Cornwall Football Forum

Falmouth Town Manager

Guest Roger

Guest Roger

Having recently been to watch falmouths last 3 home games Torpoint, Witheridge and Saltash I have not seen Town manager Steve Massey at any of these three games. Can anyone tell me why? Has he resigned and if so is his stuart back in the hotseat? or is he simply taking a break and if so is it because falmouth's chances of winning the league fell sooo short that he gave up????

Guest Roger

Dave Leonard is coming to Falmouth. that would mean the end for steve massey then surely? Also cant see Mr Leonard keeping stuart massey in the management as he struggled with the responsibility of manager at the start of the season and only stayed there because of his brother. Thought Dave Leonard would look to push on after his success at truro. surely coming to falmouth would be consiudered a step back

Guest Roger

I guess he decided to lay low after a poor run of results. A strong character no doubt leaving a sinking ship,

bet he would have been there if we were sitting pretty, dunno if he is the right choice for town, although with dave leonard rumoured to be coming in that will lead steve to the exit

Roger,think about it my friend....who do you think will be paying for the x Truo manager and all the stars he brings with him Falmouth Town ? dont think so mate Massey will be footing the bill or Mr Leonard would not be going there.

I guess he decided to lay low after a poor run of results. A strong character no doubt leaving a sinking ship, bet he would have been there if we were sitting pretty

You're slightly off the mark Roger. All being well, if Steve is going to be at the match, I can get to speak to him on my half-hour Radio Cornwall slot and he might just touch on why he hasn't been at some of the more recent games. :D

Guest john

if Massey was not manager next season i would still like to see him as director of football providing he had a working relationship with a new manager. I think he has alot to offer but maybe i would like to Dave Lennard as manager. But i think that would depend on how ambitious the club is. I am sure a manager of his calibre would need a major target not just staying in the south west peninsula league or western premier.

Whos knows maybe a new manager would be the way forward with Mr. Massey in the backroom staff.

Guest Peppermint

It is really the silly seaon regarding managers and possible new managers at clubs for next season.

In my travels around the football scene inthe County I have heard of at least three destinations that Dave Leonard is supposedly going to next season. If the y are all true then he certainly wil be a busy man.

Iam sure whoever he manages they will have an excelent manager with a proven track record.

Will Falmouth Town have the financial clout to finance ambitious plans for promotion up throughthe pyramid.

Interesting times ahead.

Well it had to come sometime, the Hawks amongst you, have decided that for the time being we have finished with Truro so let's have a go at Falmouth.

you all seem to think that you have the know how why Steve Massey has not been at Falmouth's games.

Why done you all instead of running done Massey & for some of you Falmouth town, Write to Steve Massey C/o Falmouth town Football club & get what you are after by asking him what is his future at Falmouth.

He will I hope tell you all to P--- Off. :SM_carton::SM_carton:

Hammers :c::c: :c:

Dave,

No I do not think he would use those words but He may well think it

I am sure that your interview with him will give us the answer,

But I do get fed up with a few of the People on this forum who are only happy when they can knock & run down other clubs, or Managers, but are very quick to have upset at anybody who dares to have a go at whatever club they support,

I believe very much that there is always two sides to a story, and the truth in the middle,

So to get the truth when people want to make comments about a manager of any club, for whatever reason, instead of making these unhelpful remarks write, or ask, or go to the person & make your remarks to their face,

I would take a safe bet that very few of you would be brave enough to do it,

before you shoot me down yes this forum is for comments, but I would ask that before you make them get your facts right,

Have a good interview Dave & I look forward to your Comments on this Forum

Hammers

Guest Postie Pidge

Listening to the radio, Steve feels he has failed at Town - after last season I think this has been a fairly good season. We have challenged, although fallen away in recent weeks. We have taken four points off the champions and a top 6 finish is pretty much guaranteed - maybe even fourth if results go our way. I'd like to see Steve back next season as manager but at the end of the day it will be his decision.

By the way, there was a spectator at Kimberley Stadium today whose initials are DL.......

DL was also at the recent Bodmin v Saltash midweek game! Does this mean he's actually going to be the new manager at Saltash. Hee hee!!! :D

With regard to Steve's thoughts about next season - unusually indecisive for once I thought.

Also had it suggested to me this afternoon that brother Stuart is packing in at the end of the season. Any comments on this one Postie Pidge?

Guest Postie Pidge

Also had it suggested to me this afternoon that brother Stuart is packing in at the end of the season. Any comments on this one Postie Pidge?

That's the first I have heard of this

I don't know that anything is guaranteed in football these days - Dave will have had first-hand knowledge of that recently!

Unfortunately for Town, they have never produced the football, and more importantly, the results to look like mounting a serious title challenge, despite having without doubt one of the strongest squads in the league.

It's suggested DL couldn't work with Webby at Truro, how about him and Mass become a new "wonder-team"?

Something needs to be done at Bickland, after all, Falmouth are increasingly becoming the forgotten giants of Cornish football.

Guest Postie Pidge

There was a time when teams went to Falmouth, the result was never in doubt and it was usually a case of how many Falmouth would win by. Those days are sadly now gone and FTFC aren't the force they once were but a top 6 finish in the inaugural season of the SWPL. Thats a decent enough start and we'll bounce back.

Guest john

would love to see a massey and lennard wonder team. maybe i am dreaming! I think Stuart Massey is a good coach but not sure as a manager.

Guest Roger

Interesting debate but I don't believe steve massey will allow someone the job alone i feel he needs to provide an input and will not just throw his money into somehting to get no reward. He hasnt got the patience by all accounts to allow soemone to build a squad. He took over from stuart massey realy in the season after a poor run of results. What will happen when Dave Leonard is in charge and poor results happen next year

I think Stuart Massey is a good coach but not sure as a manager

Also john in what way is stuart massey a good coach?? falmouth have looked pretty poor defensively all season and by all accounts it doesnt look as if the situation has been worked on in training. so can you really suggest that he is a good coach??

Guest john

yeah fair point Roger. Who would you like to see as manager next season except Dave Lennard? i hear there are a few players looking to take the jump from playing into management, who could they be?

I think town are desperate for success now. the last title was in 2000. Alone long time ago. I think there is alot of uncertainty at the moment. Massey sounded indecisive about the future.

Guest Postie Pidge

falmouth have looked pretty poor defensively all season

They may have looked pretty poor defensively but they have the third best record in the league

I do not agree Roger,

Town in fact have had a good Defence where they have lacked is in attack, the have had generally a poor front line Bearing in mind that Langmead was out injured for a long time, But since he has been back & Gardener has come along, they have improved,

But please just because Town have had a mixed season do not write them off, Just look at Fulham Bolton, written off as bound to go down, People expect so much of Falmouth because of their history, but every club has a bad run from time to time, but I am sure that Falmouth will bounce back.

Hammer :thumbsup::yahoo::clapper::c: :c:

Guest Roger

Hammer i must ask the question how have they improved? Ok they havent been beaten in games recently but how many have they won and how many clean sheets? wots there record against the big teams this year cant be great. I think people like ian stephens (torpoint) , lee cooper (Vospers????), paul smith (Launceston) would be good appointments as new manager. they have all played the game and have good understanding for it.