Cornwall Football Forum

ARGYLES RELEASED LIST

Highly unlikely, I wouldn't have thought any of them would fancy part time football at that level.

Torquay United will fancy Wotton and I cant see him going to far. The rest will probably leave the area.

Guest plainmoor

I doubt it, they'd all have to take a part time job seeing as there are no full time contracts next season, came just see Nalis selling ice cream on lemon quay!

Now is that Jake Moull or Jake Moult?

St Darren,

On the Truro forum we were talking about Wotton - Not the other players mentioned above.

so you said that wotton wouldnt be a step in right direction???? surely even after his terrible injury he would still be truros best player and a great leader for the club! :clapper:

I don't think anyone was suggesting that Wotton wouldn't be great for the club - its just that one or two comments were saying he was 'head & shoulders' above other players already at the club and I didn't agree with that - I believe players like Jake Ash, Joe Broad & Marcus Martin are every bit as good as Wotton.

There is another thread doing the 'rounds' saying that Wotton has already signed for City - I am not ready to believe that one yet - I think he is more likely to go to a League 1,2 or Blue Square club.

I don't think anyone was suggesting that Wotton wouldn't be great for the club - its just that one or two comments were saying he was 'head & shoulders' above other players already at the club and I didn't agree with that - I believe players like Jake Ash, Joe Broad & Marcus Martin are every bit as good as Wotton.

There is another thread doing the 'rounds' saying that Wotton has already signed for City - I am not ready to believe that one yet - I think he is more likely to go to a League 1,2 or Blue Square club.

im sorry but wotton is a far better player then martin ash and broad i cant even beleive people ae comparing them :wacko:

EVERY BIT AS GOOD AS PAUL WOTTON. WHAT UTTER CRAP. NOTA DIG BUT THEY AINT IN THE SAME LEAGUE..........

thank you winno

im not a truro fan but i like to see them do well, but honestly some people are living in a dream land if thats what they really think :huh:

It is unfortunate for Wotton because he lived and breathed Argyle. Unfortunately he reached his best at Division 1, the championship has been a standard to far. Thats not to say he cant cut it with a good Division 1 or 2 side. If Torquay win through to Division 2 in the play offs then I would expect him to join them. If not then Yeovil Town is reasonably close to home. I just cant see him going to far from home.

Guest jumpersforgoalposts

heaney owns a company called cornish homes, unless he is selling the houses he has no cash...why do you think there has been a stop to the full time players at Truro?...maybe it has something to do with the dip in the housing market and the cash may not be rolling in as he's used to. As for the ex argyle players, maybe they are released from them but they can still do more than a job at other league clubs! As for comparing them to Truro players....well there is a reason they never got to the big time, you can make all the excuses you like, there is good and then there is excellent!

TMSno9, you will find that I didn't say that. I said that according to some Truro supporters, he wouldn't be a step in the right direction. I've said that he would be by far a better standard than what is at Truro at the moment.

There were quotes saying that, Wills Martin and Broad could have done what Wotton has done in the last 3 years!!

I heard Wotton was going to QPR.

Of the others, I could see Hodges going to Torquay or Exeter.....Getting on a bit to be moving home again at his age.

Chadwick will probably head up north to a league 1 or 2 side in the North west once he's proved his fitness, as will Connolly (??)

Nalis I can see going back to France and the others will be playing outside the football lrague somewhere like Weymouth, etc