Cornwall Football Forum

Torpoint Athletic ECPL v Millbrook SWPL (W)

As the newly elected chairman of Torpoint AFC, I need to word this carefully.

Needless to say, as mentioned above a squad of 18 players changed and ready to go. Referee at the ground, after leaving work early to make the match, travelling from Tavistock.

Approximately 20 supporters also in attendance.

There has been dialogue between our Director of Football and Millbrook's SWPL Manager. The reasons for non attendance are unsatisfactory, and I will contact Millbrook at the appropriate level.

Guest ECPL Supporter

i heard that keano called said the game was cancelled and that thye had a training session instead

they lost 5-0 on saturday

Called who?

Guest keano

I recieved a phone call from a witheld on tuesday afternoon which went something along the lines of

caller: hello its ricky , im really sorry for the late notice but im gonna have to cancell the game as i cant raise a team,

me: well ok then ricky nothing we can do about it if that the case

caller: again really sorry and good luck for the season

me: thanks same to you

for a split second i was suspicious and called ricky cardews modile 3 times , all of which went to his answer phone , the only mistake i proberly made was not leaving a message , but still it was late in the day and i had 19 players to ring and tell them the game was off , which i did. I have never heard of this happening before so why would i not believe it.

Torpoint can take it up with who ever they want at millbrook, it really makes no diffrence to me !

The reasons for non attendance are unsatisfactory

and as for that comment , thats your opinion , i have mine and will stick to it.

Guest ECPL Supporter

Would you not have recognised it wasn't Ricky's voice?

And why did Ricky have no missed calls from you as his phone tells him that someone has tried to phone him even if his phone was off or out of signal at the time

Guest Blackshirt

I was the official for this game and had to travel from Oakhampton as I was up there working , I took two hours off work so when Millbrook failed to turn up I was none to happy mr. Cardew tried several times to phone the Millbrook Manager but could not get through. Then some one else tried and got through to some one who said that Mr. Cardew had phoned earlier to cancel the match . I cannot comment on that but Torpoint and the supporters all seemed a bit put out as I certainly did. I would also like to thank Mr. Cardew and the Torpoint team for their kindness and letting me stay and train with them. :SM_carton: To Millbrook.