Cornwall Football Forum

Liskeard's new manager

Guest Uncle Albert

Guest Uncle Albert

Come on, Mr Deacon, tell us who the new manager of Liskeard is. You must have been told at the dinner, or is it being kept a secret until the Indy comes out tomorrow? Another 'exclusive' . . . or shall I spill the beans tonight, before the Indy prints, and give the Cornish Soccer Forum its own exclusive???

Guest Uncle Albert

Is that the same Mr Sampson who is the paid press officer of the league?? Blimey, wonder how he gets his exclusives!!!!

At least you're just a columnist, Dave, rather than a press officer of a league who uses his position to get all the pro-league stories in. You wont find anything anti-Peninsula League in Mr Sampson's columns. Can't imagine why?

I'll keep the Liskeard manager's name to myself for the time being.

Guest Peppermint

Come on Uncle Albert let us knowwho is the Liskeard Manager is because some of us no longer bother with the 'Indy' because of its sad decline in standards.

Of course who's to say they have even appointed a new manager yet! :D

Here's the latest odds CORNISH SOCCER is getting from its East Cornwall Correspondent :D :

Leigh Cooper 5/1

Roger Fice 9/1

Mark Jones 50/1

Ian Stephens 60/1

Martin Burgess 75/1

Chris Burchill 100/1

Jamie Morrison-Hill 150/1

Stuart Henderson 300/1

Steve Massey 1000/1

:thumbsup:

I spoke to Mr Morrison-Hill earlier and he was very surprised he was in the running to take over such a great club. He would however be very interested in talking to the chairman of Liskeard as he knows at the age of 33, his football playing days are nearly over.

Guest Uncle Albert

All I can say at the moment is that he is on Mr Deacon's betting list, and has a link with Liskeard.

I expect it to be announced officially tomorrow.

Guest Uncle Albert

The Vospers job will be touted around . . . because Leigh Cooper has tonight accepted the offer to take over as Liskeard's new manager.

The Liskeard link I mentioned last night is former Blues goalkeeper Tony Richardson, who will follow Leigh from Vospers to Lux Park as his assistant.

The identity of Liskeard's new second team manager is still being discussed by the club, I am told.

There are more details on www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/sport

Guest Uncle Albert

I think Liskeard supporters can look forward to some interesting signings before the new season kicks off on August 9. They may not all be 'new' faces . . .

I heard this morning that Clive Hodge has resigned as their second team manager(did he jump or was he pushed?)

Word has it that Ian Lindsay and Dave Hill who both have sons at the club are to take over?

Best of luck to them for the new season if that is the case.

:drink::drink: :drink:

I think it's scandalous that Morrison-Hill didn't get the job!

In all seriousness, best of luck Coops i'm sure you will do a great job down there for a club that deserves success, apart from when they play the Clarets of course!

Guest ECPL Supporter

Great move by the club. Presumably the budget is there now for the new management team to return the club to the fore of Cornish football.

Come on you Blues :D

I don't think the budget was bad last season to be fair