Cornwall Football Forum

Truro City 3rds 3 Troon 0

Troon were completely blown away by truro city today who could have scored 10 goals in this match.

Troon had a few chances but never look like a threat to truro.

A few people may be suprised with this result but i personally thought that troon were a very poor team.

I'm sure Adam Johns scored our 1st goal Mr SF but this was a good game to play in,I thought we controlled the game most of the time restricting Helston to only a few half chances throughout...It was a cracking own goal scored by our centre half but the delivery was superb from our left hand side . Take nothing away from Helston they have a good side filled with youngsters who I think will be banging on the door of the 1st team.

Looking forward to the draw for the semi's now.

SF you're right about the ref he did have a good game but there wasn't really a bad tackle all day considering the conditions game played in good spirit.

I think we've got new Park rangers next week & Spice the week after that...both cup matches??

Baggie - You were a lot closer than i was so i accept what you say about the first goalscorer.

There wasn't a bad tackle and at times the game seemed a little flat.Helston played well but i always thought that Portreath had the greater goal threat.Saying that Helston had two or three chances in the first half and also hit the post.

Guest helstons14

I thought it was a relatively even game today, both sides has spells but not one team particularly stood out. portreath are a good side but i think we can take a lot from our showing today and have the nucleas of a good side, with many of our players 16-18years old. good luck portreath.

good appraisel helston 14 our keeper wasn't tested at all today by your side, saying that you have a good young outfit there which if you stay together will go far. your no5 was my man of the match outstanding defending and ishould know having played at all levels as a defender.

well done again and best of luck for thr rest of the season.

portreath no big deal, thought we more than held our own today, 17 year old was man of match. real tight game, we,ll move on and upwards, best of luck in the semis.

Would like to say well done to Darren and all the boys at Portreath for their win against Helston and with Troons loss against the young Truro side keeping the Mining league represented in this years junior cup.

Good luck lads in the area semi and hopefully you should go on to book your place for the final

Guest Postie Pidge

Usually somewhere in the middle for the Senior Cup final.

In the 1997/98 finals, Falmouth was central for the Porthleven vs Truro encounter but not for the Penryn vs Morwenstow Junior Cup final.