Cornwall Football Forum

Budget 2021

I see that our wonderful Chancellor has promised £25M to grassroots football. Hmmmm, I wonder how far that will stretch between four nations and hundreds of thousands of teams. Of course much depends on how you define grassroots football, how far down do the roots penetrate, and how far up is the surface? Either way I predict much wailing and gnashing of teeth once the details emerge!

16 hours ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

I see that our wonderful Chancellor has promised £25M to grassroots football. Hmmmm, I wonder how far that will stretch between four nations and hundreds of thousands of teams. Of course much depends on how you define grassroots football, how far down do the roots penetrate, and how far up is the surface? Either way I predict much wailing and gnashing of teeth once the details emerge!

I would recommend that you write to/email your MP for clarification.  Remember, they work for you.

38 minutes ago, Keith B said:

They would make good use of the money you can be sure of that.

That would be fine so long as he/she, liked team games 🙂.

Can't do any harm, lets them know their constituents exist. Football, cricket and rugby clubs are a vital part of community life in counties such as Cornwall. Noted with interest the great work that Helston FC are doing in these dark times (sure there are others as well).