Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League Tues 7/4

Trispen 2-4 Storm.

A poor performance from Trispen who from the outset struggled to deal with Storms high ball tactics. Missing two regulars from our defence showed as no challenges where made under the high ball. Storm capitalised on this and continued to bombard Trispen area with long stuff and got their deserved reward with a long throw and unchallenged flick header. Trispen can close with a couple of long range drives but failed to create anything noticeable. 

The second half continued in the same fashion and again Storm scored from a free header from a corner. They then took a deserved 3 goal lead when a high ball was again not dealt with and the lad scored nicely in the corner. Better late than never Trispen exerted some pressure with the fear of a hiding and got a soft reward of a penalty that I didn't really think much of. Dean Dunn scored to give a small lifeline. Moments later another penalty was conceded which in fairness was a little more clear cut. Again Dean dunn slotted it home. Trispen then changed formation thinking attack was the best form of defence but Storm continued to make chances from high clearances and were rewarded with a 4th goal to put the game to bed. 

On the night I think storm wanted it way more than my side and deserved the points. Our game summed up by conceding 4 goals of similar nature and only scoring from 2 penalties one being a little dubious. 

​With 6 games left in the league and 2 x cup semi finals an improvement will have to be made to ensure our season doesn't fall flat. 

Well played Storm! 

Div 3

Wendron 3rds 0 v Helston 5

Played some our best football of the season tonight Particularly in the first half Which saw us lead 3-0 at Half time. Some big perfomances from the younger players in the squad.

Scorers. ..Own goal Lewis Hall Ben Turner Tom Lake and Alex Cook.

well referreed with a good humour by Nick O Dwyer 

Was training down at Boscawen park tonight where Newbridge were playing Newquay 4ths on the other pitch, I only saw the last 15 minutes but the young Newquay side looked a tidy outfit. I know Newbridge were missing a few tonight.

FInal score Newbridge 3, Newquay 4.

Aaron Jones made a good penalty save for Newbridge in the first half. 

goonhavern 1 Illogan 0

Trelawney 2

despite probably 70% possession tonight, we could of played all night, we were never gonna score, credit goonhavern hit us on the break and defended well but bitterly disappointed and frustrated sums up this performance, roll on trispen Saturday ?⚽

Praze 7-0 Hayle Reserves (H/T 3-0)

Well reffed by Phil Cuthbert. The first half goals came in the 23rd, 32nd and 38th minutes. The second half goals followed in the 46th, 61st, 63rd and 71st minutes.

Premier Division

Carharrack 4 - 1 Constantine

Gwinear Churchtown 1 - 4 Holman SC

St Day Reserves 0 - 5 Chacewater

Division 1

Praze 7 - 0 Hayle Reserves

Division 2

Goonhavern Athletic Reserves 1 - 0 Illogan RBL 3rds

Redruth United 3 - 3 Chacewater Reserves

Trispen 2 - 4 Storm

Division 3

Wendron United 3rds 0 - 5 Helston Athletic 3rds