Saltash United 7 Bere Alston United 1

Torpoint Athletic 6 Lanreath 1

DIVISION ONE

Holsworthy 2 Bude Town 4

Roche 3 St Newlyn East 1

St Dominick 0 Polperro 2

Holsworthy 2 Bude 4

Scorers- Dan Middleton 2, Billy Hopcroft 2

Once again we made it hard for ourselves at 2-0 up and nearly chucked it away when it could have been 8 or 9 goals however with a young side we will learn from the Camelford game when we lost a 3-0 lead and will be there and there abouts this seasoon.

so...what actually happened against Camelford?Have they signed some new players since the first game of the season?

Yeah ive played with billy since i was 9 and has got bundles of talent just needs a better attitude at times but hes getting there and has now scored 4 in 2 games but also could have scored more so room for improvement.

And for the Camelforrd game we went 3-0 up and then had a goal disallowed which would have made it 4-0 and was a very dubious offside however we still continued to bundle forward to atttack and was caught from a corner, gave a pen away and their striker scored a screamer but apart from that it could have been 7 or 8 at one point howver we need to learn to sit back sometimes and think about it but i suppose that will come with experience as we have 8 players who are 17 or 18 years old and our oldest player being 23.

And Foz i doubt it very much Camelford had different players we just chucked it away, i see u lot (parkway) are the early pace makers and we are going to have to try and keep up with you but looking forward to playing you and will give you a very good game in my opinion (well i hope lol) unlike some of the teams so far ha.

Anyone who was at the Saltash United v Bere Alston United game will tell you that our game definately wasn't as one sided as the scoreline suggests. :(

Saltash would have had no complaints if we had gone in leading at half time as we created and squandered five or six good goalscoring opportunities,,

But as we are quickly learning at this level, if you don't score when you're on top you'll get punished sooner or later for any defensive lapses at the other end and whereas our defence has been pretty solid in our first two games we capitulated a bit in the 2nd half although a few of the goals saltash scored were pretty soft as far as our defence are concerned. :angry2:

However, all that most people will see is played 3 lost 3 which isn't very appetising for any potential signings, although we should realistically (on performances and chances missed) be siting in mid table with six points.

We also need to bear in mind the quality of opposition....Tavistock, Launceston and Saltash :o and be thankful that not all the games will be as hard, providing we stick at it dig in collectively and play our way out of our dreadful start (results wise).

Mind you if there is a 25 goal a season striker out there that wants a stab at ECPl Premier Football then I'm all ears !!! :unsure:

Yeah ive played with billy since i was 9 and has got bundles of talent just needs a better attitude at times but hes getting there and has now scored 4 in 2 games but also could have scored more so room for improvement.

And for the Camelforrd game we went 3-0 up and then had a goal disallowed which would have made it 4-0 and was a very dubious offside however we still continued to bundle forward to atttack and was caught from a corner, gave a pen away and their striker scored a screamer but apart from that it could have been 7 or 8 at one point howver we need to learn to sit back sometimes and think about it but i suppose that will come with experience as we have 8 players who are 17 or 18 years old and our oldest player being 23.

And Foz i doubt it very much Camelford had different players we just chucked it away, i see u lot (parkway) are the early pace makers and we are going to have to try and keep up with you but looking forward to playing you and will give you a very good game in my opinion (well i hope lol) unlike some of the teams so far ha.

Well that is a 'young' side that you have there!!!I admire your honesty with regards to 'chucking it away' against Camelford. To be honest I would say that Camelford gave us a game for about 15 mins..until we got are act together......St Stephens gave us a game..we were merely just the better side...and we have played the 2 other Plymouth sides and they both gave us a game as expected really!!With regards to the game against Elburton Tuesday...both sides missed a penalty...and it could be argued that the score wasnt a reflection of the game as they had a lot of possesion..but as they say..goals win games!!Lifton on saturday.....anyone know anything about them?Oh and when we play you...which if i have read it right, on the 1st November it is at Bolitho Park (Parkways 1st team Pitch)!!!

In reply to Foz06:

Hello mate, we (Callington) played Lifton on Tuesday and drew 2-2 with them. However had it not been for 3 injuries to key players in a space of 5 mins I think we would have built on our 2-0 lead and won quite comfortably. But, to their credit they have some tidy young players - especially on the wide left if I remember correctly. They are a very young side, and rely on trying to play football rather than going for the physical stuff as they are quite a small side. Looking at your results so far though, I cant see them causing you too much bother - and thats not being dis-respectful to them, its just that you lads seem to be stuffing everyone!

In reply to Foz06:

Hello mate, we (Callington) played Lifton on Tuesday and drew 2-2 with them. However had it not been for 3 injuries to key players in a space of 5 mins I think we would have built on our 2-0 lead and won quite comfortably. But, to their credit they have some tidy young players - especially on the wide left if I remember correctly. They are a very young side, and rely on trying to play football rather than going for the physical stuff as they are quite a small side. Looking at your results so far though, I cant see them causing you too much bother - and thats not being dis-respectful to them, its just that you lads seem to be stuffing everyone!

Trucksy

Thanks for that info mate appreciate it obviously with it being are 1st season in the league we dont know what any of the teams are like with the exception of Plymstock and Elburton.

I have to admit regardless of are results so far we as a team are really enjoying playing against 'new' sides on better pitches...starting the season at Camelford basically confirmed why we made the decision to move leagues!!!

No worries fella. Yeah the pitches are certainly a step up from some of the P and D ones. I used to play in that many years ago for Kelly Bray (also called Swingletree), and playing in this league certainly beats the likes of Tothill and Staddiscombe!

Too Right...last season we played on a pitch that reminded me of a Skateboard Ramp....bloody disgrace!!!

Well that is a 'young' side that you have there!!!I admire your honesty with regards to 'chucking it away' against Camelford. To be honest I would say that Camelford gave us a game for about 15 mins..until we got are act together......St Stephens gave us a game..we were merely just the better side...and we have played the 2 other Plymouth sides and they both gave us a game as expected really!!With regards to the game against Elburton Tuesday...both sides missed a penalty...and it could be argued that the score wasnt a reflection of the game as they had a lot of possesion..but as they say..goals win games!!Lifton on saturday.....anyone know anything about them?Oh and when we play you...which if i have read it right, on the 1st November it is at Bolitho Park (Parkways 1st team Pitch)!!!

In Reply to Foz: yeah thats why we will learn with such a young side and well we did chuck it away in the first half as well!!! but no excuses we still should have finished our chances in the second half. O right any thoughts on st.stephens 3G pitch? Yeah you should beat Lifton comfortable but i believe they have picked up from last season which they need to after finishing bottom so will be tougher and yes looking very forward to that game and ideal is it on the 1st team pitch! even better!

Parkway reserves play at Millbay Park

We do play at Millbay Park..but our home games versus Bude and Callington are being played at Bolitho Park as our P&D side have games at Millbay on the dates when we are due to play the above mentioned!!

In Reply to Foz: yeah thats why we will learn with such a young side and well we did chuck it away in the first half as well!!! but no excuses we still should have finished our chances in the second half. O right any thoughts on st.stephens 3G pitch? Yeah you should beat Lifton comfortable but i believe they have picked up from last season which they need to after finishing bottom so will be tougher and yes looking very forward to that game and ideal is it on the 1st team pitch! even better!

St Stephens 3G pitch is fine...a bit narrow...but if your a footballing side then what better to play on a pitch with no divits, etc!!!