Cornwall Football Forum

WCP NEWQUAY 3 - MULLION 0

This was a dominant display by Newquay tonight in sometimes torrential rain ,Newquay had young Harry Salmon playing in goal for his debut tonight and after a nervous start the young lad grew in confidence and had  a fine game but Mullion didnt really test him .

Newquay went 1 -O up after a Cam TURNERshot was turned in by Alex Cole but i thought it was a Og ,Paul Williams was having a fine goal in the Mullion goal and made some excellent saves that kept the score down into the 2nd half and Newquay went up a gear and played some lovely football with Cam Turner and Noah Teagle dominating the midfield and Isaac Varga brilliant in attack .

Newquay went 2-0 up from Isaac Varga and right at the death had a pen which Ross Fallens converted to make the final score 3-0 to Newquay which on the form they are on lately could go far in this cup competition .

Special praise must go to young Newquay Goalie for keeping  a clean sheet on his debut the Mom was given to Isaac Varga but i disagree i would give it to Noah Teagle this lad is going to go far Mom for Mullion im going for the goalie Paul Williams .Mullion are a fine team and had a lot of players out tonight and i wish them well for the season and i would like to say how nice the manager Rob Carey who came over to me in the grandstand and shook my hand not managers do that and it shows what a good man he is .

Onto the ref was excellent all evening and played the advantage rule a lot he was quality all evening unlike last weeks ref at the G match vs Mullion 

Onto the G What the hell happened tonight losing 4-2 to St Dennis hope Harry kicked your asses and you play better on Saturday against my adopted team Wadebridge i got it down as a draw because i do have a soft spot for the Bridgers i think the G will find it hard to deal with the 3 big forwards Wadebridge hav in Lloyd ,Rapsey and Mellor looking forward to the match and some sunshine unlike the weather tonight poor Smokie was soaking wet and shaking with the cold wish he would wear his coat .

Got talking to some holidaymakers who where very impressed with Newquay tonight and are supposed to be going home on Friday but are hoping to stay until satday and watch the Newquay match vs Blazey should be a cracker and on this form Newquay will give them a hell of a game they just got to stop River Allen dominating but Newquay have Cam Turner '

Well done Newquay 1st class display and also Mullion played some lovely football and good luck for the season