Cornwall Football Forum

Well done to Veryan. Deserve the win. Massive respect to Gary Weildon. 

Well done to Veryan, but I wouldn't quite say they deserved the win. I thought Veryan shaded the 1st half and minutes after winning the the 1st penalty could of been awarded another. St Buryan started the 2nd half well and were level within a minute. They continued to press and had the ball in the back of the net only to have it ruled out, possibly for a foul on the keeper?

Then the most controversial moment of the game, a veryan player tried a back pass to the keeper which  the St buryan forward intercepted, went round the keeper and scored only to see the lino had his flag up for offside!

Eventually Buryan did get a goal that stood only to give away a silly foul in the 90th minute,  from the free kick Veryan scored to keep the tie alive. No extra time these days so straight to pens, Veryan had 2 saved putting the tie back in St Buryans hands but then they missed a couple. Veryan scored all their remaining pens to set up the sudden death shoot out which only lasted one round and handed Veryan the Cup.

Well done to all at Veryan, after watching both semi finals I thought they would be favourites, but St Buryan will be kicking themselves that they let this one slip through the net! St Buryans Luke Waller picked up the m.o.m award.