Cornwall Football Forum

Sunday Independent January 18th

Whilst most publicity is good news for local clubs, this is an advertising piece that the Indy have run for many other SWPL clubs.

I gave the Indy photos and background info + history to them on Newquay AFC, they come up with a double page feature, but only if you can supply them with enough companies to advertise on those pages, which we did. It was a nice feature, but can't say it raised the profile of the club in any way, not too many Indy readers in this part of the world.

I have no doubt that St Austell will benefit from this, they appear to have some hardworking folk securing funds to enable a promotion push, I wish them all the best in the Vase & whilst we would lose one of our local rivals, hope they do make the step up. Best wishes to Lafs, who will always be a bit of a Peppermint, and the club in general.

Whilst most publicity is good news for local clubs, this is an advertising piece that the Indy have run for many other SWPL clubs.

I gave the Indy photos and background info + history to them on Newquay AFC, they come up with a double page feature, but only if you can supply them with enough companies to advertise on those pages, which we did. It was a nice feature, but can't say it raised the profile of the club in any way, not too many Indy readers in this part of the world.

I have no doubt that St Austell will benefit from this, they appear to have some hardworking folk securing funds to enable a promotion push, I wish them all the best in the Vase & whilst we would lose one of our local rivals, hope they do make the step up. Best wishes to Lafs, who will always be a bit of a Peppermint, and the club in general.

Sounds like what we have had to do Nem.