Cornwall Football Forum

Find out who is the best

Guest mariner

Guest mariner

After reading some posts regarding the arguments surrounding fal hel1 and mining 1 is it poss at the end of this season or next to have a game with the winners of each league to decide whom is the strongest :

or am i to late in bringing this forward as i am new to this site :wacko:

this as been brought up before mariner . people have suggested the top teams play off . personally i would like to see the select sides play each other at the end of the season . i agree that cup games cant decide whos best but portreath did beat helston st. keverne and mawnan on the way to winning the junior cup

i know mate ,what is the point in even posting something like that?????

what you like hey pidge!

The point of the post was that Mariner was saying that in the cup a team can just get lucky. So Pidge just pointed out that in a one off game a team can also be just as lucky. Mariner clearly knew what was being said because of his response to Pidges comment.

You on the wind up again Speedy?? ;)

sorry sir i forgot you was watching!!!!!!!!hahahah

i understood his comments they were amazing

you writing another poem???? hahahahah

You'll never be special enough to deserve two poems in your honour Speedy. Though there are many differing variations when a person is described as "special".

Guest Postie Pidge

Thank you Coopsie! I think Portreath would be the team to claim the bragging rights. What about trying to arrange a pre season friendly?

haha yeah aint pidge got a "d" in it brains???

it looks all that head scratching when your thinking of comebacks for me has took its toll m8!!!

hahahha

Yes, it also has, and a "p" and an "i" and a "g" and an "e".. See, I can do it if I really apply myself. Can you say the same of yourself young Speedy?. ;)

the thing is portreath are far better then any other mining team so just playing the winners of the 2 leagues wouldnt really be a fair reflection on which league is better.i personally think if you had the 11 best players from either league mining would win purely because it would be made up of nearly all portreaths players who are far to good for junior football

but like i said thats just my opinion

Slang??.. Could your English teacher not afford a set of clippers then Speedy?. They're really good. My lack of hair is purely optional, however I am jealous of your teacher for being funny though. :( ..

Maybe if I pay just a bit more attention to your posts, I will develop a sense of humour that could eventually match your unequalled comedic talents?.

Guest Clancy Von-Heffenburger

like whirlwind said- porteath are probably one of the best junior teams in the world let alone local cornish football!!!

this as been brought up before mariner . people have suggested the top teams play off . personally i would like to see the select sides play each other at the end of the season . i agree that cup games cant decide whos best but portreath did beat helston st. keverne and mawnan on the way to winning the junior cup

Not only did Portreath beat these teams, they beat a good side from the Duchy league. I would have to say that I think they would probably beat any team in the Fal/Hel league. The same for the Mining League. Credit to them they are a bloody good side!

Guest mariner

portrath players might not get paid but i heard from a very trustworthy sorse from st day that if u play for portreath u can have allsorts of things done to your car, ie mot and repairs PIMP MY RIDE plus jake harvey is far to good for any defender in that league

sorry spellcheck SOURCE

portrath players might not get paid but i heard from a very trustworthy sorse from st day that if u play for portreath u can have allsorts of things done to your car, ie mot and repairs PIMP MY RIDE plus jake harvey is far to good for any defender in that league

sorry spellcheck SOURCE

first of all mariner we all know there are no trustworthy people in st day

and secondly do you know every defender in the mining league .

plus jake harvey is far to good for any defender in that league

So why did the mighty Portreath need up until the 28th minute of extra time to score 1 goal past relegation threatened Gulval in the junior cup?. Fair enough that Portreath are a class outfit BUT statements like that will just alienate the club and leave them bereft of respect from opposing managers and players.

People/players such as treasure parks no 1 are good people who have done their fair share for the club and remarks such as the one about Jake Harvey just undo so much of the good work that people have put in to get Portreath where they are today.

Just enjoy your success with a little humility, get on with what's going on at the club and let your football and results dictate what people and players think of you.

All the best in the future.

think you will find that portreath did not play gulval in the junior cup.

and we did beat gulval in every game this season i think.

jake harvey is a good player thats why he has played senior football this year

Is Jake a one-man-band?

Bet his team mates are so proud eh Rob? Hehe

Gulval 0 Portreath 1 (AET)... Which cup was that result in then please?

Who has said that Jake Harvey is not a good player?.

Who has said that Jake Harvey is not a dood player?.

What exactly is the definition of a 'dood' player?!

Who has said that Jake Harvey is not a dood player?.

What exactly is the definition of a 'dood' player?!

That's a fair cop. I now know that it's probably best not to try typing and feeding a baby at the same time. Nice to know that I have the spelling police checking up on me though because it is clear from all my previous posts that this is a real achilles heel for me.

plus jake harvey is far to good for any defender in that league

So why did the mighty Portreath need up until the 28th minute of extra time to score 1 goal past relegation threatened Gulval in the junior cup?. Fair enough that Portreath are a class outfit BUT statements like that will just alienate the club and leave them bereft of respect from opposing managers and players.

People/players such as treasure parks no 1 are good people who have done their fair share for the club and remarks such as the one about Jake Harvey just undo so much of the good work that people have put in to get Portreath where they are today.

Just enjoy your success with a little humility, get on with what's going on at the club and let your football and results dictate what people and players think of you.

All the best in the future.

coopsie my friend you seem a little bit confused portreath beat gulval in the arthur pearce cup and jake harvey does not play for portreath . hope that helps

thanks for the compliment mariner but im not too good for any defender in the league.

i wish i was mate!and athletic have got lots of good players just like lots of the other top fal/hel teams

not doubting portreath arent the best side in junior football at the minute,jus saying there are lots of good players spread throughout our league whereas maybe your league is a bit more onesided??

Guest artificiosus

i think portreth are the best team in junior football.

i also think they will win the mining league undeafeted

but if they were in fal/hel 1 i think they would win the league but i think they would lose a game here and there.

portreth are county champions and they played mawnan st keverne and st dominink to be so.