St. Teath 1 - 3 St. Cleer Reserves

Fifth Division
Duke of Cornwall 0 - 5 St. Merryn
North Petherwin Reserves 1 - 4 Veryan
Pelynt Reserves 2 - 3 St. Mawgan Reserves
St. Columb Major Reserves 4 - 4 Southgate
St. Minver Reserves 4 - 2 Tregrehan Mills
St. Newlyn East Reserves 2 - 1 Boscastle Reserves

As manager of Calstock I haven't actually seen the pith this weekend bu a qualified referee checked it this morning.

We had a full team ready to go for our usual beating and I can guarentee we want a many games played as possible to get this darn season over and done with!

As for the pitch, we let a bike show use our pith every year upon the agreement that they leave it as they found it, however they did not, it was left as a bog an it has caused the drainage system to fail so if the river level is high (which it is) ad we have any rail it soon floods.

The chairman works very hard to get games played borrowing pitches where possible, sadly fixtures went against us today. Plus we didn't fancy the long treck to st Austell for another beating, hence why we have not reversed the fixture.

If people have a problem with the calstock issues please feel free to take it up with the league, but we do all we can to compete in the league we have been PUT in, without being slated for problems out of our hands.

Sounds a bit suspect. Wonder which referee called that. As mentioned one day of rain following a big dry spell which was needed but I don't think you can say its from all the previous rain

I don't think it's suspect at all- Calstock have a notoriously wet pitch, prone to flooding throughout the year. If there's a lot of water sitting beneath the surface (despite the dry spell, which doesn't count for much with a pitch like their's) then a heavy shower can bring it up.

I can't think of any teams wanted to delay the season in March. We're all getting tired now.

As manager of Calstock I haven't actually seen the pith this weekend bu a qualified referee checked it this morning.

We had a full team ready to go for our usual beating and I can guarentee we want a many games played as possible to get this darn season over and done with!

As for the pitch, we let a bike show use our pith every year upon the agreement that they leave it as they found it, however they did not, it was left as a bog an it has caused the drainage system to fail so if the river level is high (which it is) ad we have any rail it soon floods.

The chairman works very hard to get games played borrowing pitches where possible, sadly fixtures went against us today. Plus we didn't fancy the long treck to st Austell for another beating, hence why we have not reversed the fixture.

If people have a problem with the calstock issues please feel free to take it up with the league, but we do all we can to compete in the league we have been PUT in, without being slated for problems out of our hands.

Well said- some people just need to find new hobbies like UFO sightings.

Guest cescfab_4

Torpoint Athletic 5-1 St Newlyn East

Graham O'Neill (4), Sam Trethewey with the goals for the home side. An extremely dubious penelty given to the Saints. Under they were missing a few today. Wish them the best for the rest of the season.

LC Phoenix 6 - Welcome Inn 0

A good win for Phoenix who scored some very good goals and this sets them up well for the top of the league clash vs St Minver next week.

Welcome Inn were a good bunch of guys who played in a very sporting manner, am looking forward to going to theirs later in the season.

Ref was also very good. A bit quiet , but very good.

Have to agree your game planned worked, we really struggled to score past that parked bus, full credit to you though if a point is what you wanted thats what you got, we hit the post and the cross bar plus 4 goal lined clearences from your parked bus, was dan cheadle your keeper? if it was i would have to agree with that due to him making 4 top draw saves. Pensilva goalscorer Martyn Putt

Pensilva 1-1 Godolphin

A decent away point for an under-strengthened G team. We stuck to our game plan and walked away with honors even.

Ben Colquhoun with the away goal with Dan Cheadle claiming the Man of the Match.

P6 4-5 Padstow United
1-0, 1-1, 2-1, HT 3-1, 3-2, 4-2, 4-3, 4-4, 4-5

A cracking game with Padstow benefiting from the P6 shuffling their back 4 around at 4-2 which back fired in style (If we had kept starting 11 on rather than giving the boys on the bench a run out I think we may have seen the game out). Pete Ling could have won it for us at 4-2 but fired wide of an open goal from 5 yards. Padstow simply unplayable from set plays.

Foxhole 0 v 0 North Petherwin

Good competitive & well spirited game from start to finish, with Foxes keeper Dave Pendleton making some cracking saves to keep it 0-0.

The game was also reffed superbly by Paul Cackett.

Good Luck to North Petherwin for the rest of the season.

P6 4-5 Padstow United

A cracking game with Padstow benefiting from the P6 shuffling their back 4 around at 4-2 which back fired in style (If we had kept starting 11 on rather than giving the boys on the bench a run out I think we may have seen the game out). Pete Ling could have won it for us at 4-2 but fired wide of an open goal from 5 yards. Padstow simply unplayable from set plays.

Great game today.

We were not at our best in the first half and had difficulty getting to grips with the bounce.

Your lads played really well though and caused us all sorts of problems..

I think its the first time this season we have been second best during 45 minutes of football!

Thought we were much better in the second half though & created some good opportunities in the first 10 minutes of the half

and deserved to get back to 2 each.

We defended poorly at times but take nothing way from your lads who scored some good goals.

I would agree at 4-2 if your guy had of taken the chance it would have been mission impossible for us, however he didn't.

I think getting our third so quickly after you scored your fourth gave us a big lift.

Even at 4-2 I thought we could get something out of the game.

We were good at set pieces

It could have easily ended up 10 a piece!!

Felt sorry for you're guys as you certainly deserved to get something from the game.

I know it's no consolation but it's the first time this season our keeper has picked up the MOM award!!

We have a great team spirit & attitude and don't give in easily.

I thought we showed great character to get the result.

I thought the ref, Darryn Bragg had an excellent game and I would have said the same no matter what the result.

I spoke to him at the end of the game and he stated that it was the best game he had reffed all season.

Good luck in the 'local' derby in a few weeks and hope you get the result you're after.

LC Phoenix 6 Welcome Inn 0

Launceston College Phoenix showed their Duchy 3 title credentials with a superb six goal thrashing of Welcome Inn. Phoenix, who've been less than convincing lately, set the tone early in the first half when Nathan Cox's free kick was nudged in by man of the match Shaun Cox. Dan Castle and Leon Fowler kept the Phoenix engine running by sweeping up matters in the middle of the field. Matt Brookes then scored a second with a smart chip after some clinical Phoenix passing. Brookes claimed his second of the game just before half time when he rose from another Nathan Cox corner to head the ball goalward.

Phoenix never took their foot off the pedal and continued to dominate matters when Shaun Cox grabbed his brace after collecting the ball in the Welcome Inn area, losing his marker and cooly finishing. Jon Bye found himself on the end of a Matt Brookes strike to tip the ball in the net with the aid of his knee-cap. Skipper Nathan Cox, who led by example for the entire 90 minutes, then smashed in a half volley in the dying minutes of the game to wrap up a Phoenix performance full of purpose and positivity.

A big thanks to Welcome Inn who never let their heads drop, and showed good sporstmanship throughout the game.

The White Hart Hotel Man of the Match Award: Shaun Cox- his perfomance and drive, especially in the second half, pushed Phoenix on.

Duchy 5

St Newlyn East Res 2 Boscastle 1

St Newlyn East came from behind to win this 6 pointer! Home team goals by Dan Mitchel and Dave Kent.

very even game today boscastle had three players out to be fair and hit the upright twice and right at the death should have got a deserved equaliser but for some last ditch defending plus st newlyn had atleast 1 1st teamer playing today but nice friendly game no bad tackles but alot of foul throws

JJ Jones Duchy Football League from Michael Newcombe

Saltash United went back on top of the Premier Division after a 5-2 victory at Probus. They were four up by half time, but the host’s put in a spirited second half fight-back to make the final score more respectable. Lewis Fedrick scored a brace for Saltash with Josh Fairweather, Craig Butler and Tony Jane completing their tally. Probus replied with goals from Alex Hayhoe and Dan Vincent.

Fowey United stay in contention of retaining their crown after defeating St.Columb Major 5-2. Anthony Hillman scored a brace with Jamie Martin, Josh Frampton and Steve Wheatley adding further goals. Adam Weller scored a brace for the visitor’s.

St.Cleer surely secured their status for next season, defeating Bodmin Saints 4-1. Charlie Coates scored his first goal for the club to give them the lead and after Scott Corson was brought down in the box, James Colwill hit home the penalty kick to double the lead. Shaun German pulled a goal back for Saints, but Alex Isted restored the two-goal advantage when he scored from a corner. Coated scored his second near the end to complete the win.

Division One leaders Biscovey beat third placed Pelynt 3-1 to take a big step towards promotion. Biscovey started well, but came unstuck after fifteen minutes when Billy Tedder-Hart put the visitors ahead direct from a corner. Biscovey were affected by this and took time to settle, but a good run from Frankie McAvoy before the break led to a ball that Steve Mooney forced home from close range for the equaliser. Biscovey were much better after half time and dominated the game with Jay Isbell and Alex Woodwork scoring to earn them a vital win.

There was more frustration for Pensilva after being held to another draw, 1-1 by Godolphin Atlantic. The host’s Jon Filbey had a shot cleared off the line in the third minute and then three minutes later Pensilva were a goal down when Ben Colquhoun was put through to score. Pensilva hit a post and the crossbar before eventually equalising in the forty-second minute when Jack Penhaligon set up Martin Putt to score. Pensilva controlled the second half with Godolphin largely on the defensive. The visitor’s keeper made a brave save early in the second half at Zak Peel’s feet, and from then on saw stout defence deny Pensilva a winner.

Honours ended even between Altarnun and Looe Town after a one all draw. An evenly fought first half sprung into life just before half time when after a run from halfway the ball was squared for Luke Lane to give Looe the lead. The second half saw chances at both ends with Altarnun earning a point after Tom Goslin put in Stuart Cole to score.

St.Dennis earned three crucial points to aid their relegation fight and more than likely condemned Gunnislake to the drop after a 5-0 victory. Paul Rowe scored a brace with Dan Allen, Gary Tippett and Stuart Bell adding a goal apiece.

A brace apiece from Steve Paull and Lee Hawkins gave St.Dominick a 4-1 success. The host’s who were down to bare bones in players available replied through Rob Pearce.

Maker with Rame and Grampound fought out a one all draw with Zak Rosen scoring the home goal.

Division Two leaders Padstow United staged an incredible late fight-back to gain a 5-4 at Premier Sixes. Joe Harvey gave the hosts the lead only for Johnny Murt to head an equaliser. Martyn Probert restored the home lead before the break and a second from Harvey after the restart had Sixes in a comfortable lead. Kyle Tippett pulled a goal back for Padstow, but then Probert scored his second to put Sixes 4-2 up. With just thirteen minutes remaining and after using the bench, Sixes gave away a poor free kick and Cameron Wickens reduced the arrears. Another needless free kick saw Murt power heading in an equaliser and with the momentum firmly behind them, Richard McOwen fired in a winner.

Foxhole and North Petherwin fought out a goalless draw to fall further behind Padstow.

Sticker went up to fourth after goals from Alex Keast, Ollie Clark, Jack Brokenshire and Bradley Hoskin gave them a 4-1 win at Queens Rangers. Nathan Johns scored the home consolation.

Lostwithiel suffered a surprise 3-2 home defeat to Gerrans &St.Mawes United. Kai Stone and Lee Collins scored for Lostwithiel, but goals from Andy Ayre, a Glynn Hitchings penalty and a Sam Glanville goal eases the visitor’s relegation fears.

Boscastle’s 5-0 defeat of St.Breward leaves the visitor’s just above the relegation zone. Martin Seldon, Nathan Gessex, Andy Terry, Jon Bosley and Nick Lawson were the home scorer’s.

AFC Bodmin were held three all by bottom club Lanreath. Matt Hooper scored a brace for Bodmin with Andy Stevens completing their total. Lanreath replied with a Ray Clarke brace and an Andy Livingstone goal.

LC Phoenix hit Welcome Inn for six to maintain their Division Three title quest. There was a brace apiece for Shaun Cox and Matt Brookes with Nathan Cox and John Bye completing the rout.

Leaders St.Minver faced a difficult trip to Holywell/Cubert Athletic, but a two-goal success with James Northcott getting both goals keeps them firmly on top of the table.

At the other ended of the table Camelford halted Callington Town’s recent revival with a 1-0 away win, which helps their own relegation fight. Scott Percy, newly signed from Bude, scored the only goal.

Tregony also helped their cause with a fine 3-0 defeat of Delabole United. Kieran Davey scored a brace with his brother Aaron getting the remaining goal.

Matt Spry scored a hat trick as St.Stephen won 3-1 at Roche to leave the host team well adrift at the bottom.

North Hill beat Lifton 1-0 to take a giant step towards the Division Four title with Jason Ridgment getting the only goal against their third-placed opponents.

St.Neot consolidated second place with a fine 5-3 defeat of fellow promotion hopefuls Mevagissey reserves. Richard James gave Mevagissey the lead, but two goals apiece from Dan Chapman and Adam Gregory either side of half time put St.Neot in control. Mevagissey raised their game and strikes from James and Ryan Morcom suddenly put the result in the balance. Chapman settled home nerves with a hat trick goal to secure the points.

Richard Dunstan scored a brace for Wadebridge in a 6-3 win at Gunnislake reserves. Rob Centini, Nathan Osborne and Jack Lawrence completed the visitor’s scoring with Jamie Thomas and Simon Skinner replying.

Jack Bray-Smith again proved he is one of the best players in this division with four of Gorran’s five goals as they beat Torpoint Comrades 5-3. Stuart Rowe was the other Gorran scorer with Matt Hulcoop, Steve O’Shaughnessy and Richard Gibson replying.

St.Teath looked doomed to relegation after losing 1-3 at home to next to bottom St.Cleer reserves. Dan Edwards scored for St.Teath with Tom Bennett, Jordan Dennis and Dave Williams hitting the visitor’s goals.

Veryan moved closer to the Division Five title following a 4-1 at North Petherwin reserves. Charlie Mooney scored a brace with Bobby Lee Johns and Olly Young adding a brace apiece to keep the comfortable gap they enjoy at the top. Petherwin’s leading scorer Sam Stockdale scored the host’s consolation.

St.Columb Major reserves slipped two points further back after being held 4-4 at home by Southgate Seniors. Luke Worrall scored a brace with Simon Mitchell and Jamie Tipton completing the home scoring.

St.Minver reserves were four up at half time at home to Tregrehan Mills, but had to face a good comeback from the visitor’s after the break that reduced the final score to 4-2. Kelvin Hayes scored his first goal for St.Minver since his recent transfer with Ryan Butler adding a brace and Ben Cleave making a run from the half way line to score the fourth. A fine fight back saw Diogo Reis and Davide Simoes reduce the arrears.

St.Mawgan reserves twice came from behind to win 3-2 at Pelynt reserves. Darren Allum, Kevin Pearce and Luke Haynes scored for St.Mawgan with Chris Reade and Alex Rice replying.

St.Newlyn East reserves are off the bottom after a third win. They beat Boscastle reserves 2-1 with Dan Mitchell and Dave Kent on target. Nev Turner scored the Boscastle goal.

Duke of Cornwall now drop to the basement after a 5-0 home defeat by St.Merryn. Richard Hughes cored a hat trick with Connor Wilden and Ashley Rescorla completing the rout.

I can vouch for this man...I live in the village of Calstock and Akos Bubacksy is not talking out his arse! I don’t know the Akos in anyway or form.

We down at Gunnislake have the same problem with our pitch we have played on it 4 times this season (and we have two teams). With the two teams playing every week, we use st anns pitch... But using st anns pitch every week makes it hard for calstock to get games as they use st anns as and when we are not using it. Locally there are not many pitches. For example if calstock popped across to bere alston-they have two teams so every week the pitch is being used. Same as us down at Gunnislake, where else can they play their home matches? Suggestions?

AKOS I would ignore half these people as they seem to want to s**t stir. The same people were starting a war with me earlier in the season because I called a match off. I think people need to understand that there is nothing we can do if a pitch is unplayable. Not only that we have (im sure calstock have too) asked the council to help to make these pitches playable by putting drainage or other forms. But they won’t. Clubs like us are small, have a small amount of money in the bank. Im sure if we were all millionaires we would have top of the range gear for u all to use.

Get with the times people...except a decision and move on...don’t rant on here. If you didn’t u wouldn’t get idiots like me ranting back!! Simples!

I understand the issues calstock have with there pitch and flooding and with the bike I have seen the pitch this season and the bike show really did leave it in a mess which is very unfortunate .. Always frustrating games being called off when the weather on the day turns out to be ideal football weather .. Lets hope the rain drys up and we can eventually play our fixture at calstock before the end of the season

Totally agree with your last point. LC Phoenix had to call off a home game a few weeks ago, and from the response of some conspiracy theory posters on here, you'd have thought we'd been involved in the assassination of JFK. One guy even claimed we deliberately stacked up our home games for the end of the season because playing 5 games in two weeks somehow benefits us over our opponents!

I can vouch for this man...I live in the village of Calstock and Akos Bubacksy is not talking out his arse! I don’t know the Akos in anyway or form.

We down at Gunnislake have the same problem with our pitch we have played on it 4 times this season (and we have two teams). With the two teams playing every week, we use st anns pitch... But using st anns pitch every week makes it hard for calstock to get games as they use st anns as and when we are not using it. Locally there are not many pitches. For example if calstock popped across to bere alston-they have two teams so every week the pitch is being used. Same as us down at Gunnislake, where else can they play their home matches? Suggestions?

AKOS I would ignore half these people as they seem to want to s**t stir. The same people were starting a war with me earlier in the season because I called a match off. I think people need to understand that there is nothing we can do if a pitch is unplayable. Not only that we have (im sure calstock have too) asked the council to help to make these pitches playable by putting drainage or other forms. But they won’t. Clubs like us are small, have a small amount of money in the bank. Im sure if we were all millionaires we would have top of the range gear for u all to use.

Get with the times people...except a decision and move on...don’t rant on here. If you didn’t u wouldn’t get idiots like me ranting back!! Simples!

P6 4-5 Padstow United

Great game today.

We were not at our best in the first half and had difficulty getting to grips with the bounce.

I think its the first time this season we have been second best during 45 minutes of football!

Thought we were much better in the second half though & created some good opportunities in the first 10 minutes of the half

We defended poorly at times but take nothing way from your lads who scored some good goals.

I would agree at 4-2 if your guy had of taken the chance it would have been mission impossible for us, however he didn't.

I think getting our third so quickly after you scored your fourth gave us a big lift.

Felt sorry for you're guys as you certainly deserved to get something from the game.

I know it's no consolation but it's the first time this season our keeper has picked up the MOM award!!

I thought the ref, Darryn Bragg had an excellent game and I would have said the same no matter what the result.

I spoke to him at the end of the game and he stated that it was the best game he had reffed all season.

Good luck in the 'local' derby in a few weeks and hope you get the result you're after.

I'm still reflecting on the game and can't believe we lost! Minimum we deserved was a draw. But hey when you make subs which change the formation like we did against a team like you guys it's going to bite and it did!

It was a great game, physical and good football from both. That was first time all season we have been able to put out our first 11 so hopefully we can finish the season strong.

For me you are the best side we've played and who I've gone to watch inc prem sides so you will be strong in the next division up. Other than 1 gob sh*te (lol) you were all a decent bunch of lads which softened the blow.

You're keeper was immense, like a whippet off his line and saved you a few times being so quick.

Agree on the Ref, thought we was good though I don't know how he didn't spot your player pushing the ball in to the net with his hand for your first! Didn't change course of the game so don't have any complaints and he managed it well.

Good luck and title in the bag and deserved.

Duchy 5

St Newlyn East came from behind to win this 6 pointer! Home team goals by Dan Mitchel and Dave Kent.

very even game today boscastle had three players out to be fair and hit the upright twice and right at the death should have got a deserved equaliser but for some last ditch defending plus st newlyn had atleast 1 1st teamer playing today but nice friendly game no bad tackles but alot of foul throws

No 1st teamers in there yesterday! We were missing 6 so couldn't afford to drop anyone! Plus we nicked a couple off them! Heard the highlight of the game was 4 foul throws in a row, 2 by each team!!

Duchy 5

No 1st teamers in there yesterday! We were missing 6 so couldn't afford to drop anyone! Plus we nicked a couple off them! Heard the highlight of the game was 4 foul throws in a row, 2 by each team!!

Must have been devil reffing for all them foul throws?

Thanks for the support guys, especially A.Brown.

I would love to play on bere alstons pitch but havin managed there the committee would never allow it, so the only other option is stoke climsland and that pitch is used for a lot of cup games.

I was not having a go at people, but after the season we have had I don't see how we would gain any advantage.

Good luck to everyone for the rest of the season!

North Petherwin Res 1- 4

Bobbylee Johns

Charlie Mooney 2

Ollie Young

Good game played in the right way all the best to petherwin for the rest of the season

also like to say a big thank you to charlie mooney who played his last game yesterday as he has joined a stunt riding display team (only spooney would do such a thing ) top lad 22 goals u will be missed

Duchy 5

Yep! :)

Haha. He is brilliant. Foul someone, its ok. Swear and your off.

He was telling me once he got a lift to a game with the away side he was reffing in. After the game they wouldn't give him a lift back and just left him there. I assume he didn't do a great job.

P6 4-5 Padstow United

Great game today.

I'm still reflecting on the game and can't believe we lost! Minimum we deserved was a draw. But hey when you make subs which change the formation like we did against a team like you guys it's going to bite and it did!

It was a great game, physical and good football from both. That was first time all season we have been able to put out our first 11 so hopefully we can finish the season strong.

For me you are the best side we've played and who I've gone to watch inc prem sides so you will be strong in the next division up. Other than 1 gob sh*te (lol) you were all a decent bunch of lads which softened the blow.

You're keeper was immense, like a whippet off his line and saved you a few times being so quick.

Agree on the Ref, thought we was good though I don't know how he didn't spot your player pushing the ball in to the net with his hand for your first! Didn't change course of the game so don't have any complaints and he managed it well.

Good luck and title in the bag and deserved.

I'v got a good idea on the way you are feeling!

We totally outplayed St Breward in the first game of the season and even now I can't believe we lost.

It was like a game of attack v defence!!

Even their manager commented at the end of the game he had no idea how they had beat us!!

Thanks for the comments about our team.

We have a long way to go yet but I think we are on the right track.

I think we need strengthening in a couple of positions but I'm working on that!

As for the 1 gob sh*te I think most teams have one!

I was to far away to actually see how the ball ended up in the net for our first goal so I can't really comment.

I was just happy to see it go in! (Sounding like on of the managers off the TV!!)

Not counting our chickens just yet!

Need to keep playing with the same attitude and spirit in the last 6 games and if we do we will take some stopping!

Good luck to you boys and hope you can keep the same squad for your remaining games.

Cheers

Have to agree your game planned worked, we really struggled to score past that parked bus, full credit to you though if a point is what you wanted thats what you got, we hit the post and the cross bar plus 4 goal lined clearences from your parked bus, was dan cheadle your keeper? if it was i would have to agree with that due to him making 4 top draw saves. Pensilva goalscorer Martyn Putt

Pensilva 1-1 Godolphin

A decent away point for an under-strengthened G team. We stuck to our game plan and walked away with honors even.

Ben Colquhoun with the away goal with Dan Cheadle claiming the Man of the Match.

No it was our young centre back that our manager gave the MOM to, even though Bezza did pull off a few good saves for us. We were missing a few of our key players and had to play a couple of lads out of their usual positions.

We obviously turned up to win the game but thought we'd be realistic and sit off abit and try and catch you on the break which worked for my first goal and nearly did a couple more times in the first half hadn't it have been for the big lad at the back making a couple of last ditch tackles on me. But yea we weren't disappointed with the result. It was always going to be a tight game. We've got the best defensive record in the league and I think you boys have one of the best attacks. I think you'll see a completley different set-up in the reverse fixture though. I'm looking forward to that one.

Cheers for the grub afterwards by the way, bleddy ansome pasties! :c:

Duchy 5

Yep! :)

He is an awesome ref. He once booked me for smiling at our centre half, but let a late, two footed tackle on me go because I managed to avoid breaking my leg ( not his exact words, but if you know the guy you can imagine the language used ) I think he was trying to welcome me to Junior football :/