Cornwall Football Forum

yet another team

Was it Barnstable last week???? they keep on coming, the recession is hitting home now. The real world is catching football up at a rate of knots.

Rangers, Portsmouth, Truro, Falmouth to name but a few, all have been one day from closing, and they will keep on adding to that list until football wakes up to the reality that football no longer commands the interest it used to.

Theolderigetthebetteriwas,

Falmouth have had money problems but it has never been stated that they were likely to fold,

there is one big Difference between Falmouth & Truro, Keven Heaney did not come to Falmouth & Promise a golden future for the Club, & supporters, & then do a runner,

Famouth Town own Bickland Park & the club is run in a proper manner, & at the end of the day are more likely to be still a Football club long after the present Truro City have gone,

And restart as they were before, & the old matches between the new Truro City & Falmouth Town can resume,

Hammers :c::thumbsup: :c:

Falmouth have had money problems but it has never been stated that they were likely to fold,

there is one big Difference between Falmouth & Truro, Keven Heaney did not come to Falmouth & Promise a golden future for the Club, & supporters, & then do a runner,

Famouth Town own Bickland Park & the club is run in a proper manner, & at the end of the day are more likely to be still a Football club long after the present Truro City have gone,

And restart as they were before, & the old matches between the new Truro City & Falmouth Town can resume,

Hammers :c::thumbsup::c:

Well in that case Mr Hammers the Packet told a pack of lies. Also a new management was put in place to oversee the correct running of the club???? Lies also????? Don't think so. Falmouths money problems are well known, hence the statement this season that you would be concentrating on local talent and consolidating mid-table.

Yes slightly fifferent to Truro, but not a lot. Done on borrowed money which eventually has to be repaid!! Overpaying for many years to sustain your perceived position in local football nearly brought the club to its knees.

I will concede to you that it does not matter what Truro have done or St Blazey, Falmouth will always be the team to beat.

However be prepared for quite a few barren years.

Well in that case Mr Hammers the Packet told a pack of lies. Also a new management was put in place to oversee the correct running of the club???? Lies also????? Don't think so. Falmouths money problems are well known, hence the statement this season that you would be concentrating on local talent and consolidating mid-table.

Yes slightly fifferent to Truro, but not a lot. Done on borrowed money which eventually has to be repaid!! Overpaying for many years to sustain your perceived position in local football nearly brought the club to its knees.

I will concede to you that it does not matter what Truro have done or St Blazey, Falmouth will always be the team to beat.

So you are one of those people who believe the press, yes Falmouth have had to cut down on expences so have many other clubs, but to compare Falmouth with Truro City & others is completly wrong, I do not know what club you support & I do not really care, I know that I have been a Falmouth supporter for close on 50 years, & I think I know more about Falmouth Town than you, but reading many of your Comments on this Forum, my opinion of you is that you are a bit of a I know all,

Also why do you think that Falmouth are using more local players, For your imformation to save on cost & not to end up like Truro City, Who for one reason or another put their faith in one man who has now more than likely caused the end of Truro City as we know it, So before you knock Falmouth, make sure that you have all of your facts correct, because whatever you may say you did not get it from the Management or Committee of Falmouth Town

For you :SM_carton:

Hammers :c::mellow: :c:

Your opinion of me is of no consequence to me whatsoever. The comments in the Packet came from your committee, so read it again if I were you!

Your post on the salient points was not a great difference from mine? Falmouth have always fallen back to local boys when in the doggie doo, so you had no need to tell me the bleeding obvious, I had pretty much already said it.

For sure if Falmouth generate some money from somewhere the local boys will be dropped like a hot potato, you've done it before and you will do it again.

I think you were just lucky Mr Heaney did not walk through your door, would you have done the deed with him, MMMMM!!!!! let me think. Owing a shed load of money (£250,000 approx) and no way of paying it, you were ripe for him. Good job your land ain't up to much, A lucky escape I think.

Be happy!