Cornwall Football Forum

what a great gesture.

Have just read an item in the SUNDAY INDEPENDENT(29.4.2012) Page 32

WELCOME BOOST. Elburton Villa groundsman Jeff Foulkes receives a cheque for £500 from the first-team squad. The Carlsberg South West Peninsula League club joined forces to raise the money in appreciation of Jeff's hard work in maintaining the playing surface at Haye Road.

Who said that players were only in it for the money?

Pastyman, thank you for the post..... you beat me to it!

Coobiashy, I totally agree.

As most people will know there is a lot of land to be maintained at Haye Road and our groundsman does a fantastic job.

Our club management and players felt it appropriate to acknowledge this.

http://www.facebook.com/index.php?lh=Ac_v0Gi-6OJcPain#!/photo.php?fbid=3064376610375&set=a.3064376570374.2125454.1292294317&type=1&theater

I was going to ask if there were any other things that players have done for clubs in recent years?

One I remember was Torpoint defender Kev Robinson donating £200 towards their new floodlights (hope i'm correct).

Anyone for anymore?

Very nice gesture from the lads at Elburton Villa FC. Well deserved just like a lot of groundsman who give up there time to look after pitches not just in the SWPL but all leagues in Devon & Cornwall

Who's the dodgy charactor in the black coat ?, did not realise he was a player, looks a bit too old. Not unless he was the 5th sub.

not been following hayle for long,but how can the bloke be so miserable all the time? i saw a young child walk from the stand towards the clubhouse at halftime and the groundsman went nuts!anyone would think it was a top green on a golf course and the golfers were playing!!!! for a child to be shouted at for walking across a pitch is surely not right.

not been following hayle for long,but how can the bloke be so miserable all the time? i saw a young child walk from the stand towards the clubhouse at halftime and the groundsman went nuts!anyone would think it was a top green on a golf course and the golfers were playing!!!! for a child to be shouted at for walking across a pitch is surely not right.

Some of these groundsmen are passionate about their grounds lol gone are the days of "keep off the grass" signs