Cornwall Football Forum

Cornish New Boys Win against West Cornwall

Guest Gaff

The Cornish New Boys come out 2-0 victors away from home against West cornwall.

Two late goals from first Tom with a 30 yard effort and secondly Simon Dawson gave the New Boys a well deserved win. It's now 7 out of 7 for the New Boys and there Gaffer would like to congratulate them on such a good start to the season..... Keep it up guys.

Good result boys, keep up the hard work :clapper:

In the other big game of the day:

St Ives Mariners 2 Storm Res 1

Well deserved win for Mariners, although Storm did have a decent amount of chances themselves - Well played Macca :thumbsup:

is that you chris? only guessing from the photo on your profile.

Fair play to Mariners - they definately deserved the win.

Don't know what happen to storm but we just weren't up for it. Very poor performance.

No disrespect meant but I think New Boys, West Cornwall and Ludgvan are better sides but us storm boys just weren't up for it.

Personally I love a side full of not the best players but 100%er's and thats why Mariners are doing so well.

Storm on our day are hell of a side but far to inconsistent.

Guest cnb shower boy

I agree we are a much better team this year thats benifited from first years experience as we know have got used to the way each other behaves and plays. its also helped keeping the majority of the squad from last year as well as good additions in the form of tony oliver,alex barnes and ali chard all good versatile players. Also in my opinion there is a much better atmosphere around training match days and back at tyacks. i think this is reflected in the way we have started this season as we have not just won games but at times played very good football. we are a very young squad with plenty of improvement still to be achieved its a very exciting time at New Boys

great win for cornish new boys! with 2 well taken goals, especially the 2nd goal :yahoo:

going to be a tough season though, but very confident cornish new boys can win the league!

i think west cornwall will get promoted aswell as the have a very good young side like ourselves :yahoo: