Cornwall Football Forum

Just like to say how disgusted I was to hear that a 3 and 4 year old and an 8 month old were charged for watching yesterdays game!! Is this a league or Helston thing, either way this is digraceful and they should be ashamed of themselves! :SM_carton:

Guest Peppermint

This seems absolute ridiculous and perhaps it was a 'Jobsworth' on the gate. Icannot believe that it is Helston Football Club or Combination League policy.

Guest WINNO

I WILL PERSONALLY TALK TO THE CHAIRMAN. IF IT WAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH HELSTON AFC I WILL PERSONALLY REFUND THAT MONEY MYSELF......

Well done winno - i have taken my daughter to watch falmouth a few times and they have charged her and she was 4 at the time. All she wants to do is run around,play on her ds or bug me to buy her sweets. Surly the clubs should realise that sometimes a aprent has got to bring their youngsters with them - if not they are going to lose even more paying followers.

Guest Peppermint

Great gesture Winno. Nephew is quite correct that some people have to bring very young children with them or else they would not be able to watch football on ocasions.

The world of football does not have to make a charge for young children - and in contrast there are a lot of County Officials etc that get in free of charge. It is usual that the League or County that dictates what charges etc are made when a football club hosts a County match or league final.

i was told it was a league thing,the guy on the gate told me so.i was charged 4 my boy who is 9 years old,he played with the other kids through out the whole game on the little pitch behind the main one.the kids looked better players than those on the main pitch.lol

And the guy on the gate will have been under instruction from JOHN ROBERTS of the Combo league, supporter of his hometown club and the one down the roadf, thus the perplexing sameness of venues for cup gamers and destiny of bar money.......

When is the old Orc going to make his big shift to ruin the Falmouth and Helston League instead ? I think we should be told !!

Guest AlanB

Helston don't charge young children for watching games and, when I watched the semi at Helston between Mawnan and Mawgan the gate was manned by CCFA personnel (as I was told 'cos I didn't recpgnise them!), so I can't believe it was Helston officials who did this.