Cornwall Football Forum

Hayes 3 Truro 4

Really entertaining game of football between a couple of good teams.

Hayes started really fast and were two up with ten minutes through their dangerous front two of Hassan Jalloh and Moses Emmanuel, and it could easily have been three or four. Truro cleared their heads and clawed themselves back into it by the half hour through Tyler Harvey and Dan Sullivan.

After a half time of reflection, Truro came out of the blocks the fastest with Sullivan and Rocky Neal prominent.  It was though Hayes who restored their advantage with a sucker punch by Jalloh for their second. Even though they were behind again, City kept playing and looking the better side, and drew level again through new loan signing  Adam Porter. A run into the area from Neal then drew a foul, which was calmly slotted home by Harvey for , what turned out to be, the winner.

Truro squandered their reputation for defensive solidarity somewhat, but it was a resilient win against a Hayes side that look good enough to be in the play off shake up come next April.

Was there today. The officiating was absolutely awful, unacceptable. The linesman in the first half flagged every time Rocky so much as looked at the ball. The free kick Tyler scored from should have been a penalty. Hayes' first goal was a blatant handball, and Rocky for me scored a perfectly good goal which was ruled out for offside.

That being said, was great to beat that lot today. Fully deserved, only one side playing football today. Amazing how many injuries they had when they were 3-2 up, amazing how robust they were when 4-3 down...

Great match and a fun drive home. Throat/voice officially f'ed...

12 hours ago, Craze said:

Was there today. The officiating was absolutely awful, unacceptable. The linesman in the first half flagged every time Rocky so much as looked at the ball. The free kick Tyler scored from should have been a penalty. Hayes' first goal was a blatant handball, and Rocky for me scored a perfectly good goal which was ruled out for offside.

That being said, was great to beat that lot today. Fully deserved, only one side playing football today. Amazing how many injuries they had when they were 3-2 up, amazing how robust they were when 4-3 down...

Great match and a fun drive home. Throat/voice officially f'ed...

Prefer not to dwell on the officiating as I am not a referee critic by nature (we were pretty much looking along the line for the Rocky Neal "goal", and both thought he was marginally off. That's an opinion, and I wouldn't hang the assistant on that side out to dry on it). Was impressed by the Truro side, even when they went 2-3 down I could still only see them winning.  Kept playing, kept passing, and never hit the panic button. That's a confidence that comes from being top and unbeaten I guess.

The strength of the squad looks really good as well. Paul Wotton had a bench full of experienced options in most positions. Good sign when you can bring on players of the quality of Shane White and Ryan Brett in the second half.

4 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Prefer not to dwell on the officiating as I am not a referee critic by nature (we were pretty much looking along the line for the Rocky Neal "goal", and both thought he was marginally off. That's an opinion, and I wouldn't hang the assistant on that side out to dry on it). Was impressed by the Truro side, even when they went 2-3 down I could still only see them winning.  Kept playing, kept passing, and never hit the panic button. That's a confidence that comes from being top and unbeaten I guess.

The strength of the squad looks really good as well. Paul Wotton had a bench full of experienced options in most positions. Good sign when you can bring on players of the quality of Shane White and Ryan Brett in the second half.

The highlights definitely look like he's on...