Cornwall Football Forum

There really is nothing new...

In amongst a vast haul of old football programmes I recently acquired, were a few editions of the Cornish Soccer magazine from 1997 (anybody who wants them, message me). I was amused to see this in the correspondence section of the August 1997 edition from, I think, a Saltash supporter;

"... Ricky Cardew (Bodmin manager) bringing in various midweek guest players such as Steve Daly, Jason Charlesworth etc."

Letters (!!) were invited to find out what was generally thought about what has become a, "regular occurrence at Bodmin now  for a number of seasons."

There really is nothing new in local football...

1 hour ago, Way Of The Park said:

In amongst a vast haul of old football programmes I recently acquired, were a few editions of the Cornish Soccer magazine from 1997 (anybody who wants them, message me). I was amused to see this in the correspondence section of the August 1997 edition from, I think, a Saltash supporter;

"... Ricky Cardew (Bodmin manager) bringing in various midweek guest players such as Steve Daly, Jason Charlesworth etc."

Letters (!!) were invited to find out what was generally thought about what has become a, "regular occurrence at Bodmin now  for a number of seasons."

There really is nothing new in local football...

That ethos simply devalues everything Bodmin have ever done for me.

All clubs are forced occasionally into this situation due to lack of players but these are serial offenders!