Cornwall Football Forum

fhfl reslts 19/5/08

Guest geachy1

Guest geachy1

mawnan 4 - 3 mawgan united

mawgan were 3-3 with 30seconds to go to get the point they needed to finish 3rd and get promoted to div 1

when mawgan lost possesion mawnan atacked and got a winner from shaun beanhead rickard .

Mawnan 4-3 Mawgan

This was as good a game as the scoreline suggests. Mawgan went 3-0 down with only 1/2 an hour gone but fought back to 3-2 by half time through 2 well take goals one notably a Matt Ruse thunderbolt. The second half was an onslaught by Mawgan with Mawnan barely getting out of their own half there were good saves goal line clearances, but as has happened all season Mawgan were wasteful in front of goal and as I said at the start of this season it has come back to bite us on the arse. Mawgan were awarded a penalty which Ruse converted for 3-3 and then in the final minute Mawgan instead of keeping the ball gave it away on the half way line and Mawnan with their 1st serious attack of the half scored the winner with a lovely chip over the keeper into the net.

I am now going to have a gripe, it is hard enough playing Mawnan Smith at any time and they are fortunate enough to have a 1st team to call upon when they are short so that they can bolster their side but to play them when the referee is so blatantly 1 sided is beyond a joke.

The standard of refereeing this season has been brilliant with the odd exception, all are approachable and all like the banter that is provided whenever Mawgan play, but that fella last night has no business reffing mens football, he gave us absolutly nothing except a stonewall penalty that not even he could have waved away. He was unapproachable if you asked him to explain a decision he threatened you with a card and we had a blatant penalty turned down and when I asked him why he hadn't given it he told me I was lucky to still be on the pitch. ????????

There was banter with the Mawnan lads who came down to watch but if anything was said back to them we were threatened with a card. It really grips my shit when this obviously hen-pecked fella has come out to ref a match and completly gets off on the 90 minutes of power that he gets a week then has to go home and do the hoovering and the pots.

This is in no way a slur on all refs as I have already stated that the standard has been high this season and we couldn't play the game without them.

I am aware that this may come over as sour grapes but it couldn't be further from the truth, Mawnan Smith are a good footballing side who play hard but fair and we have had 2 good battles with them this season.

Rant over, soap box away and good luck to Pendeen, Truro and Perranwell next season

Guest helstons14

what were they sent off for ? any one confirm teh falmouth team ? helston scorers and players sent off :D

Scorers not in order= Morley 2

Goldsworthy 3

Hennessy

Rowe

Matthews

Russell

Eddy.

Guest One Dart

Davey Bones, Mawnan 2nds had no regular first team players in last night to ruin anything. Chris Pellow who has returned from sea has played about 5 games all season and Ollie Miller who has kept the bench warm all season. Hardly pulling their big guns from the first team. They even called upon Scott Williams (who scored two,) and Andy Winnan, who retired two seasons ago because they where so short. Lets get your facts straight before you have a go!

Ah Reakon So, if your lads didn't go around F..ing and Blinding every two seconds maybe you would get a break every so often. If you had a more senior ref last night, the game would have had to have been abandoned, you wouldn't have had any players left on the pitch!! Your team have been like it all season mate. You reap what you sow.

One dart

We played against your 1sts in a semi final 3 weeks ago so don't tell me that none of them weren't playing Monday night and it is more than likely why no team sheet was offered for us to sign.

secondly have you been watching us all season: answer NO. So how would know what we have been like. we are passionate and we sound off at each other every now and then. We have had one sending off for foul language all season which was justified as it was me so are you telling me that all the other refs we have had this season are weak because it isn't the case most of them enjoy the banter that comes with most of our games. The fact of the matter is the ref the other night was terrible there wasn't one foul word towards him or any of the lino's and he still kept on threatening our lads with yellows and reds, I stand by what I said he has no business reffing what is supposed to be a mans game.

your opinion carries little weight with me my man

opinions are like arseholes everyone has got one and everyone's stinks

Moan moan moan, looking for excuses; refs, players, first teamers, all sounds like sour grapes to me! the first teamers excuse is pathetic if you had your eyes open when you played mawnan in the cup recently you may of had (1) a different result (2) been able to tell that they were actually different people. Also if you looked to the side of the pitch you would of seen a number of the first team players supporting the second team which they often do, none of whom were kitted up! And its probably a good thing you didn't get the point required to go up as I don't think all the other sides would be able to handle your constant moaning when you lose every week!!!

Guest whirlwind

ah reckon so, i think you'll find that one dart was correct. my boy plays for mawnan firsts and i watched your cup game with them and also watched the seconds play the other night (my boy was watching with me and not playing). can confirm that there were no regular first teamers playing, as the majority of the first teamers were on the sidelines showing support for their second team. and taking great joy in trying to wind you up personaly (i think you can remember seeing us on the sideline as we were obviosly getting on your tits). we were delighted to see you retaliating by abusing the ref and picking up a yellow, and you could consider yourself very lucky to stay on the pitch !!!

I have already stated that it was a good game to play in and I have no problems with Mawnan Smith or any other team we have played this season and I havent complained once this season about losing a game and always try to do a fair write up.

I not even moaning even if you did have 1st team players in (which you did but I'm not arsed) as in the second half we played you off the pitch and I have no complaints about not going up as Pendeen, Truro and Perranwell are all good sides who I think will do well in the 1st division next season. my only problem was with the ref who was absolutly terrible. As you have put you were trying to wind me up which again I don't mind as it is all part of having the crack and a bit of banter but surely you must agree that I must be allowed to say things back to you but when I tried i get threatened with a card none of the things I have said are an excuse for not going up as I said in my 1st thread on the subject it was down to poor finishing

Lastly whirlwind why do you think I was lucky to stay on the pitch did I at any time either a) do a bad challenge (B) swear at any officials, opponents or you lot on the side the answer is no, all me & my team do is bitch and moan at each other because we are passionate and don't like to lose is that a bad quality to have? i dont think so. we have a go at one another but as soon as we get in the bar it is all forgotten about.

I am not on here to call any other club or try and get points back as this has been a good season and the top half of the 2nd division has been the strongest since I moved down here and we have played in some damn good games like the one the other night and I have enjoyed it immensly. I am also not on here to justify myself to anybody like always all i am trying to do is be honest.

MAC

and you still think that is funny (you must be a great laugh at party's, your end of season do will be a laugh riot).

Either you cannot read properly or you just don't understand I am trying to think of a way I can put this so that even an out-patient like you can understand it.

I AM NOT ARSED. IT ISN'T AN EXCUSE, I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM, I AM NOT TRYING TO GET ANYBODY IN TROUBLE, THE SEASON IS OVER. I LIKE MAWNAN SMITH, I HAVE HAD A LOT OF GOOD GAMES WITH THEIR 1ST'S AND 2NDS.

DO YOU GET IT NOW OR IS IT STILL FUNNY

Honestly

a couple of more brain cells and you would be a rubber plant.

Ah Reakon So, if your lads didn't go around F..ing and Blinding every two seconds maybe you would get a break every so often. If you had a more senior ref last night, the game would have had to have been abandoned, you wouldn't have had any players left on the pitch!! Your team have been like it all season mate. You reap what you sow.

I love going down to Mawgan to referee, always have brilliant banter with Mac and the other players and have never, personally, had a problem with bad language there. Mawgan are consistently at the very top end of the table so it is a shame they've missed out on promotion again, but best of luck next season ;)

i have played for mawgan since mac has been here and the banter is comicle to watch and to play with, bitching and moaning is part of our game, when you lose you lose as a team, no-one takes it personally as it is frustration coming out, i suppose all the boys from mawnan smith never argue with each other or never call each other twats. as for you blokes on the side line, if you are aloud to gob off then why should a player be threatened to be sent off if he gobs back. the ref was a discrace and you guys know it! you just wont agree as your team won and he gave your side everything!!

Guest whirlwind

i think that falmouth helston divisions should have fourth officials on the side line, so they can send 5 of the 7 supporters off that bothered to come and watch !! yeh good one mouser!!! if you swear at an official you disearve what you get.... and stop slagging off rubber plants, i've got several and i love them!!

Bravo Whirlwind!! I'm a great fan of the rubber plant too! No need to water!

If only Mouser and Reckon so put in as much effort on the field actually playing football as they do mouthing off on here and the pitch they may have been promoted.

And as for us watching we didn't shout any naughty swear words from the side as you guys were on the pitch which obviously going to get the attention of the ref no matter how good/bad he is!?!?!?

Guest geachy1

if the game was the other way round and it was mawnan res trying to get promoted or if it was a cup final and the ref was being one sided on behalf of the oposition it would be u boys who would be on here sayin the same things us mawgan players are sayin.

u gota ur result u beat us

do any of u boys know mac or "ah reckon so" because in one of your statments u question his effort.

mac and his family have worked hard for his club all season and wot hes has done has been a great effort taking a div 2 team to the semi final of the percy stephan cup and coming joint 3rd in the league missing out on promotion by 1 point. and you quetion his effort .

the last game of the season didnt go as planned for us we lost every one in this world has a right to get frustrated when things dnt go right he has put alot of "effort" in this season .

mawgan will be back stronger for the next campeign :drink:

well said geachy!!!! a very small village club that puts every effort into a match on and off the field including myself and mac each week is entitled to their opinions on and off the pitch, at the end of the day the ref was crap, he gave everything to mawnan and thats the simple fact why we are on here saying its a shame that happened and we didnt get promotion.

Guest One Dart

Geachy, not questioning Macs effort to the club in any way. Think he's a tidy player and you boys have had a great season. Just responding to (in my opinion,) unfair attack on the ref and the accusation that Mawnan fielded a load of first team players.

Mac iv seen your boys about 6 times this season and every time the language has been over the top. Yeah I admit a lot of it is directed at your own team mates.

And no us Mawnan boys never f@@king swear!!!!!

Guest geachy1

I KNOW YOU DIDNT QUESTION THE EFFORT ONE DART

SUPER SAINT DID.

NOT THAT IT MATTERS ANYMORE ITS SEASON OVER .

NEXT SEASON IS WERE IT COUNTS NOW