Cornwall Football Forum

Hayle vets V St Agnes

Hayle vets 3-2 St Agnes A

The first half we were easily on top and missed lots of chances didnt take advantage of all the possesion we had to finnish game off in first half. And went in 2 up half time Rappo getting both goals quality strikes both of them.

That old saying in football A GAME OF TWO HALVES was never truer than the second half today, St Agnes came back into the game and scored two goals to get level, and had another couple chances that could have put them ahead, but it was us who got the winning goal a good cross from Paul Birch headed towards goal by Dave Cooper, the keeper made good save, but Rappo was on HAND no sorry this time it was on LEFT TIT to complete another hat-trick, and get what was to be the winning goal.

AS HE DESCRIBED THEM LEFT FOOT RIGHT FOOT LEFT TIT :drink::drink::drink::drink::drink:

Some strikers are happy to be called goal a game striker, with him its three a game striker.

Appoliges to all was rushing out when done report new soon as i logged out i done mistake and no time to correct it i beleive it was Rupert who scored just before halftime to give Aggie the lift for second half and was 2-1 halftime.

Good luck to Aggie rest of season accept when we meet in cup final :lol::lol::lol:

Good report Follower and unlike mine facts all corret was good game to play in and always good when you can have banter with ref.

Which position were you Cap'n?

Weeman acknowledged that Aggie gave a good account of themselves yesterday and i have to say that there was a period of the game in the second half(playing up the slope) that you were in the driving seat and creating the goalscoring chances.

I hope that the final in a couple of weeks is equally as good and fairly fought.Good luck to both teams.

nig,can i just say what an excellent game you had on sunday.it makes such a difference to have a ref you can talk to and treats you like an adult and wont blow his whistle unless he needs to!! i know it was probably an easy game for you to ref because both teams played it in good spirit,but your manner and calmness rubbed off on both sets of players and it was a really enjoyable game to play in because of this.i know it is a very hard job to do,but i feel all the best refs you dont even notice until after the game! i think a degree of common sense is needed sometimes instead of letter of the law.it makes the game so much more pleasurable as a player when you have a ref such as yourself.thanks again nig 11/10!!! well done aggie as well,great bunch of lads.WEEMAN! nice to beat the huns tonight mate!!!!! big jan 93rd min!! tony said it was mental atmosphere inside paradise mate!! see you sunday al.x :yahoo:

Didnt think we were going to do it mate gives next game bit of intrest, was delighted see goal go in Tony must have had good time we played quite well.

Not playing Sunday mate saving myself for super vets game on Monday(thats a lie legs cant do two games in two days anymore, struggle with one ha ha) :lol::lol::lol: :lol:

Thanks for the compliments Mark.

As you said it was an easy game to referee because the players were on best behaviour which makes it all the more enjoyable.No backchat from experienced players and the game moves on.

Hope that the final is equally as good a game as last Sunday's.

Also nice to see that you are taking your lad along to Chacewater to play in the junior set up,hope he'll come up through and play for the village in the future.