Cornwall Football Forum

County Under 18 Knockout Cup Final

Guest Tractorboy

Good luck to the Bude Boys!!!, it would be nice to think that a team from Cornwall would win the County Cup and not a bunch of lads from Plymouth whose only link with Cornwall is that they play on the Millbrook pitch!! :c: :c:

Guest keano

why does it matter where ther from ??? they play for millbrook which is 10 minutes from plymouth with a bit of water in between . When they need to fight they fight for each other and the club , anyone who was at truro will have seen that . What i dont understand is why you feel the need to come on the internet and try to stir up some ill feeling 4/5 weeks before a ball is kicked. Are you that worried about us ????????

Sometimes you get teams that win alot of games but are cocky with it , you dont get that with us we just do are talking on the pitch .

now off you pop , feed your boys some steak ,because they looked like they could do with beefing up a bit.

Good luck to the Bude Boys!!!, it would be nice to think that a team from Cornwall would win the County Cup and not a bunch of lads from Plymouth whose only link with Cornwall is that they play on the Millbrook pitch!! :c::c:

[/quo i agree good luck bude do it for cornwall in OUR counties cup!!! :c: :yahoo:

Guest Tractorboy

KEANO! Of course it matters where your lads are from! Its too easy to cherry pick the elite boys who didnt make it at Plymouth Argyle put them together and expect to win trophies!

Bude and many other teams in Cornwall pride themselves in their Youth Development and I personally would love to see a team of players who have been together from mini soccer through to Senior Football win a trophy rather than a bunch of one season wonders!! :c::c: :smiley20:

Guest keano

KEANO! Of course it matters where your lads are from! Its too easy to cherry pick the elite boys who didnt make it at Plymouth Argyle put them together and expect to win trophies!

Bude and many other teams in Cornwall pride themselves in their Youth Development and I personally would love to see a team of players who have been together from mini soccer through to Senior Football win a trophy rather than a bunch of one season wonders!!

yeah and after watching bude i think some of the players should still be playing mini soccer !!!!

One season wonders ??? we will see but pick up a paper next season and have a look at the names of the millbrook first team ?? im sure you will see the majority of which will come from the youth team of this season. We also have not picked the players and just send them out on the pitch , we play very good football and that has taken alot of practice in training to drill a passing style into this team ,

hasnt this argument been going on now for years and years in cornwall ??? if the compitions were of a good enough standard you wouldnt need us plymouth players would you .

enjoy your day out at the final thats if your going !

Guest Tractorboy

Strong talk Keano wonder if the Millbrook first team manager is aware that his team is going to be replaced by the Youth team!!??

:blink:

Guest keano

how is it strong talk ???????

didnt say that did i , im saying i have total confidence that my players will not be ignored and they will be played in the first team.

yeah and after watching bude i think some of the players should still be playing mini soccer !!!!

Totally disrespectful. You really are a one!!!!!

One season wonders ??? we will see but pick up a paper next season and have a look at the names of the millbrook first team ??

And if those players are so good.........

1. does Mark want them

2. Will their loyalty(!!!) to Millbrook stop them turning down approaches from Bodmin/Falmouth et all for £x

Get on TractorBoy. All the best to Bude :thumbsup:

so its nto ok for a cornish area who have plymouth palyers to enter the cornwall cup even thoughthe area is still cornish. but it was ok when your good ol polkerris and torpoint and southgate entered the u16s league last year to play better football??

now the shoes on the other foot

I'm currently managing Bere Alston United in the ECPL Div One and last Saturday Bude Town put in a fair few of their U18 side against us and came away with a creditable 2-2 draw, albeit with an equaliser in the last minute.

Although we should have won comfortably given the amount of chances we missed Bude equipped themselves very well and played some very neat football on a very windy afternoon.

The one thing that stood out was the way they stood up to the physical side of the game.

Having previously managed Woolwell U18's and played against Millbrook three times, I would say that Bude have every chance of winning the Cup and Millbrook may not be the odds on favourites everyone makes them out to be.

Sure they have a strong midfield and in Lewis Young have one of the brightest strikers at this level, but if Bude can put any sort of pressure on Ryan Hammond and Matt Bettison at the back they may cause an upset.

As for Millbrook's U18's forcing their way into the SWPL side next season, I thought that their better players already played for Parkway Reserves ??

Guest keano

Having previously managed Woolwell U18's and played against Millbrook three times, I would say that Bude have every chance of winning the Cup and Millbrook may not be the odds on favourites everyone makes them out to be.

Do you base that on the 2 scrappy games up at your place ( one of which you were completly passed of the pitch) on the cow field or the 8-1 drubbing down mill park where it is possible to play a bit of football ??????

As for Millbrook's U18's forcing their way into the SWPL side next season, I thought that their better players already played for Parkway Reserves ??

No 2 of them play for them but now your talking about this season not next season !!!!

if Bude can put any sort of pressure on Ryan Hammond and Matt Bettison at the back they may cause an upset.

Think if you saw the defending in the semi final you wouldnt have made that comment

Keano,

Of the three games between Millbrook and Woolwell, I will not deny that Millbrook were the better side in all three games.

However, in the first game Woolwell gave as good as they got until the penalty midway through the first half and admittedly once you went 2-0 up ten minutes into Woolwell couldn't get the ball off you for about half an hour.

In the cup game Woolwell had done their homework and got right in your face for ninety minutes and were only edged out on penalties, although it was backs to the wall for the whole of extra time.

The big difference between those two matches and the 8-1 thrashing at the Mill wasn't so much the playing surface......It was that in the first two games I had Jay Johnson at Centre Half and both Lee Dare and Jamie Willmott in midfield and none of them were still playing for Woolwell by the time of the game at the Mill....Even then it was 1-1 for about 20 minutes and Woolwell missed a penalty at 3-1 just before half time.

In fact the writing was already on the wall for Woolwell as I had already taken the job at Bere Alston by then and Woolwell have gone to rat shit ever since.

Like I say I'm not denying that Millbrook are a very good team and with the exeption of Plymstock probably the best in the area, but having seen some of the Bude lads recently the Final will be a lot closer than some people think.

Having said that, there is nothing at all wrong with Millbrook picking players from Plymouth as I doubt that all the Bude lads actually live in Bude and Clubs like Millbrook, Torpoint, Saltash and Liskeard have always got their fair share of the best talent from The Devon side of the Tamar and long may they continue to do so.

The other thing to consider of course is that nearly all your lads will still be eligible for U18's next season and will no doubt be stronger again

I would actually rather see Millbrook win the Cup anyway.....I was just making an observation.

Believe me I get enough stick week in week out for Bere Alston being a Devon club in a Cornish League.

Good luck in the Final !!