Cornwall Football Forum

Percy Stephens and Arthur Pearce Semi Finals

Not the best of games, Dave!

Referee wasn't very popular with Marazion players in first match, and chances were at a premium in the second!

Think Wendron 3rds and Trispen just about deserved to progress in their relative cups

Edited by Gorgie

Wendron v Marazion wasn't a spectacle of football, the rock hard pitch and wind put paid to that. However after sustaining some early pressure from Marazion we started to grow into the game, but both teams cancelled each other out and the half ended 0-0. Much of the same in the second half to be honest; the only talking point was Marazion's player being sent off after we were awarded a penalty.  Not quite sure what happened regards the sending off; however after a lengthy delay Antony Williams slotted home the penalty to give us the lead.  The remainder of the second half was much the same as the first half; with Marazion looking to equalize; but I thought our back four were immense in keeping them out.  Late shout for a Marazion penalty towards the end of the second half, but not given by the ref, who I thought had a good game.  The game could have gone either way and one goal was always going to win it; luckily for us it went our way.  Overall I thought we just about shaded it, but only just.  We now face either Chacewater Reserves or Gwinear Reserves in the final.

Edited by Azzurri