Cornwall Football Forum

mining 1?

Guest danny-efc-pafc

Guest danny-efc-pafc

could anyone tell me how many teams are gettin relegated from mining league 1 this season?

as i have heard 1 team then get told its two and so on so could any1 enlighten me on whats going on?

Danny

Being in the precarious position like yourselves I spoke to George osborne last week and he informed me that it was definitley 2 teams to be relegated regardless of what happens with Portreath being promoted and that 2 would come up or maybe 3 from mining2.

St Just tonight for us and then the nightmare of facing portreath and trevenson in our following 2 games with the last game against Spice on the 10th may.

On another note it's sad to see that next year the mining league will not be sponsered by one and all sports due to them ceasing trading this weekend. I've bought many a pair of (black!!) footie boots off them at a good price and it will be yet another nail in the coffin of the so called shopping area of redruth!!!

Guest meady

Portreath are waiting for a decision from the league whether we keep a team in Mining One. In the past it been ruled that it's the club that is promoted not the team. Hope to hear something soon.

Mining 1

Holmans 3rds 1v4 St Just

Nightmare result!!! End of season fixture pile up beginning to take its toll as we looked pretty sluggish all over the pitch.

0-0 at half time and the game was finely balanced however a dubious 1st goal from St Just which looked offside and a freak punt that went in meant that we had to push forward and commit players which left us quite exposed at the back and i'm sure St Just would agree the scoreline flattered them!

However the bottom line is that the Holmans 3rds last game at home this season could very well be their last in mining division 1 as it's going to take a minor miracle to get the points reqd from the 3 difficult fixtures against Trevenson, Portreath and Spice which are all away from Blaythorne .

Guest Sullivan

Portreath are waiting for a decision from the league whether we keep a team in Mining One. In the past it been ruled that it's the club that is promoted not the team. Hope to hear something soon.

Would you want to go up 2 leagues next season though? Do you think your boys could handle the jump (no disrespect) because you boys are sitting 5th in Mining 3 at the mo. Would it be a good thing for Mining 1 and Portreath 2nds? I don't think it would benefit your club.

Would you want to go up 2 leagues next season though? Do you think your boys could handle the jump (no disrespect) because you boys are sitting 5th in Mining 3 at the mo. Would it be a good thing for Mining 1 and Portreath 2nds? I don't think it would benefit your club.

i see your point sullivan . and if portreath started mining one next season with the same group of players the 2nd team have now i would agree with you . but you could turn it around and say if the first team get a influx of quality players who want to play senior football and then some of the older boys in the first this season drop down and play for the seconds who knows .

To be fair i think there would be alot of chopping and changing if Portreath Reserves went to Mining 1. Alot of new faces would have to come in, in order to achieve anything in Mining 1. Currently a decent Mining 3 outfit but Mining 1 is a much more difficult league and i could see them really struggling if changes arent made.

However, Portreath are a well run club, and i can see the right players joining both teams next season and both teams having good seasons in their respective divisions. Portreath Reserves will do fine in Mining One i reckon and it would be good for the club. :c:

Guest danny-efc-pafc

our result wasnt posted in the cornishman this week, we got beat 8-1 by illogan if u want to update it? just thought id let you know!

Guest meady

Hi Knack, i have been informed by the league that Portreath 1st have been awarded the 3 points for the st just game. That now 24 games 68 pts. many thanks.