Cornwall Football Forum

Torridgeside 1 - 3 Launceston

Another good performance from this young Launceston team. Neil and the coaching staff are putting a real good team together for this season, they have kept most of the team from last year and have added a few astute signings. 2 trialists today settled well and look like they will be good additions. 

The first half was a good tight affair with both teams playing some good football. Both teams had some good chances but they came to nothing and the girst half ended goaless.

Launceston started the second half well but then conceded from a sloppy corner, this sparked something and from that moment Launceston dominated.

A good corner was met by Trialist A who headed home at the far post. The second came from another corner which again was met by the head of Trialist A but this time it was hooked home by the young lad Elliot. The final goal came after a great run by the impressive Fothergill who cut the ball back to Elvidge to tap home.

I keep hearing the phrase ‘fast improving’  used for Lanson.  Neil Price is doing a good job on a minuscule budget. Let’s not get carried away. T-side are one of the weakest west sides and a few days ago Lanson lost at home to Plymstock. I can’t see anything other than bottom four placing again, even in a pretty weak Wesr division. I would, of course, love to be proved wrong!

1 hour ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

I keep hearing the phrase ‘fast improving’  used for Lanson.  Neil Price is doing a good job on a minuscule budget. Let’s not get carried away. T-side are one of the weakest west sides and a few days ago Lanson lost at home to Plymstock. I can’t see anything other than bottom four placing again, even in a pretty weak Wesr division. I would, of course, love to be proved wrong!

Get your point but Plymstock are no pushovers. I haven’t watched Lanson but we do have them in a friendly soon. We played Plymstock in the week and they’re an established, experienced and strong step 7 side in the Devon equivalent of St Piran Prem. They’d give at least half of the SWL West division a battle, so I’m sure Lanson’s young squad will have taken a lot from the friendly.