Cornwall Football Forum

soccernites

Guest postman pat

Just been on the website ( soccernites.com ) and there is an annoucement in the Camborne league section of the forum basically saying that, as of the end of the current season, it will be ending. College stick in the muds are moaning that the astro pitch is getting too worn out. Although Carl has got a good point about the amount of money the 2 and a half hour weekly slot creates. I play on Wednesdays myself and have found it to be a good standard, competitive and overall good fun, so come on forum writers lets do what we can too keep it going!

The Titans was formed from the wednesday nights at soccernights and i agree with you Damo no2 as a collective group of footballers / football followers, we should help to keep soccernights going as it effects over 250 cornish footballers, thats alot of people in a small area there must be some thing we can do to help Carl and Soccernights !!!!!!!!!!

i used 2 play soccernites i was there when karl started with dan in newquay then made the move 2 camborne but due 2 work committments unable 2 continue but i wont let this go i c 2 the papers we go get a petiton and lets keep the ball rolling!! good pun do u like it hehe na lets get this sorted get my bro he good at gettin stuff in2 paper!! :drink::thumbsup: :yahoo:

THERE MAYBE OTHER VENUES BUT NONE AS CENTRAL AS POOL THERE ARE TEAMS FROM ALL OVER THE PLACE. MOVE SOCCERNIGHTS AND YOU WILL LOSE A HIGH PERCENTAGE OF THE FOOTBALL TEAMS THAT MAKES SOCCRNIGHTS AS GOOD AS IT IS.

Be interested to know why this soccer tournament is in danger of finishing when it has so many players and clubs taking part on a Wednesday evening.It provides a much needed facility for small-sided football and isn't this the reason that the grants for it's construction were given in the first place?

Would have thought that the College would miss the regular money coming in from the Soccernites booking or are there other plans behind the scenes?

Is it true that Trevenson FC have also had their training slot here changed by the organiser?

Pool School (Pool Business & Enterprise College) has an astro pitch just across the road from the Cornwall College. I wouldn't be too difficult to shift there. (And its maybe not as good as the College one for footie, but it's a lot better than the one at Penair.

Can I understand this right, they're worried that too much use is wearing the College pitch out? That is unbelievable. The bloody thing was put there to use. if it wears out in two years it's a brilliant success and there's a damn good case for funding to replace it.

The whole point of astro is that it isn't like grass - can be destroyed by overuse. It just wears out.

PLEASE tell me that it's not about wear that they're taking users off it. Please! No one can be that stupid.

(If they stop anyone using it, it'll last for ever. What a great idea.)

I think that Carl has fallen victim to the College itself, they have probably had long term plans in place for a while, and perhaps they have been using him as a filler slot.

When we ran a Truro league last year at Truro School they hired the pitch out to us for the entire summer, whilst it was an agreement that we wanted to hire it on a long term basis. However once the hocky season started again, they sent us a letter on the Tuesday saying that they had ended our contract effective as there and then (we were supposed to be running the league the next day), citing some excuses that weren't even true. A lot of players went up to the school the following evening and the hockey club were using it.

Hopefully Carl will be able to sort something out though, good luck to you all.

Guest soccernights

Thanks for your support guys it is much appreciated!

The crux of the matter is that without heed or warning the college have terminated our usage of the pitch under the grounds of we are wearing it out! I was told on the 21st of August in the form of a letter and given 8 days notice to get off (half way through the current season) I have wrote to and spoke to the college asking for an explanation so that I may tell the 200+ avid players why they can no longer play football on a weds. As yet still no reply! I contacted the FA today they have not returned my call and my email message was deleted without being read. I contacted the football foundation and they are no help skirting all the issues raised. If anybody feels they can help then please get in touch info@soccernights.com

This is an established league that runs for the community if it were not successful or needed I would be out of a job, the fact is it is very much needed and wanted, and yet they want to get rid of it and why?

I'll keep you posted of further happenings.

Cheers

Carl

I'll email Les Howie, top grass roots man at the FA. last time I spoke to him he was waxing lyrical about these exciting 3 G astro pitches, funded by the football foundation being used fro community turn-up and play type schemes. (Is this what soccernights is about?)

I'm sure he'll find it amusing to think that the Cornwall College pitch isn't being used in case it wears out. (Not)

Guest soccernights

I heard that they had recived a bill for £350 for a tear in the turf that they had to repair.

Hardly equates to the approx £10,000 the local community soccernights teams and players have paid for the pitch over the 18 months the league has existed does it? We only use it for 2 & 1/2 hours a week and so i am sure that other clubs & contributers have also helped pay for the upkeep of the facilities and contributed to its ware.