Cornwall Football Forum

Liskeard's new ECPL manager

Guest Uncle Albert

Guest Uncle Albert

I gather Ian Lyndsay has been named as Liskeard's new ECPL manager, succeeding Clive Hodge.

There's more detail on www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/sport

Congratulations to Ian.

Most of them went back last season and I cannot see many wanting to play East Cornwall football if they can play in a higher league?

A lot of the lads that left Dobwalls to play for Clive Hodge were not good enough to play at that level, the results proved that.

But best of luck to Ian and Hiller.

Guest SPECTATOR

Gooner: As a local football supporter, I find it odd how you can say that those players in Liskeard's 2nd team last season were not good enough, when they actually got 5 more points than the team the season before. Six of those players from the season before were in Dobwalls 1st team last season. Those ex Liskeard players in your 1st team are without doubt good players, but no one can take anything away from the young lads that stepped up a league and achieved a better league points total for Liskeard than the previous season. Plus a few of those young players (that you say aren't good enough) did a more than respectable job for Liskeard 1st team when called upon. I shouldn't speak too soon if I were you about those young lads not being good enough, when you might find yourself having to watch one or two of them play for the 1st team at Dobwalls this coming season. Plus, the Liskeard players that were left to pick up the pieces at the begining of last season after those other players left, also deserve respect along with the new players for keeping the club in the East Cornwall Premier League (and getting more points).

The problem as I see it is that there are not enough local players good enough to meet the needs of the senior teams in the area.

So unless Liskeard,Dobwalls,Lanreath etc can bring players from other areas there is always going to be the merygoround of players between the clubs which does nobody anygood.

If liskeard are hoping to strengthen this season the obvious choice is to try and recruit from Dobwalls and vice versa.

This has occurred for the last two years and in both seasons the blues have struggled so what will they do differently this season?

I have never managed a team but I do know that a lot of hard work goes into the running of a club and it surely would be a lot more enjoyable without petty bickering and behind the scenes back stabbing.

I hope that all of the local senior sides do well this season but time will tell.