Cornwall Football Forum

Saturday 15th April

Roche 0 St.Blazey 4.

A defensive mistake for Blazey first goal.  One nil half time .

Blazey second come just after half time . Roche then had numerous chances twice hitting  the woodwork just one of them days , before 2 very  late goals when Roche chasing the game. Nothing between the two sides all about taking your chances. Some good young players on both sides. 

4 hours ago, LeeRicks9 said:

Foxhole 3-0 torpoint

cam Bidgood ️ 

cowboy

what we deserved. Dominated from the start.  What we needed after Sundays disappointment. 

cam Bidgood and Tim peers at right back, the foxes stand out players. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Fair result mate. Thought you’ve missed out Cowboy for a special mention. From where I stood his assist for the 1st goal was so good. And his composure for the 2nd was even better. Not ECPL level.  Up til those points we had defended well but not provided too much up the other end. A younger forward line and plenty of lessons learned. Thought our 16yr old RB did a sterling job against Cam Bidgood today. Will do my usual write up tomorrow. 

Foxhole Stars 3 - 0 Torpoint Athletic

Lineup: Jackson, Bark, Pearce, WhiteJ, Hussey, Brown, WhiteS, Northcott, Easterbrook, Warren, Rio Driver.

Subs: Rowe, Bartolini, Ross, Quintrell.

A result reversal of the previous weekend. With our midweek fixture vs Liskeard Res postponed it meant back to back fixtures against the champions elect, where we've both come out with 1 victory each, arguably for each's priority fixture.

As expected, Foxhole were far more motivated willing to avenge our cup victory last Sunday, and they meant business. Though I thought we defended really well for long periods, admittedly we had to do a lot of it. Foxhole dominated proceedings down the slope for the opening 20-25mins with lots of pressure and the big threat from inswinging corners from Bidgood and Doodles. Smartly they did their best to drag Pearce out of the mixer but he cottoned on and for the most part we did defend well. Jackson was brought into a couple of smart saves down low and were cleared. It wasn't until 25-30mins that we eventually grew into the game ourselves, albeit briefly, when Warren showed nice feet to beat Damerell at left back before sending in a low cross which was eventually cleared. We then had a 5-10 minute spell where we were better and had some possession, but then approx 35mins the deadlock was broken by Bidgood. With Bould arriving late to the ground, the Foxes lineup was changed from the team sheet and Cowboy Rowe started through the middle, and it was his hold up play that was key to their first goal. With his back to goal and a slight turn, he played a superb reverse pass in behind Hussey for Bidgood to drive a lot shot to Jackson's left which he saved well, but Bidgood was there again to tuck away the rebound. A deserved 1-0 HT lead.

Not discouraged at all by the score line, we knew we were capable of far more in possession and we had the slope in our favour. We were better in the 2nd half, with young Rio Driver in particular improving his hold up play throughout the game and was tireless as a solo front man in closing Angel and Ricks' long balls out when he could. At 70mins I had lined up a change to impose a bit more of a threat and go for it a little, but as we prepared that change, a long ball by Angel was on the money and Cowboy again showed his ability. Through on goal and with his leg cocked back 14yards out, Pearce had no choice but to dive in in an attempt to block the shot, but was sent for a huge hot dog by Cowboy's dummy, who stopped the ball dead and then slotted the ball calmly under the onrushing Jackson for 2-0 at a crucial time. Real classy finish I had to admit. Gutted as again we had defended well throughout the half. Less than 2mins later it was game over. With a packed box the ball fell kindly again to the man in form and through a crowded box of gold shirts Cowboy smashed the ball through a small gap and low into the corner. I imagine Jackson was unsighted but I had a good view of it and again a good finish. Though not deflated by our performance, it was game over for the tie. There was still more time for Foxhole to turn the screw with the introduced Bould placing his side footed chance massively wide from a low centre from the left when well placed. 3-0 FT.

Though the score line is a blow, both Foxhole deserved it and I thought we defended well again just like we did the week before. Still some positives to take with Quintrell getting his first minutes since early July '22 when he badly injured his knee in only our 2nd pre season friendly, Rio Driver had a lesson from two experienced centre halves which he will have learned a lot from, and again Bark, Pearce and Brown defended well throughout. Bark in particular had a really interesting battle throughout the game vs Bidgood, probably one of the best players technically in the league. An ongoing battle throughout the match and was good to see Bark consistently good with his decision making, footwork and bite when needed against a top player. Negative is Easterbrook going off injured. Fixtures wise we now turn our attention to Wednesday where we host St Stephen at The Mill.