious in the next couple of weeks which are affected, several players swapping a mining club for a FHFL club of the same league.

Guest bundithegreat

come soccer follower i turn up on a saturday and try to play football, but mount ambrose are mining 2 and carharrack are fhl 2 so sounds like a good guess considering carharrack are looking for players and some players of mount ambrose aint happy at the club so i have heard, but i am probably wrong, hopefully i am right and mount ambrose play us on saturday with some regulars out, make our life easier!!!

Guest lynchmob

When is there going to be some action taken over the situation faced by numerous clubs this season?

Players should choose and play for one club, Its fair enough that if a player decides that they no longer wish to play for a club then they can transfer to and then play for another club.

But some players are signing for 2-3 clubs and jumping from team to team, it seems to me that this is ruining the lower levels of club football. It creates freak results and can cost teams vital points either in relegation and promotion races.

It allows whole groups of players to leave one club overnight and play for another team the next day I don't wish to quote teams but several have faced this problem so far this season us included (ludgvan) and I have just heard about 2 more teams who have had their teams and club structure crippled over night and now cannot field teams for saturday.

I think the simple solution would be to restrict players to signing for one club, but I can't see this being done before next season.

I pesonally agree with u on this, i am the manager of Heamoor in mining 3 and we had Ludgvan come in try and take 80% percent of my hole side offering them money which i dont think is fair!!!

Also they did not approach us with transfer requests and i will be reporting them to the league, i have lost six players due to that and this nearly made me think whats the point in turning up every satday?? But cos i love the game we will soldier on without them and just hope for the best that we survive. But i do think the FA need to sort this out because junior football will become a joke and you will see silly results every week and teams wont be able to field a side...... that will be sad.

Guest some call him David Bentley

yeah good point 2 argue against , you an deffiantely tell when you no the team you played at the start of the season have drafted new players in for games :(

I pesonally agree with u on this, i am the manager of Heamoor in mining 3 and we had Ludgvan come in try and take 80% percent of my hole side offering them money which i dont think is fair!!!

Also they did not approach us with transfer requests and i will be reporting them to the league, i have lost six players due to that and this nearly made me think whats the point in turning up every satday?? But cos i love the game we will soldier on without them and just hope for the best that we survive. But i do think the FA need to sort this out because junior football will become a joke and you will see silly results every week and teams wont be able to field a side...... that will be sad.

Couldn't agree with this more... it's ludicress (sorry about spelling) that teams can get away with this, sign on for a team play for that team!!!!!! If a transfer request is made and all terms are agreed by both teams thats ok, but to just basicly steal someones squad is unfair and selfish, everyone is out there to play football so lets do it. And to the players that left, you signed for that squad play for that squad,grow a back bone don't run at the first sight of a few pound notes, surley you can't be getting that much. How about talking to your manager and explain the situation instead of turning your back on the team who had faith in you in the first place. tut tut.

Troon would argue that their players are signed for their club. Whats the difference betwen them using mining players and say Hayle or Wendron dropping players down from Combo or higher. Same club different leagues.

We got a stuffing at Troon this season, funny old thing Mining side game was called off. To be fair they only played players from within their club and you can't argue with that.

The bit that hurt was hearing the manager shout welcome to Fal/Helston football, and then a reply of, you wouldn't want me to take my players off, would you.

:(:( :(

Guest Markdavis

It is true that Ludgvan seconds is mainly made up of former Hayle players but all the players were disgruntled with Hayle for various reasons at the end of last season personally I don't like having to pay £4.50 match subs and £20 signing on fees and then not even have enough kit for the whole side when other players in the team above are being paid but thats another issue.

During the summer Jamie Mooney accepted the job of Ludgvan 2nd team manager and we were presented with the opportunity to all play in the same team made up and run by friends. Which we all accepted and are all enjoying now.

What I am referring to in this thread is the mid season shifts which are happening over night and affecting more and more clubs, the seven day approach ruling etc are being bypassed by the fact you can play for 2 clubs in 2 different leagues at the same time