Cornwall Football Forum

chacewater crowned champions

Guest chacewater 7

Luke Kelland and Mike Elliott.

As Chaceawater 7 said,the match was played in good spirits and enjoyable to watch.Well done to Falmouth Athletic on a good season also in winning the Percy Stephens Cup and league runners-up.

What a long season,started in mid-August.

Also nice to make acquaintance with spurs 03.

Guest Spenny

Yeah well done to all at chacewater..... long hard season and i think we deserved to win it, but then i would say that hey.

Also well done to all the athletic players, who knew they were on a hiding to nothing tonight but played the game in good spirits, congratulated us and came back for a drink after, even though i guess it was the last thing they felt like doing.

Guest mariner

Yep well done chace, but mat what are you doing on the forum 20 mins after youve just been crowned champs of the league surely you should be celebrating :wacko:

Guest spurs03

well done to chacewater, good game to watch and no problem at all coming back to the pub for a

drink,like I said before both teams had a very good season.good to put faces to names.

congratulations :clapper: :clapper:

Guest stealth

MARINER. THINK CHACEWATER 7 RUSHED HOME TO SEE IF THE FALMOUTH PACKET HAD ARRIVED YET :drink::drink::ninja: ALL JOKES A SIDE MARINER WHEN YOU WENT 2 NIL DWN I WAS EXSPECTING THE TACKLES TO START FLYIN IN BUT CREDIT TO YOU BOYS U KEPT GOING AND SCORED A COUPLE OF SOFT GOALS. MIND YOU AFTER THE GAME WE FOUND 2 OF OUR PLAYERS IN THAT GRASS BY THE BOWLIN CLUB, WE THOUGHT THAT IT WAS WRONG REALY FOR YOU TO HAVE TO PLAY BK TO BK GAMES I KNOW WE WOULDNT HAV LIKED ESPECIALY WOT WAS RIDING ON THOSE GAMES BUD. :ninja: :ninja:

Well done to all at chacewater especially spenny and mike elliot and soccer follower himself. From Dazza it would have been nice to see portreath play chacewater to see who is the strongest team in junior football i know we won the junior cup but i think there should be a play off final like the everly cup to see who is the best.....

Thanks for the plaudits guys,the players really deserve them after a long hard season which for us started nine months ago.

Looking at the trophy last night,the first time that Chacewater won the Division One championship was forty one years ago and this is the second,mind you most of the gap was spent in the Mining League until we returned to the Falmouth Helston League about twelve years ago.

Would also like to thank our main rivals on the run in since March ie Falmouth Athletic,Mawnan and St.Keverne,who were leading the league for a long time,and who have given the league its closest and most exciting finale for many a season.

Congratulations to Chacewater, long hard season for every team involved. Just wondered all you chacewater guys who your player of the season is??

dan bennets spectators player of the year and that was well desereved as well

well done chacewater :thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup: