Boscastle Reserves 1 - 6 North Petherwin Reserves
Duke of Cornwall 1 - 5 Southgate
St. Columb Major Reserves 6 - 1 Pelynt Reserves
St. Newlyn East Reserves LKO St. Minver Reserves
St. Mawgan Reserves P - P St. Merryn
Tregrehan Mills P - P Veryan

Duchy 2

Padstow 8 0 St Breward

Not the best of games but a great result for Padstow.

St Breward started the game with 10 men and for the first 15 minutes kept the home side at bay with some resolute defending and some great saves from their keeper.

Padstow finally took the lead when Tom Hull headed in from a corner. Kyle Tippett made it 2 soon after.

It looked as if the home side would be looking to score lots more but St Breward rolled up their sleeves and defended really well plus there was some poor finishing from Padstow.

St Breward's cause was not helped when their number 9 had to go off injury following a challenge from the home skipper Rob Rowe.

padstow huffed and puffed but looked unlikely to add to the score until just before halftime they added a third through a shot from distance from Jake Charles

H/T 3-0

Padstow came out for the second half playing very much in the same vain as the first half.

They threatened the St Breward goal on many occasions without looking like scoring.

FInally Johnny Murt got in on the act and added 3 more to his tally for the season and goals from Harry Calvesbert & Joe Combellack completed the scoring.

With 10 minutes or so to go St Breward were reduced to 8 men when they had a player sent off for speaking out of turn to the ref.

Not the greatest game to watch but an important 3 points for Padstow as they look to close in on the league title.

A great effort from all the St Breward boys, credit to their club.

First class in the Padstow managers eyes.

Calstock were drilled by a good footballing side. Some good goals and finishing too, in particular the chest and volley by searle.

Decent bunch lamerton, but strange bickering even when 5-0 up. Think they will finish the season well and wish them good luck.

The referee was superb throughout!

I'm not writing to purposely slate a refereeing performance as I know how hard their job is, but today I was a neutral at the Phoenix vs Holywell game & in watching 25 years of duchy football I have never seen such an incompitent and terrible display of judgement and consistency by the ref on show today. Phoenix I am sure will feel sick to have been 1 nil up and have to have the most blaitent penalty claim (as a holywell player punched the ball over the bar which was heading into the roof of the net with 15 minutes to go) rejected. The linemans for both teams gave decisions or at least there own views which were consistently ignored only for the ref to go up the other hand an dubiously award holywell a penalty for a handball from pointblank range. 10 minutes to go he then plays 2 minutes and blows up with 8 to go.

All but ruined what was going to be a fascinating and nail biting close to the duchy 3 season as today 2 good teams played a well contested match however the result didnt fit the running of the match largely contributed by a poor reffing display.

Pensilva 3-2 Saltash

Martyn Putt gave pensilva the lead on 10 minutes after good work from Jonny Filbey, Ryan Tetley equalised on 15 minutes beating the pensilva keeper to the ball and tapping in to an empty net, Tetley then put Saltah in front with last kick of the first half smashing the ball in to the net from a tight angle. Sam Rogers came off the bench for Pensilva to equalise midway through the second half and then Rogers got the winner with 10 minutes remaining when he beat 4 players in the box with great footwork before slotting home.

I'm not writing to purposely slate a refereeing performance as I know how hard their job is, but today I was a neutral at the Phoenix vs Holywell game & in watching 25 years of duchy football I have never seen such an incompitent and terrible display of judgement and consistency by the ref on show today. Phoenix I am sure will feel sick to have been 1 nil up and have to have the most blaitent penalty claim (as a holywell player punched the ball over the bar which was heading into the roof of the net with 15 minutes to go) rejected. The linemans for both teams gave decisions or at least there own views which were consistently ignored only for the ref to go up the other hand an dubiously award holywell a penalty for a handball from pointblank range. 10 minutes to go he then plays 2 minutes and blows up with 8 to go.

All but ruined what was going to be a fascinating and nail biting close to the duchy 3 season as today 2 good teams played a well contested match however the result didnt fit the running of the match largely contributed by a poor reffing display.

As a Phoenix supporter I have to agree 100% with your comments. Is was a great game of quality football ruined by an incompitent referee.

St. Columb Major Reserves 6 - 1 Pelynt Reserves

Major brushed aside division five counterparts Pelynt with a strong second half performance in their 4pm encounter in the sunshine at The Recreation Ground.

The opening goal was arguably the best of the game as a quick break out of defence resulted in an exchange of passes between full-back John Middleditch and midfielder Dean Dingle who played the ball into the feet of Jay Tipton. The lone striker drew in his his marker to release Dingle to lash home with his left foot from the corner of the area with a stunning strike to give the hosts a deserved advantage. Major were creating chances and it wasn't long before a second was added - a tidy team move resulted in Tipton finding Luke Worrall, who was deployed in a wide midfield role with Major adopting a 4-5-1 formation. Worrall demonstrated excellent composure to turn the last defender and neatly slot home past the visiting goalkeeper. Pelynt were finding it a challenge to maintain possession and frequently gave the ball away, however, Major goalkeeper Eliot Clarke had to make amends as he was unable to turn away a cross that almost fell invitingly for the visitors.

Major looked solid in midfield with birthday boy Simon Mitchell and youngster David Menhennitt amply supported by central defensive pair Craig Hayes and Dan Ball. Despite the game drifting slightly as the first half concluded, the second half was not long underway before Major added an important third goal, with Josh Turner bundling home an in-swinging Worrall corner from close range. Major's cavalier approach resulted in what turned out to be a consolation for Pelynt as Clarke was unable to clear Adam Brenton's firm back pass, although there was a suspicion of offside as the ball was played into the path of the eventual goal scorer.

Despite the frustration of conceding a needless goal, Major upped the pressure in the last half hour, adding three goals and striking the woodwork twice. Having struck the crossbar with a fine free kick from distance, Jay Tipton expertly fired home on the turn from fifteen yards after fine work from Dingle on the left, keeping the ball down nicely for a well executed finish from the impressive striker. Unmarked central defender Hayes added a fifth from close range for his second goal in consecutive games and second half substitute Ryan Worrall was unfortunate not to add a sixth when he controlled the ball in the box and hit an early strike that smashed the crossbar and dropped to safety.

Within a matter of minutes Dingle added his second goal and Major's sixth, neatly controlling a ball over the top of the Pelynt defence to dispatch a low strike into the bottom corner to complete the rout. Major were unfortunate not to add more to the overall tally in the last ten minutes as they pressed collectively to wrap up a fine team performance that will be a great confident boost for the newly assembled side.

Man of the match - David Menhennitt

I agree, Before I comment to much on this game I would just like to say a good 95% of referees that i have come across this season have been superb and worth their weight in gold to our game and without them there would be no game but unfortunately the guy in charge today i have come across 3 times this season I think and a few times in other seasons and on all occasion I have given him low scores in the team sheet book but this was by far his worst game he was inconsistent with decisions and missed as said the most blatant penalty (save of the season by the player even as a keeper myself i was impressed with his technique) which by the laws of the game would have also seen the player red carded the player himself could not believe he got away with it. With regards to the penalty he gave the player it hit had his arms down by his side and made no deliberate attempt to stop the fast moving ball, surely if it was really a penalty there should have been a card to follow? He was too far away from the play to see another penalty shout in the fist half where the holywell player pushed the player to the floor inside the box i have seen them given for allot less stonewall for me. He consistently ignored his other officials one occasion he gave a corner despite the holywell linesman giving a goal kick he was a matter of feet from the incident the ref was a good 30 yards away i felt sorry for the linesman as he was good all game and was honest and got more decisions right than the ref. Finally the straight red card he gave for dissent i'm not sure if i have ever seen one given before only ever seen this when a player was previously booked (so to yellows) so can the reffing community let me know if you can give a straight red for this, to add the player did not use foul or abusive language. So as you can read the man in the middle was more than poor today and it was a shame to the game which looked to be a good one with both teams fighting to get promoted.

Pensilva 3-2 Saltash

Martyn Putt gave pensilva the lead on 10 minutes after good work from Jonny Filbey, Ryan Tetley equalised on 15 minutes beating the pensilva keeper to the ball and tapping in to an empty net, Tetley then put Saltah in front with last kick of the first half smashing the ball in to the net from a tight angle. Sam Rogers came off the bench for Pensilva to equalise midway through the second half and then Rogers got the winner with 10 minutes remaining when he beat 4 players in the box with great footwork before slotting home.

Great result Tony! Godolphin in the Semi's? Great chance of making the final and another day out for me!

That scouting up our place must of worked, ha! Well done again.

Thanks for that Willser, Going to be a tough semi against Godolphin as this will be the 3rd time we've met this season with another league meeting to come in may.We are knowing each others players pretty well and both meetings we have had so far have been very tight encounters.It just shows what a tough league division 1 is, not only with pelynt winning this cup last season but with another team from this division certain to make the final. I see you drew at Maker, was it a fair result?

Pensilva 3-2 Saltash

Great result Tony! Godolphin in the Semi's? Great chance of making the final and another day out for me!

Thanks for that Willser, Going to be a tough semi against Godolphin as this will be the 3rd time we've met this season with another league meeting to come in may.We are knowing each others players pretty well and both meetings we have had so far have been very tight encounters.It just shows what a tough league division 1 is, not only with pelynt winning this cup last season but with another team from this division certain to make the final. I see you drew at Maker, was it a fair result?

Pensilva 3-2 Saltash

Yeah, we were awful 1st half, the worst I've seen us play all season. 3-1 down and struggling. Managed to pull it back to 3-3 in the 2nd half but gave ourselves too much to do.

I'll pretty much concede winning the league has gone now, but promotion still a possibility as it could be more than just the 2 up depending on how many of the Premier teams go up to East Cornwall.

LC Phoenix 1 Holywell & Cubert 1

Despite gaining promotion for the third successive season, Launceston College Phoenix will feel quite disappointed with the overall result. Holywell dominated the opening 20 minutes before Phoenix found their rhythm and began posing questions.

Unfortunately, too many Phoenix players lacked the urgency needed against a solid Holywell defence and it wasn't until Nathan Cox's drive from the edge of the box gave the alumni team a goal advantage that Phoenix showed glimpses of their capability. From then on it was mostly Phoenix pressure but a combination of controversial decisions and lack of clinical passing in the final third of the pitch allowed the visitors to walk away with a point. The Duchy 3 title race isn't finished yet, but Phoenix have to really step up if they are to stand any chance of ending the season as division champions.

Thanks to Holywell, who are a fantastic group of players- they don't let teams win easily, and that is a lesson Phoenix need to take on the chin despite whatever else might have happened in the game.

The White Hart Hotel Man of the Match Award: Nathan Cox- the Phoenix skipper's performance was full of energy and purpose.

Guest cescfab_4

St Columb Major 0-3 Torpoint Athletic

Torpoint scorers: Rikki Shepherd, Graham O'Neill, Laurence Murray

Another solid display, Major put us under pressure in the second half. 4 games, 2 conceded and 16 scored. We are finally starting to find our groove. Bring on St Cleer away next week!

Best performance of the season from St columb major res. A new team start of the season are showing signs of being a strong unit for next season. Couldn't pick out any players under performing. 451 formation is the way to go when you have a player up front the ball sticks to and wingers that support. Great game bring on St newlyn east next week :)

What has happened to St Columb, they had such a strong squad at the start of the season but look to have fallen off a cliff. I am suprised to see them struggling in this league with the players they had ?

Lost a fair few players from start of season but looked to have a better squad for yesterdays game and with abit of luck could have grabbed a couple goals. Im sure out first team will be all guns blazing next season

Well done Padstow, looks like 1 better than last season Promotion as Champion, great achievement.

Duchy 2

Padstow 8 0 St Breward

St Breward started the game with 10 men and for the first 15 minutes kept the home side at bay with some resolute defending and some great saves from their keeper.

Padstow finally took the lead when Tom Hull headed in from a corner. Kyle Tippett made it 2 soon after.

It looked as if the home side would be looking to score lots more but St Breward rolled up their sleeves and defended really well plus there was some poor finishing from Padstow.

St Breward's cause was not helped when their number 9 had to go off injury following a challenge from the home skipper Rob Rowe.

padstow huffed and puffed but looked unlikely to add to the score until just before halftime they added a third through a shot from distance from Jake Charles

H/T 3-0

Padstow came out for the second half playing very much in the same vain as the first half.

They threatened the St Breward goal on many occasions without looking like scoring.

FInally Johnny Murt got in on the act and added 3 more to his tally for the season and goals from Harry Calvesbert & Joe Combellack completed the scoring.

With 10 minutes or so to go St Breward were reduced to 8 men when they had a player sent off for speaking out of turn to the ref.

Not the greatest game to watch but an important 3 points for Padstow as they look to close in on the league title.

Yeah, we were awful 1st half, the worst I've seen us play all season. 3-1 down and struggling. Managed to pull it back to 3-3 in the 2nd half but gave ourselves too much to do.

I'll pretty much concede winning the league has gone now, but promotion still a possibility as it could be more than just the 2 up depending on how many of the Premier teams go up to East Cornwall.

It could've been worse if they had stuck the pen away we gave them in the first 5 minutes too!

Fresh from their Junior Cup Final success AFC St.Austell leapt back to the top of the Premier Division after a one-goal win at Mevagissey to keep their ambitions of the treble realistically high. Mevagissey gave their opponents a good game in the first half, missing chances to take the lead. The only goal came on the hour when St.Austell were awarded a penalty and the ever-reliable Phil Hutchings stroked it home.

Torpoint Athletic scored a fine 3-0 win at St.Columb Major. Lawrence Murray gave the visitor’s a fifteenth minute lead with a beautiful strike from all of thirty-five yards. Torpoint doubled the lead after thirty-one minutes from a Rikki Shepherd header. St.Columb came much more into the game in the second half and were unlucky not to find the target, but then with two minutes remaining and the pressure building, Torpoint broke quickly and Graham O’Neill grabbed their third.

Calstock suffered a heavy defeat conceding seven without reply at home to Lamerton and slipped closer to the drop. Simon Kelly hit a hat trick with Kevin Pethick adding a brace. Richard Searle and Phil Wearing completed the rout in a game that was superbly handled by referee Neil Hunnisett.

Altarnun upset another Division One promotion hopeful for the second successive week when beating Pelynt 2-0. The first half was end-to-end with chances for both sides. Altarnun broke the deadlock when Ryan Crabb put Sam Smith through to score. There was still little between the sides in the second half, but Altarnun sealed the points when the Pelynt keeper fumbled a shot and Crabb tapped in.

Biscovey took advantage of slip-ups from their rivals to stretch their lead at the top to ten points after a 2-1 win at Week St.Mary. Nick Isbell and Dale Isbell scored for Biscovey with John Turner claiming the home goal.

Second placed Polperro were held three all at Maker with Rame. Rob Woods scored a brace with Luke Jones also on target for Maker. Colin Wilson replied with a brace and Dave Gilbert added the other visiting goal.

St.Dominick played five sixteen year-old players in their 5-0 defeat of St.Dennis. All the youngsters excelled especially left-back Michael White who had an outstanding game. St.Dennis were down to bare bones but played their part in the match. Jon Savigar scored a brace with Karl Whitehead, Lee Hawkins and Sam Holliday completing the scoring.

Grampound were beaten 4-3 at home to Looe Town in an end-to-end game with the visitor’s getting the winner with the last kick. Grampound were ahead inside five minutes when Lee Budge chased down a long ball and squared for Shane Weeks to score. The lead was short lived as sloppy defensive play allowed Matt Barton to equalise from five yards. Shortly after Looe took the lead when Chris Sykes picked up a loose ball on the edge of the area and fired into the bottom corner. Grampound found some dominance at the start of the second half and equalised from a good header from Will Watson. They then took the lead when Max Varnell was brought down and Weeks scored his second from the spot. Within five minutes Grampound self destructed when a rash challenge presented Looe with a penalty. Dan Riley made a valiant effort to keep out Robbie Spencer’s kick, but the ball just squirmed out of his hand. Weeks was sent off for comments made to the linesman and then the final twist saw Spencer firing a winner into the top corner.

Padstow United are within two points of the Division Two title after gaining emphatic revenge for one of their only two defeats of the season as they thrashed St.Breward 8-0. St Breward started the game with ten men and for the first fifteen minutes kept the home side at bay with some resolute defending and some great saves from their keeper. Padstow finally took the lead when Tom Hull headed in from a corner. Kyle Tippett made it two soon after, and it looked as if the home side would be looking to score lots more but St Breward rolled up their sleeves and defended really well plus there was some poor finishing from Padstow. St Breward's cause was not helped when their number 9 had to go off injury following a challenge from the home skipper Rob Rowe. Padstow huffed and puffed but looked unlikely to add to the score until just before half time they added a third through a shot from distance from Jake Charles. Padstow came out for the second half playing very much in the same vain as the first half. They threatened the St Breward goal on many occasions without looking likely to add to the score. Finally Johnny Murt got in on the act and added three more to his tally for the season and goals from Harry Calvesbert & Joe Combellack completed the scoring. With ten minutes to go St Breward were reduced to 8 men when they had a player sent off for speaking out of turn to the referee. This wasn't the greatest game to watch but an important 3 points for Padstow as they look to close in on the title, and a great effort from all the St Breward boys, a credit to their club.

North Petherwin dropped a couple of points in their challenge when held two all at Boscastle. Jason Seldon and Matt Jolliffe scored for Boscastle with Jim Werren getting a brace for the visitor’s.

Foxhole beat Premier Sixes by the odd goal in seven. Sam Leaney and Jamie Robinson scored a brace apiece for the hosts with Karl Olander replying with a brace and Martyn Probert added the other Sixes goal.

LC Phoenix had a knock to their Division Three title hopes when held one all at home by third placed Holywell/Cubert Athletic. Nathan Cox scored for Phoenix with Simon Holmes replying.

St.Minver took advantage to stretch their lead to three points after two Jason Northcott goals gave them a 2-0 win over Welcome Inn.

Roche kept alive hopes of avoiding relegation with a second win of the season as they beat third from bottom Tregony 4-2. Chris Coad, Richard Higgins, Luke Truscott and Scott Harris scored for Roche with both Tregony goals being put in by Roche players for own goals.

Another relegation threatened side had a good day as Camelford beat Delabole 3-2. Jamie Burnett scored a brace with Craig Thompson completing the home tally. Tim Harris and Jordan Blanchard replied.

Two clubs just above the bottom three also won. Callington Town beat St.Stephen 5-2 with Kieran Prescott hitting a hat trick and Jordan Swinney a brace. Jason Prynne and Dean Yelland replied for St.Stephen.

Lanivet Inn also had a good win with Sam Goodswen and Jason Willis scoring in the 2-1 defeat of Stoke Climsland. Ryan Allen replied for Stoke.

North Hill increased the pressure at the top of Division Four with a 5-0 defeat of Pensilva reserves. Talisker Donahue scored a brace with Chris Rockell, Jason Ridgment and Chris Butter adding a goal apiece.

Lifton stay in the race after their 3-2 win at Gunnislake reserves where Gavin Ellacott hit a brace. Dan O’Donovan was the other Lifton score with Kieran Jasper and Glenn Tremblett replying.

Tintagel beat Wadebridge Town 4-3. This was an excellent game with Wadebridge proving the slightly better side in the first half. Aaron White hit a hat trick for the visitors, but they were still only level at the break. The second half featured far fewer chances, but the vital one was hit home to give Tintagel the points. Shaun Keeble and Adam Wright scored a brace apiece for the hosts.

A depleted St.Teath team belied their position at the bottom with a sensational one all draw at Gorran. Expecting a tough time they were fortunate to also find that Gorran were missing

five of their regular players. Gorran went ahead after five minutes through Sam Burr’s well-taken goal. Both sides found the ball difficult to control on an unusually firm, dry pitch. A spirited St.Teath harassed the home team throughout preventing Gorran from playing their brand of football with the ball spending much time in the air. A succession of corners paid dividends for St.Teath who equalised through Dan Edwards with a quarter of an hour remaining. Gorran’s Guy Widdows might well have notched a winner for his side in the last moments of the game when a touch to a goal-line cross would have sent the ball into an empty net, but the ball bobbled over his boot and the game ended all square.

St.Columb Major reserves went back to second in Division Five after beating Pelynt reserves 6-1. Dean Dingle hit a brace with Josh Turner, Jamie Tipton, Craig Hayes and Luke Worrall getting a goal apiece.

Sam Stockdale scored a hat trick as North Petherwin reserves won 6-1 at Boscastle reserves. Scott Crichton, Scott Baker and Glenn Charnock with a first of the season completed the visitor’s tally with Dean Favreau hitting the home consolation.

St Minver reserves traveled to St.Newlyn East reserves running out 3-0 winners. They went 2-0 up at half time with Darren Lang hitting the first, followed by a Ryan Butler strike. Darren Lang added a third in the second half. Newlyn had their chances to score but never really tested the St Minver keeper, and in the end the visitor’s could have won by more but failed to finish on the day.

Duke of Cornwall slumped 5-1 at home to Southgate seniors. Mark Nagle scored the home consolation.

The shock of the day came in the KMD Developments Knock Out Cup quarter-final where Pensilva upset Premier high-flyers Saltash United 3-2. Martin Putt gave Pensilva a tenth minute lead after good work from Jon Filbey. Saltash equalised five minutes later when Ryan Tetley rounded the keeper to roll the ball home. This was a feisty derby with some heavy tackling, and it was the visitors who went in front on the stroke of half time when Tetley scored his second from a tight angle. The game changed with the introduction of Sam Rogers from the subs bench. He equalised from a tight angle in the seventieth minute and then gave the Division One side the upset victory when he beat four players with neat footwork in the box before firing home.

Division One also upset the Premier Division in the other remaining quarter-final with Godolphin Atlantic beating Probus 3-1. Steve Knowles scored a brace with Jamie McNamee completing the home tally.

St.Merryn have one foot in the Bodmin Sports Trophies League Cup Final after winning their first leg semi-final 3-0 away to Gerrans & St.Mawes United. The margin off the Division Five teams victory over a side from Division Two comes as a surprise, but underlines the quality throughout many divisions of the league. Ashley Rescorla scored a brace with Chris Allen adding a further goal.

Having played against St Minver Res for St Newlyn East Res yesterday, I thought the game was played in good spirits and your team seemed a really decent bunch of lads on the whole. However I do want to mention the young lad who came on as a sub for the last 10-15 mins (he wore number 8 I think). Despite being 3-0 up, I don't think I've ever known such an angry young player before. All he did was show dissent to the ref and argue and was massively disrespectful to the home team even going up to one of the home team players saying 'you look like you've got downs'. This was actually said twice by him! If he said this to someone who maybe had a close relative or maybe even a child with this condition, well, lets say I don't think it would have been too pretty. I even noticed some of his own players shaking their heads at him. I really don't think this kind of attitude has any place at any level of football! I noticed the referee having a word with him about his conduct after the game so I hope the lad in question took heed of what he was told. Such a shame as the rest of the team seemed a genuinely decent bunch - and some really good players too, especially your number 6 who scored 2 of your goals! Good luck for the rest of the season boys!

Great day for Minver both teams winning, 1st team win promotion, 2nd team still in the hunt. only sad thing today was my mistake "sorry Chris".

Well done Padstow, looks like 1 better than last season Promotion as Champion, great achievement.

Duchy 2

Padstow 8 0 St Breward

H/T 3-0

Not quite there yet Keith - we need 2 more points from 3 games to be sure of being promoted as league winners.

Not taking anything for granted just yet!!