Cornwall Football Forum

Guest BenTheYeti

Barely been a drop of rain this week.. obviously the council don't follow the same thinking as most of "just get on with it".. not that they ever have...

Good point Simmo. How many teams have used the pitch as an excuse to call off when not being able to raise a side. That is why a referee should inspect a pitch if a team calls it off themselves. Enough referees in penzance area to inspect both newlyn non athletico and newlyn dolphins although I recognise that cornwall council called newln na. Come clean newlyn dolphins you couldn't raise a side.

I really can't see teams calling it off due to lack of players, our pitch at queens today even thou its been dry for a few days woz horrible to play on but the boys are itching to play, in general most teams have the same issues, especially as myself and assistant do all the pitch maintenance, shouldn't judge unless uve drive up and inspected the pitch urself, rain,can't live with it can't live without it ha

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Phil Mitchell" data-cid="230638" data-time="1361014393"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Soccer Follower" data-cid="230636" data-time="1361014120"><p><br />

Div 3<br /><br />

<br /><br />

Mawnan v Mousehole off as Moushole are unable to raise a team.</p></blockquote><br />

<br />

On a beautiful day like today, how frustrating. its 3 points but would have preferred a game.</p></blockquote>

3rds Never had a week like it, 9 players out plus 1st & 2nds had players missing! We as a club never done it b4 & didn't like doing it but no point turning up with 6!

Fed up with Newlyn NA being questioned over cancelled game .... We were told that we could not play by the council because we have ruined the pitch by playing last week when waterlogged (e.mail available to all who are interested) .... this was a reserve game against the top team Hayle that we played with no keeper, our man reffing, no subs and 4 best players taken by first team & lost 17 to 1. That was the game we would & could have wriggled out of if we played the system !

Eank all credit to you there in what you hve said us at hayle will happily say that ure pitch especialy the goal mouths where an utter mess after the game amd u wouldent of wanted to play rugby there this week let alone football my honest oppinion is that if a normal ref had refed last week the game would never had took place and as it did it got absoulty ruind weather unplayable by a refs oppinion or not this week as a council pitch like u say they certainly wouldent want it anymore ruined then what happend to it last week