Cornwall Football Forum

St Dennis AFC v Sticker FC 02/04/2013, 6.15pm KO.

Would have hardly called that assault lol, anyway back on the topic. I thought the ref was way out of his depth last night, we also had him against Newquay home in the senior cup were again he was poor. 2 big, fighsty, physical games where there were alot of chanllenges flying in, felt these games needed a ref with more experience and who was not easily intimidated, which last night he was.

The game it self, was the way they always have been against sticker, alot of mates on the pitch between the two sides, but during the game a lot of banter and hard tackles, the way it should be in a derby game.

David Rickard junior was sent off with 5 mins to play and rightly so... But the ref failed to see the head butt planted on him before he swang at the young lad, muzz got a red, the lad got a yellow, if the ref didn't see the young lad do anything then why present him with a yellow?? Was a confusing decision from him.

I myself and Ryan hayhurst was lucky to stay on the pitch, both getting a little carried away and caught up in the tempo and fighstiness of the game. But these were all decisions the ref wasn't confident on, felt alot got let go in the game because he looked a little scared to do anything about it, (until last 5 mins, when every1 got on his back)

Not having a dig at the ref just my opinion about the opintment of the ref in big games like I've mentioned.

Felt we deserved the result in the end, Ryan holland was called into action alot more times then bill, with Ryan pulling off 4-5 good saves to keep sticker from conceeding more then 1. Sticker keep the ball well but there wasn't really any end product to their game. A hard side to break down but balls out wide to Carl and browner cut them open at the back and we always looked dangerous going forward.

The penalty came from a bit of a lunge from Ralphy on myself catching me as I pushed the ball passed him, a needless tackle to make from such a experienced centre half as I was going away from goal.

Up stepped Carl Ricks to drill the ball with some pace underneath Ryan holland who should have felt he should have saved it.

From this point, sticker tried to push for a equaliser but not alot coming from attacks, with our back 4 (Cj, perry, muzzy, Scott brown) all defending tremendously, especially perry and muzz, they won everything in the air and were controlled as a pair.

What bewildered me was that sticker left there top scorer, Liam Dingle on the bench, in a game like this surly you would want a player like that on the pitch. ! Just my opinion, obviously if there was something behind it then fair play, but just confused me why he didn't start. He came on the last 30 mins and caused us more problems then kitsy did for 60.

Anyway, happy with the 3 points, which takes us to unbeaten in 7 :-)

Very honest assessment Lee. You were right with the red cards as I had the game finishing 8v10 if the ref had done his job. Why appoint such a young and weak referee to a local derby that is likely to be competitive. Good entertainment for the neutral though best 3 quid I've spent in a long time.good luck to both sides for the rest of the season. Both could challenge for 4th with a bit of luck

Would have hardly called that assault lol, anyway back on the topic. I thought the ref was way out of his depth last night, we also had him against Newquay home in the senior cup were again he was poor. 2 big, fighsty, physical games where there were alot of chanllenges flying in, felt these games needed a ref with more experience and who was not easily intimidated, which last night he was.

The game it self, was the way they always have been against sticker, alot of mates on the pitch between the two sides, but during the game a lot of banter and hard tackles, the way it should be in a derby game.

David Rickard junior was sent off with 5 mins to play and rightly so... But the ref failed to see the head butt planted on him before he swang at the young lad, muzz got a red, the lad got a yellow, if the ref didn't see the young lad do anything then why present him with a yellow?? Was a confusing decision from him.

I myself and Ryan hayhurst was lucky to stay on the pitch, both getting a little carried away and caught up in the tempo and fighstiness of the game. But these were all decisions the ref wasn't confident on, felt alot got let go in the game because he looked a little scared to do anything about it, (until last 5 mins, when every1 got on his back)

Not having a dig at the ref just my opinion about the opintment of the ref in big games like I've mentioned.

Felt we deserved the result in the end, Ryan holland was called into action alot more times then bill, with Ryan pulling off 4-5 good saves to keep sticker from conceeding more then 1. Sticker keep the ball well but there wasn't really any end product to their game. A hard side to break down but balls out wide to Carl and browner cut them open at the back and we always looked dangerous going forward.

The penalty came from a bit of a lunge from Ralphy on myself catching me as I pushed the ball passed him, a needless tackle to make from such a experienced centre half as I was going away from goal.

Up stepped Carl Ricks to drill the ball with some pace underneath Ryan holland who should have felt he should have saved it.

From this point, sticker tried to push for a equaliser but not alot coming from attacks, with our back 4 (Cj, perry, muzzy, Scott brown) all defending tremendously, especially perry and muzz, they won everything in the air and were controlled as a pair.

What bewildered me was that sticker left there top scorer, Liam Dingle on the bench, in a game like this surly you would want a player like that on the pitch. ! Just my opinion, obviously if there was something behind it then fair play, but just confused me why he didn't start. He came on the last 30 mins and caused us more problems then kitsy did for 60.

Anyway, happy with the 3 points, which takes us to unbeaten in 7 :-)