Cornwall Football Forum

The Great Big Footy Quiz - hosted by yours truly

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Just a reminder that The Judge will be in charge of proceedings on the night, so plenty of entertainment guaranteed ! Players and fans of all clubs are welcome to enter, I understand Anita is trying to drag some up from Perranporth before hitting the fleshpots of town.

Free entry, cash prizes to be won and the chance to see who is a real 'anorak'

I know Anita but me and Andrew will already be there :drink::clapper::yahoo::P Female quizzers are always welcome if you want to bring some more of the fairer s e x , especially as I will have beer goggles on a bit later so not too many will be safe and may get given a clue or two :thumbsup::clapper::drink::yahoo:

I know a mailman who can translate tattoos :ninja:

Right I'm off to finish writing the questions for the picture round !

Guest Peppermint

Just interested to hear how the quiz went. Perhaps The Judge could enlighten us. Perhaps he is still celebrating Newquay's win yesterday. Well done to the Peppermints on their first win of the season.

It was ok Peppermint. Would of been nice if more members/players/committee members turned up :angry2: The Judge tried to do something good for the club and got no support, shame on them.

Well done to the few players who did turn up with thier girlfriends :clapper:

I had fun, but then again i did have a few too many drinks so you could of put me in a room on my own and i would of had fun :yahoo:

Well done to the Judge :drink: :clapper:

Yes many thanks to all those who did turn up, I know holding such an event on a Bank Holiday weekend was not ideal but there was nothing planned in the clubhouse, so any entertainment was better than none at all.

My thanks to Anitas' mum who rushed around to get raffle prizes and Hodgy who donated t-shirts and caps. Thanks also to all those who cajoled everyone into buying tickets, I have no idea how much was raised in total but heard it was a fair amount and that some people were actually pleased with it !

Well done to the winning team who included Andy East and John Hawkey, £30 cash to them and well done to the unnamed player who won the winner takes all picture quiz (you know who you are - thanks for joining in). Newquays new found fans from Hampshire (a strange mix of Pompey and Saints) who bought replica shirts turned up as did Peppermints fans now living in Barnsley.

I will email anyone with the main 25 question quiz next week if you wish to email me at newquayafc@gmail.com, I am about to go offline for a few days whilst a new 'puter is put in and I argue about this awful broadband connection.

Newquay AFC Combo v Perranporth - Weds 7.30pm Mount Wise

Porthleven v Newquay AFC SWPL - Sat 2.45pm Gala Parc.

It may well do Anita, it may well do !

Never mind, for those who will miss me online, you can catch me at Mount Wise (Weds 7.30pm) dishing it out to the 2 asst refs (Anita and Andrew) and again at Gala Parc for the match of the weekend.....

Missing you already !!!!!