Cornwall Football Forum

Truro v Beaconsfield

Guest Postie Pidge

Guest Postie Pidge

Last season Truro fans were always quick to post about their team's results. This season seems to be different - they were at home today as well!

The BGB Div1 S & W unbeaten run is ended -

Truro lost 2 - 1 at home today to Beaconsfield.

Beaconsfield led at half-time 1 - 0 thanks to a cracking goal.

The 2nd half was played in monsoon conditions but Truros pressure paid off with a headed goal from Yetton & further pressure saw them come close & hit the post - however Beaconsfield scored in the last few minutes of the game and held out for a worthy win.

Guest Man on the Post

Pidge you forgot to mention that those interested can go to the Tiger Talk Forum and see score updates

as they happen and will know the result just after the whistle blows. :thumbsup: :clapper:

Guest Postie Pidge

This is the only forum worth bothering about!

Mind you seeing as it was a defeat today, I'm not surprised it wasn't posted. Some one said that last season

Guest Man on the Post

I think Deacs would disagree with you Pidge as he recently posted, 'Thank you for the excellent coverage on your forum - Tiger Talk'. :thumbsup: Perhaps a big club like Falmouth could do the same. :clapper:

I wasn't at the game today Man on the Post, but I am a little concerned that Truro seem to be having a slight problem wearing down 11-man defences. What can they do about it, because no doubt between now and the business end of the season, a lot more teams will be coming down and attempting the same.

One thing to bear in mind is that this evening after tonights game Truro city had their firework display.

So it is possible that the chap that usually posts the results ,allforone, was still at the ground until quite late .as he is the supporters club chairman and is usually in charge of organising the firework display(volunteers etc.)

Well, I used my season ticket again! Fascinating game in many ways. Beaconsfield were exceptionally well organised and certainly loaded their defence who were all willing to throw themselves in the way of everything Truro threw at them. Yetts got the goal but if he could have physically matched their massive centre half he might have done better. Beaconsfield had height AND pace in all areas of the pitch and they never gave Truro an inch of space. Their goals were both out of the blue even though they had other chances cleared off the line - which is what defenders are for, by the way - and they were good value for their win. They've lost 4, is it, this season? All away. They wouldn't have been as wound up for those games as they were today and that is the problem Truro have to deal with. As the teams went off at half time Beaconsfield's big No 5 was bad-mouthing to Hockley amongst others about "Truro's big-time Charlies" - they were obviously fired up by the thought of "Truro's money" and they won't be the only ones.

First goal: long-range effort, well-struck, turned visciously by the strong wind, I think, making it hard for any 'keeper to judge its flight.

Equaliser: brilliant work by Hockley to reach the ball on the by-line and hit the far post for Yetts motoring in.

After that it looked like Truro were going to do it: Martin hit the post and the defending was at times desperate.

Third goal: Beaconsfield had two or three times shown how dangerous they were on the break, their No 10 seeming to get long punts upfield despite the attentions of two, sometimes three defenders with someone always streaking up the far side unmarked. They missed an absolute gilt-edged chance to score about five minutes from time, a dreadful miss; had another identical break with an unmarked far-post runner who didn't get the service; then again for the goal that went in off a post.

Truro need a couple of big, fast players.

I see the 2 'posts' have now been merged into one -

for the record I was typing my update at the same time that 'Pidge' was completeing his - so my update is not a reply to his comment about truro fans not posting match scores/updates.

There is also the fact that most club helpers/fans/well-wishers etc had indeed stayed on at the ground to prepare for the evenings Fireworks Display.