Cornwall Football Forum

Cheers Bazzer,

Chris Fairey has assembled a good young side, who in fairness have played good football all season so far. I am sure that Kev Richards at Porthleven, and Mr Fisher at Perranwell would agree that our league position is not a true reflection of how well we have played so far this season. Sometimes you just do not get the rub of the green.

With a young side it is always going to take a little time for them to feel confident at this level but to their credit and Chris's he has not deviated from playing attractive attacking football.

Scooby

Come on Newquay players or supporters, who scored your goal Tuesday evening or was it an O.G.

Newquay are having a tough run like Penzance did last season. Game after game with no breaks and with Newquay now relying more on youth it's taking it's toll and hence that's why they are where they are in the league.

Like last season for Pz Newquay are fixtured for 27 games before the end of December and 12 after (odd number due to cup match) The league aught to spread it a bit better.

Come on Newquay players or supporters, who scored your goal Tuesday evening or was it an O.G.

Newquay are having a tough run like Penzance did last season. Game after game with no breaks and with Newquay now relying more on youth it's taking it's toll and hence that's why they are where they are in the league.

Like last season for Pz Newquay are fixtured for 27 games before the end of December and 12 after (odd number due to cup match) The league aught to spread it a bit better.

i would of thought it would be to newquays and penzance favour to play midweek games that way you can have a look at a few different options ( like first team players) and befoer you all start i dont mind teams loading up in midweek . but surely its harder for teams with only one senior side to play midweek fixtures

One of the things I'm trying to say, with so many games crammed in at the start of the season, the teams with the floodlights, Newquay, Penzance, Falmouth, Penryn and Porthleven have to start their season on the run.

Everything has to be in place from game one, because if it isn't a third or half your season has gone before you can sort out the problems within the team. Both Pz last season and Newquay this have gone for youth and it's not worked. Pz just couldn't get going last year whilst Newquay are sliding down the table fast.

The league should make other teams play away evening matches to even up the table a bit. What's wrong with say Holman SC visiting Porthleven on a Tuesday evening or Perranwell visiting Falmouth. There should be no choice for these clubs to opt out of evening matches. Culdrose agreed to play mid-week, so should the rest.

One typical example of how it alters things is this coming Saturday. It is the 1st round of the league cup and there were 8 ties scheduled. Unfortunatly St Agnes and Porthleven need to play a prelim round replay. So the 1st round is now going to be disrupted. If the replay could have be scheduled for midweek this coming week (as it has to be played at Porthleven), then all 8 1st round ties could be played next week. As it is the league and cup schedules will need to be altered for what. A reluctance by the league to insist all clubs should at least play some midweek games.

i can see your point of view cornishteddyboy all im saying is using your club and my club as a example we all know that work and family commitments affect midweek games but penzance can bring in peninsula league players to make up numbers whilst portreath have to call up mining two players . so an advantage gained by playing midweek i would of thought