Cornwall Football Forum

HELSTON strengthen Midfield with KEY SIGNING

13 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

You would need to stop the rumour mill from previous years when managers openly quoted contract payments during warm downs...heard by many I'm afraid.

I’m not worried about the rumour mill.  

But I thought I’d share my views on why players are joining us; I believe it is because we offer:

The best on and off the pitch experience for women’s football in the area.

- Competitive training that improves the individual’s 

- Support of the club chairman and committee (not something all women’s teams benefit from) 

- a superb camaraderie

- good facilities

- superb social media coverage 

- coverage in local press 

- potential for silverware

- FA Cup football 

but above all a simple mantra:

Know your job, do your job and work hard.  That’s a top down ethos that’s bringing us success; success ambitious players want to be part of; there is no £ and therefore £ has got nothing to do with it. 

if people want to believe that then equally I’m fine with that. Let them think what they think, I know why we have the players we have.  

43 minutes ago, Paul Parfitt said:

I’m not worried about the rumour mill.  

But I thought I’d share my views on why players are joining us; I believe it is because we offer:

The best on and off the pitch experience for women’s football in the area.

- Competitive training that improves the individual’s 

- Support of the club chairman and committee (not something all women’s teams benefit from) 

- a superb camaraderie

- good facilities

- superb social media coverage 

- coverage in local press 

- potential for silverware

- FA Cup football 

but above all a simple mantra:

Know your job, do your job and work hard.  That’s a top down ethos that’s bringing us success; success ambitious players want to be part of; there is no £ and therefore £ has got nothing to do with it. 

if people want to believe that then equally I’m fine with that. Let them think what they think, I know why we have the players we have.  

Well good for you, but I along with many others heard it shouted out to the team as they left the pitch and were clearly not happy with having to go back for an extended post match talk on the field. 

Of course things may have changed and I will take you at your word on that.