Cornwall Football Forum

2 hours ago, Footy follower said:

So the way to get more players is to stop paying them? 

That doesn't make a lot of sense

Imagine that all clubs make a pact to stop paying players you are then left with hundreds of footballers across the county that will throw their toys out of their pram and stop playing for a week or two then they'll miss football and go and play for a team where they don't get paid they may even be one loyal players they certainly aren't going to travel anywhere because no-one wants to do that but you'll then start getting players like rappo said on the podcast that will just be bought a few beers after the game like it used to be. I cringe when I go to games in SWPL and Western League and find out how much some of these players are on but the clubs are willing to pay them

40 minutes ago, BrummyBarry said:

Imagine that all clubs make a pact to stop paying players you are then left with hundreds of footballers across the county that will throw their toys out of their pram and stop playing for a week or two then they'll miss football and go and play for a team where they don't get paid they may even be one loyal players they certainly aren't going to travel anywhere because no-one wants to do that but you'll then start getting players like rappo said on the podcast that will just be bought a few beers after the game like it used to be. I cringe when I go to games in SWPL and Western League and find out how much some of these players are on but the clubs are willing to pay them

BUT no one(or not many) will travel around to away matches if they aren't getting paid. 

I agree that a lot of these players aren't worth the money but that's the price you have to pay to be in that standard/distance of league

8 minutes ago, Footy follower said:

BUT no one(or not many) will travel around to away matches if they aren't getting paid. 

I agree that a lot of these players aren't worth the money but that's the price you have to pay to be in that standard/distance of league

I get that,It's just a shame because we'd get loyal and commited players back