Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy League Results - 23rd February 2013

Thanks to Keith Franks, Fixtures Secretary Duchy League

KMD Developments Duchy Knockout Cup Round 2
St. Dennis (1) 0 - 2 AFC St. Austell (P)

Premier Division
Bodmin Saints N / R Saltash United
Fowey United 2 - 4 Mevagissey
Lamerton P - P Calstock
St. Mawgan 0 - 2 St. Newlyn East
Torpoint Athletic 4 - 0 Probus

First Division
Altarnun P - P Polperro
Biscovey 3 - 2 Week St. Mary
Gunnislake 2 - 3 Grampound
St. Dominick A 0 - 1 Godolphin Atlantic
Pelynt 10 - 1 Maker with Rame
Pensilva 4 - 4 Looe Town

Second Division
Boscastle 4 - 2 Premier Sixes
Foxhole Stars 0 - 2 Padstow United
Lanreath 0 - 2 Sticker
Lostwithiel 4 - 0 St. Breward
North Petherwin 1 - 2 Queens Rangers

Third Division
Callington Town 6 - 0 Roche
Delabole United 1 - 3 LC Phoenix
Holywell & Cubert 5 - 1 Welcome Inn
St. Minver 6 - 0 Tregony
St. Stephen 3 - 1 Lanivet Inn
Stoke Climsland 2 - 1 Camelford

Fourth Division
Gorran 3 - 2 Lifton
Grampound Reserves 2 - 6 Tintagel
Mevagissey Reserves 5 - 0 Gunnislake Reserves
North Hill 0 - 1 St. Neot
St. Cleer Reserves 1 - 2 Wadebridge Town

Fifth Division
Duke of Cornwall 0 - 4 Veryan
St. Merryn 3 - 2 Tregrehan Mills
St. Newlyn East Reserves 3 - 1 St. Mawgan Reserves
Southgate 0 - 2 St. Minver Reserves

Delabole Utd 1 LC Phoenix 3

Delabole worked hard to almost walk away with a deserved point, thanks to the exceptional hard work of their defence and some superb saves by their excellent goalkeeper. Taking the lead half way through the first half, the Slaters caught Phoenix napping with a quick counter attack. Phoenix puffed and heaved their way into the game and dominated possession for large parts of the half- but were frustratingly denied by a solid Delabole back four and some outstanding saves from the keeper. With little to show until Matt Brookes and Nathan Cox played a neat one-two for Brookes to finish hard and low from just inside the 18 yard box, Phoenix cut a frustrated and frustrating figure.

The second half saw further Phoenix dominance, yet with more chances missed. Then the Phoenix break-through happened in the last minute when Brookes slipped the Delabole right back (who'd had, just like the rest of the Slaters defence, a generally solid game) to chip the ball beyond the keeper to take the lead. The three points almost certainly now won, Phoenix cranked up the pressure with Brookes again beating two players in the area only to be fouled as he squeezed into dangerous space. Skipper Nathan Cox nominated Brookes to take the penalty, which he did with precision. Brookes claimed his hat-trick, Phoenix claimed all three points but Delabole deserved something out of this contest. Indeed, if it hadn't have been for the alertness of Nick Oldaker, the Phoenix 'keeper, Delabole might even have grabbed all three points. It can be cruel- football. Today, Delabole were reminded of that.

The White Hart Hotel Man of the Match Award: Matt Brookes- with the Phoenix attack misfiring, Brookes's hat-trick was warmly welcomed on a cold afternoon.

The referee decided to retire at half time! :D It was a fiery first half... nothing serious, just a good contest between two sides that battle hard. The referee couldn't handle handle it, gave us (Godolphin) a penalty on the stroke of half time which Dom slotted away. The St Dominick players and staff weren't happy with this and made their feelings known when the whistle went for the break. The ref comes into our changing rooms and basically said he's abandoned the game! I heard he said a few other expleted remarks on his way into his car. I personally thought the guy had a complete shocker! Bad referee and to just literally drive off in his car and leave two teams that still wanted a game of football against eachother I thought was a disgrace... I'm normally one to stick up for refs and the job they do but this one's head had gone... :SM_carton: I'm just wondering about the result and whether we get the points or if it has to be replayed due to it being abandoned at half time??? :c:

Foxhole 0 - 2 Padstow

Padstow are a good strong side and wanted this today, Foxhole just didnt turn up again. With Padstow winning 1-0 in the first half, Foxhole were awarded a penalty....sadly the normally reliable Jamie Robinson had a nightmare and basically chipped the ball into the waiting keepers hands and summed us up today.

The second half was a little more even, but Padstows greater desire saw them score a second. But for some tame finishing and some good saves from Dave Pendleton, the score couldve and probably shouldve been more.

Good luck to Padstow, personally cant see them not winning the league now, all the best for next season.

Credit to the ref who I thought had a good game today.

We (Lamerton) did win 1-0 against Plymouth Rangers today after extra time. Horrid game to play in we were not at our best by a long way and the ref was brillient in a game that must have been difficult, i mean she took some stick from rangers but i was horrified to hear a player call her a F---ing B----h a pros-----e and a f---ing H--r! all in one sentnce. should be banned for a long time if not life in my opinion... it truley was disgusting to hear and there is no need of it or place for it on a football pitch.

Dont want to tar all teams from Plymouth with the same brush but we have not had pleasent experiences with any down the years. there truley is some idiots that spoil games for players on the pitch that just want to play football.

Thank the lord for the Duchy League and all the teams in it that are all a pleasure to play against!

We (Lamerton) did win 1-0 against Plymouth Rangers today after extra time. Horrid game to play in we were not at our best by a long way and the ref was brillient in a game that must have been difficult, i mean she took some stick from rangers but i was horrified to hear a player call her a F---ing B----h a pros-----e and a f---ing H--r! all in one sentnce. should be banned for a long time if not life in my opinion... it truley was disgusting to hear and there is no need of it or place for it on a football pitch.

Dont want to tar all teams from Plymouth with the same brush but we have not had pleasent experiences with any down the years. there truley is some idiots that spoil games for players on the pitch that just want to play football.

Thank the lord for the Duchy League and all the teams in it that are all a pleasure to play against!

That is shocking- what a vile little Orc. I hope she reports it. Glad you boys won through, especially when that kind of nonsense is shouted out without any sense of shame.

St.Minver 6 Tregony 0

St Minver were lucky today to field a full squad, with Dan Witts & Mike Kempthore back after injury. Tregony were under the cosh for the first 15-20mins but spirited defending kept them in it, Threres a post on the forum for best goal & Minvers opener by Jason Northcott has to be a contender, he met a peach of a cross with an overhead volley to give Minver the lead. Jason is also a contender for the league Golden boot and enhanced his chance by finding the net 4 times. Dayll Beesley wade in with the other 2. Football is not just about scoring & have to mention Chris Andrews, Dan Haynes,Dan Witts, Sam Cleave & Jason Keatley Who between them have gone 4 Matches, 320mins+ without conceding, a great record at any level. All this being said Devision 3 is still in the balance with LC Phoenix sticking to Minver all the way. It's not just these 2 teams in Division 3 as there are alot games to go & others will I am sure have a say in the final outcome. Great lads Tregony, the Ref Andy Pethick got little wrong. Minver Res. also won 2-0 away to South Gate so a good day for the Club.

Lots of contenders for Sharps Brewery MOTM Joe (Billings) Robinson Got the justified Vote.

Guest cescfab_4

Torpoint 4-0 Probus

A very impressive display from my lads after the past few weeks. Some lovely football played and the score should've exceeded the four stated. Was looking forward to the referee appointment before the game and he did not disappoint. A fantastic game from him and played great advantage for our second goal.

Goalscorers: Smith (P), O'Neill (2), West

Duchy 5

St Newlyn East Res 3 St Mawgan 1

An excellent first half performance from the home team brought the half time score to 2-0. Second half St Mawgan really came at us but Newlyn were resolute in defence and still managed to create chances. 2 wins on the bounce for St Newlyn East 2nds is restoring confidence in the team and with the addtion of a couple of new players recently signed on, the squad are looking much stronger now!

Goals scorers for Newlyn East: Dave Kent, Josh Cooke and an o.g.