Cornwall Football Forum

Combination league eye catchers.

Now the season is coming to an end what youngsters have impressed? I for one am very keen to know how the youth gets on. People say combination league standard is poor, but is it really as bad as what it is? At Ludgvan Jack Ramsey has had a very impressive season. 18 goals at 18 years old so far, what a season he's having. Ashley Ellis of Pendeen another one on 18 goals. These two are the two who have caught my eye. Have any other youngsters caught anyone's attention? If this topic gets out of hand I will be asking for it to be removed. Just a general topic.

Joseph.

Tom Barnett, big blonde centre back for Newquay AFC Combo side. He has made the step up from being a striker with Newquays Trelawny Div 5 side, he has been man of the match in at least 3 recent games. A well thought of young man at Mount Wise, still learning and will do well over the next few years. There are a couple of others, but don't want to alert clubs in other leagues to them.

Nemesis I'd agree Tom has done well but by no means the finished article, he's got alot of potential. I've just come on board with the reserves to help Steve out and been impressed with one or two, but not that impressed with overall standard of the combo. Hopefully Steve can keep the reserved up and we can set about building and coaching a title challenging side next season.

craig wilcox at hayle 16 years old not the finished product yet but good 1st season in combo .the young striker at st agnes who scored against hayle tue night ,dont know his name but a threat all night and a well taken goal and the lad for st day sorry only remember his nickname of booney cracking player

I'd agree Jenko14, that tresidder lad seems a real eye catcher, dashing looks, a leader, wand of a left foot, hung, and lightning pace. Don't really know him well though. For me it's Danielle Jenkings, he just uses the post a lot, that's his only problem, doesn't deliver enough for me..

For me Jenko14 he's an out and out winger, certainly not a cm, just happy to pick his brown packet up every week from Wendron is what I heard, top bloke though. He seems to of stamped his authority down, guess he just needs someone to post about it.. (pun)

Sids, yeah I did hear that he receives a free sausage and chips ticket to play for them, bleddy good chips too I might add thanks Tanya. Agree though definitely got a special delivery but would consider him more of a full back. Puts it on a postage stamp everytime, first class.

(pun city)