Cornwall Football Forum

Fund Raising Ideas

Does anyone have any good ideas for fund raising events to help boost club funds.We do the usual horse racing nights, quizes etc but find that once pitches , refs and food are paid for there isn't a whole lot left over.I'm sure were not alone at Biscovey in always finding it testing to remain in the black so any new ideas would be welcomed.Also ,if any team is looking for a friendly against any of our three teams please let me know via a pm.

Dave maybe try a pre-season open day at the club with family entertainment during the day in the form of Mr Wacky childrens entertainer, face painting, bouncy castle (you can borrow ours), raffles(to be donated), fun games like apple bobbing, hog roast (can source a very good price for you), then a good band in the evening to pull them in.

Make it a fancy dress theme like Hawaiin, have childrens and adults prizes for best fancy dress(can get these donated)- charge an entrance fee of around £5 then charge for all the above bits and pieces also. Need any numbers or suggestions then give me a call mate but I think the kids and youth players will love it and the adults will be happy they are occupied and then the evening is for the older folk and parents and the bar takings are up also!!!

Good luck!!

This is one I want to put to the Pz committee but you can copy it.

Do you know a friendly dairy farmer? If yes then you might want to try this for the end of next season. Borrow a cow, put it on your ground to let it eat grass and then let it do a cow pat!

Why you ask.

Well for the whole season you have been selling square metres/yards of your pitch for a £1 each. 100 x 50 = a potential £5000. Don't worry if you don't sell off the whole pitch.

Where the cow does it's pat then whoever owns that square yard or nearest to it wins a cash amount say £200. Next closest say £50. You wil need a long tape measure to measure from a couple of reference points.

If there are squares around the dump then you must measure from the pat to the corners to find the closest.

This is an all season fundraiser and can be sold to your opponents during the season. When the cow is brought to the ground you release it in the middle of the park.

You could make it a fun day by having a couple of stalls selling bits and pieces.

Another good money spinner is a duck race. If you sell more than 100 ducks you hold heats to find your finalists. Kids love duck races. Sell them round your local area not just through the club.

CTB

Thanks for the ideas. Unfortunately we play on council owned pitches so unleashing a cow on the pitch will probably result in the termination of our contract , but for anyone with their own pitch it sounds like a great idea. To Lafs, great idea for the Hawain night, you know the bisc boys !, and good luck for the new season in St Austell.