Cornwall Football Forum

Guest Helston Patriot

Helston 1 - 0 St day

Dom Pullen

First half was a bit poor but second half all one way traffic to Helston. St day no 1 had a very very good game. Should of been about 6-0 today but the flying bob kept it down to 1. We didn't help our selfs with players tackling each other to have a shot inside their box... I dont think our 'keeper actually had to make a save in the second half?!?? caught a few crosses and thats about it.

Credit to St day tho, always battled to the final whistle and are a different team to the one we played september. 3 pts and a clean sheet is what matters and we got them both.

Want to add anything bob i missed???? Sorry i didnt post at 5 i got stuck in traffic!!!!

Ref was interesting today... i'll leave it at that.

AGREE WITH UR COMMENTS FOR A CHANGE BREAS!!!

BOB HAD A GREAT GAME TODAY APART THE COUPLE OF DODGY CROSSES THAT CAME IN.

FEW OF THE ST DAY FAITHFULL SAID WE WERE LUCKY.PERHAPS WE WERE IN THE END!!! BUT A GOAL WAS COMING AND AS FOR MY OWN STATS I DONE TODAY ON SHOTS ALONE.

HELSTON SHOTS AT GOAL 18 ON TARGET 12

ST DAY SHOTS AT GOAL 5 ON TARGET 2

MITCH DIDNT REALLY HAVE MUCH TO DO AND WAS CLEAN WHEN HE CAME OF THE PITCH..

RESPECT TO ST DAY THEY BATTLE VERY HARD. THOUGHT THEY SHOULD HAVE PLAYED JONAH FROM THE START THOUGH, ALSO WITH ADIE HART PLAYING THEY WILL DO OK.

ALSO GOT TO MENTION ON HIS DEBUT KAYNE TREVASKIS WAS AWESOME TODAY AND WITH EVERY GAME HE WILL GET FITTER AND FITTER. GREAT SIGNING FOR THE CLUB!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK ST DAY FOR THE SEASON......

Guest Gaz-Man

do you mean hi 5 for st agnes speedy?! I only remember Penryn getting 2!

or do you mean the 5 easy chances that you missed?!

or do you mean hi-dive for your theatrical penalty claim?

:P

He came on to play the holding role , next minute he is making a fifty yard run into the area to connect perfectly with a thunder bolt header.

was down to an awesome cross from adam barnicoat, who now back in the the first team is playing quality.

We (aggie scored 4 goals all from good crosses.) Best we have played for ages, all down to the master kimmo making me captain! :SM_carton_y: First game back from a 5 week ban and absolutley loved it. Paul Dabbel coming into the side and other good performances from players coming up from the 2nds show how well a team can work when there is no divide.

amazing penalty save from Dex at 3-2 was the turning point.

Now hopefully we can push on and regain a position near the top. :thumbsup:

Guest Helston Patriot

did andy or justin miles play . rumor has it that there was massive fall out with manager

??

Justin played the whole game centre Mid and Andy Miles played 20 minutes also centre Mid. I was up the club the whole time Both miles bro's were there and There was no "bust up".

I'm affraid that what you've been told is quite untrue..

I'm sure winno will clear this up

Penzance were given a footballing lesson today and their makeshift back four were run ragged by a strong St Ives Town team.

A much depleted Penzance side took to the field at the Saltings trying to halt a run of six strait defeats, whilst St Ives were on the rebound from a defeat at the hands of league leaders Truro.

Things were going wrong off the field with Maurice Holland thrown in the deep end as temporary manager at short notice and goalkeeper Damien Norman arriving late due to car problems. Luckily Damien got on just before the ref blew for the start and swapped shirts with Perry Bullock who had volunteered to have a go in goal.

The games starts at an even pace for the first four minutes until Sam Long volleys one over the St Ives bar from 25yds out. This wakes St Ives up and from then on it is one-way traffic with Penzance defending the edge of their box.

St Ives have a couple of early free kicks, both centre mid-field and 35yds out. The first curls around the wall and just wide, the second blasts into the wall and away.

The Penzance box is a hive of activity and the inevitable happens on 15mins. From a throw in, the ball is crossed from the right, flicked on and Steve Hosking heads in from 6yds out.

Two minutes later St Ives double their lead when a free kick, centre mid-field is floated left for a header. Damien Norman parries it out only for a volley to come in and rattle his post, bounce out and Tristan Lambert is on hand to fire a low shot into the net.

A good St Ives move involving three headers on the half-way line, 30yds out and 12yds out results in the ball bouncing off the upright on 24mins.

An end to end passing move by St Ives sees the Penzance keeper dropping on the ball on his line to stop another score.

On 32mins St Ives get a corner on the right. They float the ball over everyone. It’s headed back across the goalmouth and Simon Carter is on hand to volley in from 10yds to make it 3-0.

Penzance now collapse and concede another two goals before half-time. On 39mins the ball is played into the crowded Penzance area and bounces around. It comes to Mikey Fowler who beats a diving Damien Norman with a low shot. 4-0

5mins later St Ives work down their right, cross the ball and a low volley from Carter flies into the net. 5-0

Half-time

The second half is four minutes old when St Ives get their sixth. The ball is floated over from the right, flicked on and Hosking lurking on the back post knocks it in for his second.

A St Ives corner is floated over but the keeper punches it away to safety.

At last a Penzance attack! Sam long breaks down the left, cuts in and fires one at the goal where the St Ives keeper pushes it away for a corner. The corner is taken short but in Penzance’s rush to get on the score sheet they concede a free kick.

On 58mins Perry Bullock and Ian Smith come on to replace Sean George and Alfie Turner.

St Ives break down their left, cross the ball over but their forward slices the ball wide. They break again, fire one in but Damien punches it clear for it to be blasted over the Penzance bar.

On 74mins St Ives get their seventh and Carter completes his hat-trick. The ball is floated in from the right. It drops down under the bar where Norman palms it out but Carter rolling around at his feet knocks it in from 1yd out.

A rare long range shot from Penzance is caught by the St Ives keeper.

A couple of minutes before the end St Ives have a claim for a goal turned down by the ref when the ball is kicked off the line.

Matthew Fox is booked for kicking the ball away in frustration on 90+1min. St Ives still have time for one more attack but they volley over the bar.

St Ives – Tony Simons, Chris Lock, Chris Russell, John Simpson, Guy (or Gary) Marshall, Mikey Fowler, Simon Carter, Matt Thomas, Steve Hosking, Ryan Bushby, Tristan Lambert

Subs- Lee Norman, Mark Hope, Harris Rothchild. (one used not sure who)

Penzance – Damien Norman, Mike Burt, Jack Eclly, Tony Riggall, Zak Podd, Gareth Alexandra, Sean George, Danny Michael, Matt Fox, Shane Rowe, Alfie Turner

Subs – Ian Smith, Perry Bullock (double substitution for Turner and George)

Corner count is 9-1 to St Ives (1st half 4-0)

Crowd of 34 with 6 (YES 6) supporting Penzance, the most away support all season.

Breasley you talk some bo*:OCKS. Considering you are a team at the top you were hardly in it at times in the first half. Lee mitch had to save you a couple of times as well. 2nd half you had a lot of chances and a lot of possession, but can't seem to remember Hosky having that much to do. Thought the guys battle well today, and but for 1 mistake we may have sneeked a point, but 6-0? No chance. Not sure why you had a baseball bat in clubhouse afterwards, should have beena golf club they way you kept slicing them today!!!!FOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that Helston have got a grant maybe they can put some lights in the away dressing room and some locks on the toilet doors!!

Guest Doomer17

Can't change it Damien, report has already been e-mailed to the press!

Luckily for us both Mullion and Wendron have lost today. Don't know about Newquay v Ludgvan yet. Anita says it was cancelled but for what?

That is a good thing. We need to pick up 2/3 wins and/or some draws, hard to see where from though playing like we did today. Really impressed with young jack in defence, only one that actually put in a hard tackle in the whole 90 minutes. Hes gonna be some player when hes older.

Helston Patriot.

Firstly it was a good game and as you said the ref was different, i had a good game but not the best game i have ever had. i feel we gave a very good account of ourselves and as a team we were dissapionted not to get anything out of the game. dom is always a threat but i thought baz marked him very well all game, and defensivley today i thought helston were not the best we have played against all season.

Winno.

great stats mate but was it really 18 shots and 12 on target?? kayne worked hard today and is a good player to have in your squad when he is not injured. Mitch had to make three saves in the first half from matt thirkle alone, he must have changed his kit at half time to not look dirty.

seriously though i thought we deserved something out of the game and if you put you hand on your heart and we both take off our rose tinted glasses we might just agree.

good luck to helston for the rest of the season from all at st day.

Guest Helston Patriot

Can you honestly mention when mitch had to make a save in the second half????? Yes he made saves from matt in the first half but they were outside the box and there was only 2 of them One he saw late a touched it over the bar and the other was straight at him. we all know matty never scores ;) . You did i would say shade the possesion in the first half but i felt we dealt with it. In the first half you deserved something as it showed we havent played in 3 weeks but we still should of taken the lead but dom put it over the bar from 5 yards out! Bob also tipped doms volley around the post at full stretch and defied gravity by catching justin miles top corner bound free kick.. Then the second half started and we were all over you. Bob saving 3 one on ones, tipping 3 wide and over and numerous straight at him. It didn't help that players tackled each other in the box too. You had a few breaks but didn't troulbe us. Silly free kicks cleared away or caught by 'keeper. When the whistle blow why do you think aide hart said to me "well that was interesting" and the other lad up front saying how many chances do you need?!?! Defensively not the best today but still Mr Hart up front only won 1 out of 14 headers today B)

But hey, wee all see the game differently and lets see what is written by the reporter who watched.

Jonah,

SORRY IF I WAS INTIMIDATING IN THE CLUB, YOU SHOULD OF TOLD MY DAD AND I WOULD OF GOT RID OF THE BAT :D

did have a little chuckle when dom and kayne tackled each other. think the shout from both was "mine, no yours" and both fell over in a heap.

mitch did have very little to do in the second half you're right. and as you said wee all see the game differently.

was the baseball bat just in case the pikeys got out of hand, HA HA!!!!

have a good drive up tonight bud. see you soon.

BOB

Not intimidating at all pal, fallen out with bigger and FAR better players than you over the years pal, just ask Winno!! You talk a good dit but watched helston 3 times this year not seen you have a good game yet, good job you've got sharky back there to cover you!

Guest Cornish Football Fan

Oh my good listen to the old man go on. St Days very own John Terry, who was on the bench of a mid table side at the best, ripping into a young talented defended who plays for a far better side, nothing like sour grapes. From watching the game today i did have to have a chuckle at the St Day bench, moaning everytime abit of contact was made to a St Day player, its a physical game and i thought St Day of all teams would know that, A helston player only had to touch a St Day player and the manager and rest of the St Day dug out would moan like f**k as if they've just broke there leg. Yeah ref was crap, but come on, it wasn't a netball match. Toughen boys, become men, and admit to defeat, you were beaten by the better team by far on the day, and that shows in the league table, and this comes from a neutral. Would of loved to go watch Truro combo today but couldn't so decided to go for Helston and ok there not the bet side, but they try and play football and are a pyhsical side which i think gets them where they are in the league. Some sides like St Day dont like playing physical teams. Enjoyed the game though, Good Luck both teams for the rest of the season.

At least I don't mind using my own name so that people know who I am. So easy these days to hide behind a name and make posts! Agree that now I am an old man, but i ain't done bad in this league in the past. As for the comments from the bench it's true that a couple were getting very angry with some of the decisions being made, but surely that is just passion?, didn't use any swear words myself, but did appeal for quite a few decisions. I have also said that it was all Helston in the second half, and they did deserve to win, no doubt about that. What I said was that it was one mistake that cost us, no matter how many chances they created. Helston deserve to be where they are in the league, they are a good side, managed by one of my best mates, and i have been on here a few times backing them up. Everybody deserves to voice their opinion on here, it's what it's all about. At least some of us do it using our real names!!

Good luck Helston for the rest of the season!

St just 1 - Holmans 3, St just should of been 3 nil up in the 1st half some easy chances missed,freekick by owen barret put hol 1 nil up then gary bell made it 2 nil st just pulled a goal back then mark perry scored hol 3rd,a full blooded game but played in the right spirt!

PEOPLE PEOPLE. THIS SITE IS GREAT.

I CAN SEE FROM A ST DAY POINT OF VIEW THEY THOUGHT THEY DESERVRD SOMETHING AND PERHAPS YOUR RIGHT. BUT TO BE HONEST IF WE DIDN'T WIN THE GAME WITH ALL THE PRESSURE WE HAD I WOULD HAVE BEEN GUTTED.AS I SAID IN THE TRURO GAME A FEW WEEKS AGO. ITS ABOUT TAKING YOUR CHANCES AND YES BOB WE DID HAVE 18 SHOTS AT GOAL AND 12 ON TARGET. WE MISSED LOADS AND COULD HAVE PAID THE PRICE. BUT DOM WAS ON HAND TO SNATCH ONE FOR US....KAYNE TREVASKIS WAS AWESOME AND I THINK IN HIM DOMO AND LIAM WE HAVE SOME OF THE BEST IF NOT THE BEST STRIKERS IN THE LEAGUE.

AS FOR A FALL OUT. JUSTIN AND MYSELF HAD A FEW WORDS AT TRAINING BUT THAT WAS AT TRAINING OPINIONS WERE VOICED AND THATS IT WE ARE MATES AS WELL AS FOOTBALLERS AND WE ARE MAN ENOUGH TO MOVE ON AFTER. AT THE END OF THE DAY I HAVE TO MAKE DECISINS NO-ONE WILL EVERY BE HAPPY. LIKE TEAM SELECTION. YOU NEVER KEEP EVERYONE HAPPY. MY PHILOSOPHY IS IF THEY WANT TO BE AT A CERTAIN CLUB THEY WILL WAIT THEIR CHANCE. IF NOT BUGGER OFF!!!!!

JONAH IS A BIG M8 OF MINE AND I AINT GETTING INVOLVED IN ANYMORE ARGUEMENTS ON HERE. TROPHIES WON SOMETIMES SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES AS DO COUNTY CAPS.... BUT LETS NOT SLAG EACH OTHER OFF FELLAS. WE PLAY FOR FUN WELL WE SHOULD AND ENJOY IT. RESPECT TO ALL

GOOD LUCK TO ALL

LOVE WINNO

Guest Helston Patriot

Your right Jonah, i'm shit. (Plenty of people have seen me play more than 3 games and are STILL waiting to see me play well!!) Its bad when you claim i have a poor game but yet i seem to remember we kept a clean sheet, wasn't skinned, didn't lose a header. And your right i am lucky sharky is behind me because he is one of the best defenders in the county and i'm happy you see that. I did slice one on saturday in front of the dug out but hey, i'm a defender and i can tackle well and header well, and you know what?? IT WORKS!! i'll leave the passing to the other players in the squad. This is only combo football and i am under no illusions that i am some great player. as long as i'm still enjoying myself i'll play. You need to chillax mate it was only a joke about the bat(it was actually the shout of the week), and i find it funny that you feel the need to tell me that you have fallen out with better and bigger players than me. Was that a threat/intimidation?? who knows.. Maybe you should work on your people skills then?? But i guess thats just called being a fish head! ! ;) But when it comes to the crunch, would you wanna..

!!Best of Luck for the rest of the season St Day :thumbsup:!!

Cheers Bob, Some of the best saves i've seen you make mate, Hopefully see you in the Navy cup Final!

Never said you were shit breas, just said not seen you have a good game in 3. Must be decent or Winno would have replaced you by now! As for the threat, no it wasn't, was just making a point. Good job i didn't start, like you said in an earlier post, Daddy was in the club to back you up!!!!!!!!

Good luck rest of season

Hayle res 1-2 Perranwell

Hayle goal by S Videama

Before kick off, i would have taken only loosing 1-2, but we played well, matched them in every department, loosing to a great free kick a minute before halftime, and a penalty that wasnt, in the second half.

I noticed Perranwell posting, says weak team, apart from keeper, they didnt look weak to me, and Simon Fisher still good player, sounds like bitching on my part, but dont want anything taken away from what was a great performance from my players, against top three team, and we deserved a draw from the game, at least.

The ref had a bit of a mare, but it must have been hard game to ref, as both teams never stopped moaning, and there was no quarter giving, or taken by both teams where tackles were concerned.

Perranwell are good team with some class players good luck for rest of season.

Illogan 5-1 Wendron

Just a quick post as I feel im intruding on the St Day\helston slagging match ha ha, (why does it always involve HP maybe just a co incidense)

Illogan played some tidy foortball again today with very little to trouble our defence, goals by Craig Williams 2, Sam Fenton and myself 2. Wendron never gave up and have a very young side which in a couple of years could do really well, we fell asleep in the back near the end to allow wendron a consolation goal but think that was there only shot at goal 2nd half.

Good to them for the rest of their season from all at Illogan.

Guest Helston Patriot

my dad left straight after the game didn't go into the club, he's 56 had isn't a well man so he wouldn't of been any use! He would of just laughed at us both. I don't need my old man to back me up, ask Geoff Bevan ;)

All the best for the rest of the season mate :drink:

NOT FOR CORNWALL M8 ROYAL NAVY. SAME COMPETITONS AS CORNWALL PLAY IN MORE BUD........

DIDNT MENTION MYSELF WINNING THEM EVEN THOUGH I HAVE!!! IT WAS A JOKING PUN AT BREAS AND JONAH!!!!!!