Cornwall Football Forum

Scarff leaves Tavistock

23 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

I notice Taylor scarff has suddenly departed Tavistock. Bit odd with only few weeks season left. What gone on there ? 

Believe he has aspirations to play higher, but it does seem strange departing with only 10 days left in the season. Beyond Tavi picking him up from Mount Gould, and playing internationally for the British Virgin Islands, I know little about him. Is he Truro City quality for example?

3 minutes ago, Ian Pethick said:

Believe he has aspirations to play higher, but it does seem strange departing with only 10 days left in the season. Beyond Tavi picking him up from Mount Gould, and playing internationally for the British Virgin Islands, I know little about him. Is he Truro City quality for example?

Just seems odd. Must be a falling out.  Tavi struggling with injuries badly to up and leave them in it with a few weeks season left. Not great. 

In Saturday’s game, Taylor had to be taken off early after being booked and continuing to get into conflict with opposition players. He was on a final warning. The manager was clearly not impressed at the unprofessional behaviour and referred to it in his post match interview. He has been sent off at least once this season for violent conduct. I suspect this may be the root of the issue. It is unusual for Tavi to mention departing players so clearly wanted to make a public statement.

I would say he is a rough diamond - good in the air and on the ball but distribution can sometimes be shocking and not always great positionally. Needs to control temper if  he is to fulfill potential. Be interesting to see where he ends up next season.

11 hours ago, Ian Pethick said:

No, not as good as those already on the books at Truro - Step 3 at Parkway, maybe. A solid step 4 player. Like a rock at the  back at his best with Tavi.  His next move will be interesting. Not seeing the season out at Langsford Park with only a couple of weeks left of the season  isn’t a good look. 

12 hours ago, Ian Pethick said:

He has some quality as an old school defender, good in the air and mobile across the ground. Not as good on the ball as he thinks he is and not someone who'd slot in for Truro. Parkway may be an option and I beleive some Step 3 clubs were sniffing this season. The biggest problem is attitude, years playing for a pub team then stepping up but clearly can't control his emotions. By the looks of it he's been kicked out of the door. I saw his post about playing higher which can't happen this year now, will he turn out for a Step 6 side for the remainding games (if he is signed) or go back to pub football. Agree with @Both Sides of the Tamar, it's a bad look leaving now. Even more so when you consider what Henderson took to Mousehole last night with players from Bodmin, Millbrook and Fowles back from Saltash.

1 hour ago, Triggs60 said:

He has some quality as an old school defender, good in the air and mobile across the ground. Not as good on the ball as he thinks he is and not someone who'd slot in for Truro. Parkway may be an option and I beleive some Step 3 clubs were sniffing this season. The biggest problem is attitude, years playing for a pub team then stepping up but clearly can't control his emotions. By the looks of it he's been kicked out of the door. I saw his post about playing higher which can't happen this year now, will he turn out for a Step 6 side for the remainding games (if he is signed) or go back to pub football. Agree with @Both Sides of the Tamar, it's a bad look leaving now. Even more so when you consider what Henderson took to Mousehole last night with players from Bodmin, Millbrook and Fowles back from Saltash.

Indeed, hot-headed and picks up a fair few cards too.