Cornwall Football Forum

2008/2009 fixtures

Does anyone have an idea when we are likely to have the 2008/09 fixtures out?

I am guessing the 1st games will be on the 9th of August which is the same day i go on my family hols for a week. The other half has said as long as we are either home or not to far away if away i can still go to the match before we set off for sunny Weston Super Mare. :thumbsup::yahoo: :thumbsup:

Guest Postie Pidge

The SWPL season runs from 9th August to 16th May.

Fixturemaster Phil will have them out within the next week I expect.

I heard Withy had Falmouth away first game! haha :P :clapper:

Guest Phil H

Fixtures will be published exclusively on www.swpleague.co.uk at 11am on Wednesday 11th June

I would imagine this will once again make us 1st or certainly one of the 1st leagues to publish its fixtures.

For the benefit of North Devon Dweller - Your beloved Witheridge will be away in Cornwall, but not at Falmouth ! and to keep you guessing I reckon your trip to Weston SM is further from your home than your away match !

Regards

Phil H

Guest Postie Pidge

The most exiting time of the pre-season will have to wait even longer! I hate the anticipation. Maybe Mr H would be kind enough to reveal the opening day games?

Phil ..... I notice from a posting of yours on the SWPL Forum that you were only beaten by one other league last season in getting the fixtures released quickest. Just out of interest, which one beat you and are you up to go one better this time around?

One other question, when are the FA competition draws made?

Guest Phil H

I can't recall who beat me last year, one of the Northern leagues leagues I recall, hope to go 1 better but will have to see !

FA Comps not due to early July, Southern Lge fixtures not to mid-July

There will be some fine tuning on FA Cup & Vase dates once the draw is known but clubs who have entered have been kept blank on at least 1 date for each of the Vase & Cup.

Truro's fixtures will be venue dependent, with the dates & order in the fixtures but the exact venues to be confirmed once the Southern League publish there list.

Guest Phil H

Still waiting for my travel expenses to attend an interview in Worcester in April 2007 ! So not really inclined to want to help out the Southern League, the chap who got the job and did last years fixtures took a lot of stick, but apparently he was "well connected" to the Chairman of the league, a chain smoking chap with bad dandruff I seem to recall !

Guest Phil H

After having my arm seriously twisted I have agreed to suffer a trip to Worcester for the Cricket on Weds followed by Birmingham speedway in the evening, a real hardship you all understand !

The good news is however that after cracking on all weekend on the fixtures I am now in a position to bring forward the release by 25 hours and they will now be avaliable on Tuesday at 10am !