Cornwall Football Forum

Lee Hodges sets Truro deadline

"Truro City boss sets October deadline for takeover

Truro City manager Lee Hodges says his players will leave the club in two games' time if a new owner is not found and they are not paid their wages.

City lost 3-2 to AFC Totton in the FA Cup second qualifying round.

"I've asked them to give me next Saturday and Tuesday, and if the money doesn't come in then we'll all call it a day," Hodges told BBC Radio Cornwall.

"We're getting phone calls about players left, right and centre being offered contracts to be paid to play."

He added: "They're digging in for me to stay here because they don't want to go, but there's only so long we can carry on that - it'll be next Saturday and Tuesday, if nothing's done by them I'm sure that'll be it."

Is this the end for Truro? Personally I want to see a Cornish team playing at Conference level - and higher - but is there likely to be a buyer in place and wages paid by next week?

I hope so but am not convinced.

Very very sad times for Truro,i admire the manager and players for the way they have conducted themselves in the past few months.To all those people what ever you decide i wish you well for the future.

It is sad times.

Was there on Saturday,and the players and fans are working so hard to try and keep it all going.

Must hurt you a little bit,as well ,mate.?

Very very sad times for Truro,i admire the manager and players for the way they have conducted themselves in the past few months.To all those people what ever you decide i wish you well for the future.

It is sad times.

Was there on Saturday,and the players and fans are working so hard to try and keep it all going.

Must hurt you a little bit,as well ,mate.?

It does hurt when i think almost 50yrs ago i was watching the likes of Trevor Salsbury and Jock Imrie play at Treyew Road. In my opinion it's a shame 100yrs plus of history has been destroyed by one persons ego,there are one or two others that supported this person that should hang their heads in shame,this is my honest opinion.