Cornwall Football Forum

Cannot raise a side....

I have heard a lot about teams not being able to raise a side. Why are they allowed to get away with it?

Everyone knows that our Reserve team has been called into service in our first 11. What do I do, bleat and moan and call off games? No we registered 2 teams and play the fixture with new blood, young players that will in the future become good players.

I think that fines should be in line with Duchy League for not fulfilling fixtures. anyone agree?

In my experience the Duchy League penalties for failing to fulfil fixtures is an excellent system that actually works as it rarely happens, certainly not as often as in other Cornish leagues. On the first occasion there is a 3 point penalty and fine and that subsequently increases until on the third occasion the team is expelled from the league. I can recall expulsions happening at least twice. The automatic 3 point deduction on the first occasion, rather than the other team just being awarded a win, usually seems enough to pull most clubs into line.

Guest postman pat

i agree general.we at Titans f.c have had problems with injuries and work commitments and have fielded a bare 11 but have still fulfilled our fixtures when it would have been easier to cry off and get a stronger team at a later date. but we feel this will make us a stronger club eventhough we are still to win a game. :clapper::drink: :thumbsup:

Guest PJD ref

I Have to agree with all that has been said on here.

It is totally unfiar that teams distrubt other's by simply saying "sorry cant get a team no game" in my humble opinion if you cant raise a team you forfit your points and should loose by about 3-0.

If you cant raise a team its simple DONT ENTER THE LEAGUE

i hear what your saying mike but sometimes its not the managers or the clubs fault we know how shallow some players promises are ,i believe when we played you <trevenson v gulval>you had some 2nd players that day,and we were also short even i had to play and the chairman had to go sub not ideal for the opening or any game.the following game we had 16 ,you just dont whats going to happen game by game.

:clapper: Its normally the "senior sides" who cant raise a side,but some senior leagues let them get away with it, and then you hear so and so has gone to another club leaving that team short,but wheres their players gone to,they just dont disappear,i think it just to easy for clubs to call off matches, and you find senior players leaving clubs due to money! I thought we played football for the love of it, and do these players declare their earnings to the inland revenue,yeah right!

:P We must be lucky at Roche(2nd team) we can regulary field almost two sides every saturday, today we have 8 subs,with 3 players out and 2 or 3 coming back into the fold,tis a very difficult situation trying to keep everybody happy and trying to rotate players, so when you hear teams unable to raise a side i myself at the other end of the spectrum find it it bit frustrating when i have too many players,if any team is having a struggle to raise a side let me know on this website