Cornwall Football Forum

Relegation in the west? Is there any?

Three have applied I believe and there are currently 3 spaces. Assuming the league champions take promotion and whoever finishes bottom in the western league there will still be 3 spaces if nobody gets relegated.

It would be good to see a full compliment of 20 teams although the downside would be fitting the games in if we have the same issue with the weather in future seasons.

NLS Regs 5.2:

Step 6 and relegation
At the end of the Regular Season the Clubs in the bottom three positions of each of the seventeen Step 6 divisions will be liable to relegation. The final number of Clubs to be relegated will be confirmed once promotion candidates from Feeder Leagues and any vacancies are known. If reprieves are required the Clubs third from bottom will be ranked on a points per match basis (then goal difference, then goals scored if required) - the Club(s) with the best points per match will be reprieved. If all third from bottom Clubs are reprieved, and a further reprieve(s) is required, the same process will apply for Clubs in second from bottom (and so on).

Sounds simple but can get complicated with sideward moves, withdrawals etc.  St Dennis are only 1 point shy of last season's total which was enough to save them but I believe they were classed as second bottom in last seasons calculations.

Only 1 of the 3 promotion candidates can be promoted from St Piran.

There are more than a few weeks left yet before Phil et al need to worry about it and I'm sure he'll be expressing his view to the FA.