Cornwall Football Forum

Redruth Utd Res

Pointers,

as you are nothing whatsoever to do with Redruth UTD and as Mitchy's friend and assistant manager I will tell you now that this is nothing to do with you! I have no time for people wanting to gossip and trying to get mitchy to air his laundry on the forum is out of order. Mat put a lot of time and effort into trying to take the reserves forward, he took a decision to say he has left and chose not to explain, if he wanted you to know he would have stated why in his original statement!!!

I hope to see mitchy involved as a player at the club as everyone who knows him knows his class and attitude.

Greg

Pointers,

as you are nothing whatsoever to do with Redruth UTD and as Mitchy's friend and assistant manager I will tell you now that this is nothing to do with you! I have no time for people wanting to gossip and trying to get mitchy to air his laundry on the forum is out of order. Mat put a lot of time and effort into trying to take the reserves forward, he took a decision to say he has left and chose not to explain, if he wanted you to know he would have stated why in his original statement!!!

I hope to see mitchy involved as a player at the club as everyone who knows him knows his class and attitude.

Greg

I think you'll find this is a public forum wilser, I'll ask whatever I want to ask, if you don't like that, don't read it!

Why are you stepping down? Conflict or rifts between teams?

Pointers,

as you are nothing whatsoever to do with Redruth UTD and as Mitchy's friend and assistant manager I will tell you now that this is nothing to do with you! I have no time for people wanting to gossip and trying to get mitchy to air his laundry on the forum is out of order.

Bloody hell Greg straight to the point fella
While I agree with what you say I do feel your statement is a little challenging so to speak, if you have no time for people wanting gossip then you should not have replied to Pointers post in the first place so it obviously rattled your cage :angry:
If Matt wanted to tell everyone I am sure he would have done so and quite rightly a public forum is not the place
Having played for Matt I have absolutely no doubts about his qualities as both a player and manager both of
which he was good at and dedicated :thumbsup:
Redruth have always been known as a good honest and decent club, the type of club most players find enjoyable to play for
Over recent years things have changed (for the better) and the club is in good shape, part of that and credit where it is due goes to Matt for the hard work he has put in
Anyone who has managed a team no matter what standard will agree it is a tough and thankless job; you put yourself out every week but also put yourself in the firing line at the same time
I would like to wish Matt all the best for the future and hope he still pulls on the boots occasionally simply because he is a great player

Sorry guys no real story to tell i got on really well with neil and to be honest i think the bloke is one of the best managers about. The reason i left was simple i didnt feel the players were committed and was missing 13 for todays game leaving me with 7 players. No doubt players will return nxt week against st just. The question i asked myself was why arent the players committed simple really the manager needs to get that hence my resignation. Boots going back on so looking for a club management days over mitchy

That's a fair enough answer Mitchy, I think the commitment from the players nowadays is terrible, the majority anyway. The easy option for them is to say they're 'working' or can't make today's game, most of us live and die for football...!!!!

Hopefully you'll find somewhere else to enjoy your playing days and take the weight of the shoulders by just concentrating on playing the great game!

All the best Mitchy!! Top bloke and sorry to hear this.

I know what the strains of management can do especially when there's a lack of commitment from players and your doing this thankless task so that players can turn up and play football every week. Until you have done management yourself you cant appreciate what managers do for there clubs, the time and effort trying to put out a competitive team week in week out. Hope to see you on the pitch mate as for those that dont know Matts a pretty tasty player!!!

All the best bud.

Graham

Trispen FC