Cornwall Football Forum

Surely not a rebel on the Tiger Talk Forum!

Thanks for the tip off for me to visit the Tiger Talk unofficial Truro City Forum late last night.

The posting I was referred to read ........... “don't want to worry everyone but! Has anyone else heard that the players weren't paid last week? Apparently they had a meeting after the Slough match to discuss it. Also they left at 6.30am Sat morning as they are no longer staying over the night before. Has anyone any more info?”

The response regarding the travelling was that “the distance isn't that far, and I think it may be just the London area matches that they stay over.”

Then a Moderator felt perhaps this sort of subject or suggestion wasn’t the sort of thing to place on the forum ".......it's worth considering that the player's welfare is particularly important to us. I'm sure many things will concern supporters of Truro City at one time or another, but where the bond and excellent relationship with The Team is concerned please be a little bit careful where these sort of matters are concerned. In the players we place our trust, and likewise make sure they continue to trust us."

The final comment was :” If you don’t want to worry anyone why mention it? If you know, then state the facts. If you have heard a rumour that could put the knife into Truro City football Club then put it on the Cornish soccer forum “

In reply to that, I think they can do it perfectly well themselves without anyone from the CORNISH SOCCER Forum getting involved!

Interesting post Dave, but there's really no need to be TOO defensive over one misplaced post! ;)

The first post was written as if the member KNEW this to be fact (maybe he/she does) but I think the Moderator needed to err on the side of caution on litigious grounds. The final post referring to CSF was made by an individual who obviously doesn't understand the standpoint TigerTalk has: we were BORN out of rebellion!

As you know, I was removed from administering and moderating the official TCFC forum after redressing the balance regarding Glyn Hooper's departure. The club forum was, in my opinion, over-policed from within and the smallest criticism was pounced upon. :SM_carton: There needed to be a place for City fans to be allowed to be objective, and critical if necessary - on a forum which still supported the team - hence TigerTalk.

There WAS a place for the thread on TT - contrary to the final poster's sentiment. I think he wrongly sees CSF as the only place for any views not blindly pro-City, which is a world apart from our intention. He also seemed very dismissive of CSF (maybe leading to your thread here) but again, that is not the attitude of the TT admin, mods and vast majority of TT members.

It's a shame you didn't reply directly to the comment on TigerTalk - I'm sure the thread would have developed nicely!

HaHaHaHaHa. Its Watcher again.

Im not going to waste my time.

The sentence,says it all.HAS ANYONE ELSE HEARD.

Should keep the rumour mongers going for a while.

Will Truro be able to field a side on Saturday.Can they be kicked out the League,for failing to fullfill fixtures.

Points deduction.

Come you lot we got to keep Watcher occupied.

Any FACTS yet.?

The club forum was, in my opinion, over-policed from within and the smallest criticism was pounced upon. There needed to be a place for City fans to be allowed to be objective, and critical if necessary - on a forum which still supported the team - hence TigerTalk.

Unless I'm going blind - the topic has been taken off! :D