Cornwall Football Forum

Truro City reserves

Vospers 1 Truro 0

A great battling performance against a well organised Vospers side. Un done by a poor piece of officiating where a goal bound shot was blocked hit the bar , the net moved and the ref have the goal, the assistant , who WAS in line with the ball, said it didn't go in but the ref from 25 yards away and NOT in line with the ball overruled.

FairPlay to the Vospers lads they carried on didn't cause a fuss and were delighted to get the goal. I don't like to slate refs they do a great job on the whole but several mystifying decision for both teams didn't help the game. I suppose when you at the bottom you don't get the rub of the green.

But for some wayward finishing we should have won the game as we had the lions share of possession with Scott and Jack going close with efforts.

We need goals, we play well in the first two thirds and look strong at the back but can't quite find the finishing touch in front of goal.

As you can see from the team below we were also down to the bare 11 for various reasons such as birthdays parties, with myself and the manager on the bench, surprisingly players who got a slight injury decided to stay on rather than risk our ageing limbs !

Team: (4-4-2)

Luke P

Andy E, Josh, Adam W, Mothy

Harry E, Mike V, Andy B, Mike J

Jack B, Scott P

Subs: (not used) Matt G (player-coach), Dan C (gk), Gary P (gaffer)

MOM: Mike Vanes

It was a shocking decision!! Speaks volume when the vospers players openly admitt it wasn't a goal and truro should have had two penalties.

It's amazing when the laws of football change the law of physics as the ref was heard to say the ball was hit up on to the bar and bounced out but the ball had crossed the line when it hit the bar. Then changed his story to the ball hit the net behind the cross bar and bounced out in front of the line...WOW!!

Ollie Morrison, far too good for SWPL West. The lad is still young, won trophies with Newquay U18's last season, represented Cornwall Youth and would walk into any side in the West and most of the Prem. Ollie is better than most teenagers in the County, I'd suggest that Footballer15 has used his usual match day number in his name here.